DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

On 9/21/2022 at 7:57 PM, sheson said:

That looks similar to the first crash log, so refer to what I said in this post: 

Together with the quest crash, it seems there might be different causes of CTD  and reportedly something more severe happening when enabling papyrus logging.

Do all those issues stop when deactivating the DynDOLOD output?

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://paste.ee/p/Udgyk

DYNDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt: TOO LARGE

CTD DynDOLOD: https://pastebin.com/SU8E3MTm

Please help.

21 minutes ago, Abbot said:

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt: https://paste.ee/p/Udgyk

DYNDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt: TOO LARGE

CTD DynDOLOD: https://pastebin.com/SU8E3MTm

Please help.

Read the first post how to upload the debug log to a file service.

I assume you need help with the CTD in the game? Have you tested without DynDOLOD in the load order? DynDOLOD.esp is not even the last in the load order. For example, water seam fixes and other patches should be done before generating LOD. E.g. finalize the load order before generating LOD.

This seems like a problem with the quest TESQuest(Name: ACFWhiterunVampires `Vampires of Whiterun Hold`, FormId: E6000BEE, File: `AI_Merge.esp`) and the BGSLocation(Name: `Broken Fang Cave`, FormId: 0001914D, File: `Skyrim.esm`)

Check with xEdit if the quest  E6000BEE  in AI_Merge.esp accesses/links the location 0001914D.

If not, go through the list of the listed TESObjectREFR, so if one of the links to 0001914D. Typically the listed references in the DynDOLOD.esp do not link to locations.

Hi, Testing DynDoLod for error messages. SSE AE 1.6.640, Clean install from Gamerpoets, No CC content yet. Skse, address library and SkyUi. Everything prefect. Cleaned with

Sseedit. TextGen perfect. DynDolod run 4 times. With cleaning, without cleaning, again with it and without Dawnguard. Ok, so the only error it kicks off is 

Error: File not found scripts\dlc1testphilvortextrigscript.pex Dawnguard.esm dlc1testPhilVortexTRIG [ACTI:02010FF5]  What to do, can't find this 
message in google?
Thanks 

30 minutes ago, Spike2112 said:

Hi, Testing DynDoLod for error messages. SSE AE 1.6.640, Clean install from Gamerpoets, No CC content yet. Skse, address library and SkyUi. Everything prefect. Cleaned with

Sseedit. TextGen perfect. DynDolod run 4 times. With cleaning, without cleaning, again with it and without Dawnguard. Ok, so the only error it kicks off is 

Error: File not found scripts\dlc1testphilvortextrigscript.pex Dawnguard.esm dlc1testPhilVortexTRIG [ACTI:02010FF5]  What to do, can't find this 
message in google?
Thanks 

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read the explanations for log messages, like https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Scripts

The compiled script is missing from the vanilla game files. dlc1testphilvortextrigscript.psc is part of the Scripts.zip that installs with CK, so you can compile it.

Just install the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition patch which fixes thousands of errors and bugs and also contains the compiled script.

I apologize in advance for this post and want to thank anyone in advance who replied to this thread. I am pretty desperate to get this working. I have some screenshots of the FPS/Frametime to show what I am dealing with. I have also posted the same topic on Reddit for additional help.

My computer specs: CPU: i9 10900k @ 5ghz

GPU: EVGA FTW3 3090 24GB

Ram: 32GB Corsair DDR4 3600Mhz

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB

PSU: EVGA P2 1200W

Windows 10 21H2

My Load order Library

TexGen and DynDOLOD Settings (DynDOLOD Alpha 103)

So my Skyrim has been plagued by an unplayable stutter. I have spent close to 100 hours trying to troubleshoot this issue myself. Basically, my Skyrim will be smooth and perfectly playable for the first few minutes. After a few minutes, it becomes a stuttery mess.

Now this stutter does not appear to be loading stutter, which is actually pretty surprising for how many mods I am running. I had Skyrim Performance Monitor running and saw that the I/O graph looked pretty normal as well Example.

This stutter is just constant when you are moving and is unplayable. If I stand still and rotate the camera the FPS/Frametime is just fine.

Before I ever started modding my game, I made sure that it was playable and smooth and stable. I basically run in a giant loop to do this. My test run takes me from the exit of the cave from Helgen down to outside of Whiterun, east towards the soutside of Riften, then north up to Windhelm and then to Winterhold and west to Dawnstar, then to Morthal, and then across the swamp to Solitude and then finally follow the road back to the cave outside Helgen. I never stutter, hitch or anything on vanilla Skyrim. This tells me that my ini files should be okay. I even tried running at 2.5x speed to make sure I didn't get any stutter.

Now for my testing here with my screenshots, I am only running to the southside of Riftens gate and I am running at 2.5x speed to test for load stutter. The stutter is pretty much the same whether its 1x speed or 2.5x speed, its just a tiny bit more spread out on 1x speed.

All Mods enabled WITHOUT DynDOLOD

DynDOLOD Enabled with Mods 1x Speed

DynDOLOD Enabled with Mods 2.5x Speed

Through my troubleshooting I have narrowed it down to DynDOLOD as the culprit or at least somewhat responsible. I am not sure why this is. I have tried to use the reddit search and google specifically for DynDOLOD stutter and there really hasnt been anything in a few years. No one else seems to have my issue or at least comment about it. I have tried just about every setting in DynDOLOD from Low to High to removing the Ultra tree LOD and grass LOD and nothing seems to help. If I run DynDOLOD on the vanilla game with no mods, it will run close to perfect. I get a few little blips on the frametime graph, but I cannot feel it in game which is fine Example

. If I run my Skyrim with all my mods minus DynDOLOD, it will run mostly fine. I say mostly fine because with how many mods I am running, I will occasionally get a stutter. I have come to accept that as I do understand that Skyrim and its engine is not perfect. These stutters are consistent enough to not bother me Example

. The problem with this is that I find Skyrims default LOD to be hideous and consider DynDOLOD to be essential and do not want to play with out it if I can absolutely avoid it.

I have tried to disable half my mods with DynDOLOD and then do the other half and then do groups of mods at a time and once I think I have narrowed it down to the mod that is causing the problem, it will just start right back up. One bright thing about doing this, is that I did discover that Enhanced Blood Textures will cause a repeatable stutter outside Riften every single time. Not sure why either, but I have removed that mod for now.

Another thing that I tried is that I copied my Skyrim and mods over to my wifes computer to rule out a computer issue. I received the exact same issue. Smooth and playble for a few minutes and then same stuttery mess. so I know its not my computer, and it should be something with my mods.

I have followed the STEP guide for SSE display tweaks and used the custom ini for Display tweaks and settings and followed the Step guide for Bethini settings and I am still pretty much have the exact same issue. Screenshot

My Wife's computer specs: CPU: i7 8700k @ 5.1ghz

GPU: EVGA FTW3 2080ti 11GB

Ram: 16GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB

PSU: EVGA G2 750W

Windows 11 22H2

Please help me with my stutter issue. I am so desperate to fix this.

5 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

I apologize in advance for this post and want to thank anyone in advance who replied to this thread. I am pretty desperate to get this working. I have some screenshots of the FPS/Frametime to show what I am dealing with. I have also posted the same topic on Reddit for additional help.

Windows 10 21H2

My Load order Library

So my Skyrim has been plagued by an unplayable stutter. I have spent close to 100 hours trying to troubleshoot this issue myself. Basically, my Skyrim will be smooth and perfectly playable for the first few minutes. After a few minutes, it becomes a stuttery mess.

Now this stutter does not appear to be loading stutter, which is actually pretty surprising for how many mods I am running. I had Skyrim Performance Monitor running and saw that the I/O graph looked pretty normal as well Example.

This stutter is just constant when you are moving and is unplayable. If I stand still and rotate the camera the FPS/Frametime is just fine.

Before I ever started modding my game, I made sure that it was playable and smooth and stable. I basically run in a giant loop to do this. My test run takes me from the exit of the cave from Helgen down to outside of Whiterun, east towards the soutside of Riften, then north up to Windhelm and then to Winterhold and west to Dawnstar, then to Morthal, and then across the swamp to Solitude and then finally follow the road back to the cave outside Helgen. I never stutter, hitch or anything on vanilla Skyrim. This tells me that my ini files should be okay. I even tried running at 2.5x speed to make sure I didn't get any stutter.

Now for my testing here with my screenshots, I am only running to the southside of Riftens gate and I am running at 2.5x speed to test for load stutter. The stutter is pretty much the same whether its 1x speed or 2.5x speed, its just a tiny bit more spread out on 1x speed.

Through my troubleshooting I have narrowed it down to DynDOLOD as the culprit or at least somewhat responsible. I am not sure why this is. I have tried to use the reddit search and google specifically for DynDOLOD stutter and there really hasnt been anything in a few years. No one else seems to have my issue or at least comment about it. I have tried just about every setting in DynDOLOD from Low to High to removing the Ultra tree LOD and grass LOD and nothing seems to help. If I run DynDOLOD on the vanilla game with no mods, it will run close to perfect. I get a few little blips on the frametime graph, but I cannot feel it in game which is fine Example

. If I run my Skyrim with all my mods minus DynDOLOD, it will run mostly fine. I say mostly fine because with how many mods I am running, I will occasionally get a stutter. I have come to accept that as I do understand that Skyrim and its engine is not perfect. These stutters are consistent enough to not bother me Example

. The problem with this is that I find Skyrims default LOD to be hideous and consider DynDOLOD to be essential and do not want to play with out it if I can absolutely avoid it.

I have tried to disable half my mods with DynDOLOD and then do the other half and then do groups of mods at a time and once I think I have narrowed it down to the mod that is causing the problem, it will just start right back up. One bright thing about doing this, is that I did discover that Enhanced Blood Textures will cause a repeatable stutter outside Riften every single time. Not sure why either, but I have removed that mod for now.

Another thing that I tried is that I copied my Skyrim and mods over to my wifes computer to rule out a computer issue. I received the exact same issue. Smooth and playble for a few minutes and then same stuttery mess. so I know its not my computer, and it should be something with my mods.

I have followed the STEP guide for SSE display tweaks and used the custom ini for Display tweaks and settings and followed the Step guide for Bethini settings and I am still pretty much have the exact same issue. Screenshot

Windows 11 22H2

Please see top of forum and OP for logs to include in all posts here.

24 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Windows 10 21H2

My Load order Library

Windows 11 22H2

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post.

Post/upload logs and debug logs as explained on the first post.

DynDOLOD 3 is ALPHA. This is an ALPHA test.

It seems the setup might be overmodded and could be exhausting resources. The memory and RAM usage graphs at  https://imgur.com/rhWKbX6 hitting the top, seems odd.

Check draw calls with ENB.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post.

Post/upload logs and debug logs as explained on the first post.

DynDOLOD 3 is ALPHA. This is an ALPHA test.

It seems the setup might be overmodded and could be exhausting resources. The memory and RAM usage graphs at  https://imgur.com/rhWKbX6 hitting the top, seems odd.

Check draw calls with ENB.

Apologies for not including the log files. Here they are. I am unsure why MSI Afterburner shows that my VRAM is at the top like that. Skyrim Performance Monitor shows that I still have a long ways to go before my VRAM is maxed out. I will check the draw calls like you requested. When my FPS is uncapped I am well over 100fps except when looking at the open cities like Riverwood or Dawnstar and thats why I cap my fps at 60 rather than letting it run free.

Edit: I just ran through with the ENB window open and my draw calls were as low as 3k and only got close to 10k when passing through Riverwood. The rest of my test stayed around 5k - 6k draw calls.

Edited by Saint_Chewy

37 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Apologies for not including the log files. Here they are. I am unsure why MSI Afterburner shows that my VRAM is at the top like that. Skyrim Performance Monitor shows that I still have a long ways to go before my VRAM is maxed out. I will check the draw calls like you requested. When my FPS is uncapped I am well over 100fps except when looking at the open cities like Riverwood or Dawnstar and thats why I cap my fps at 60 rather than letting it run free.

Edit: I just ran through with the ENB window open and my draw calls were as low as 3k and only got close to 10k when passing through Riverwood. The rest of my test stayed around 5k - 6k draw calls.

You did not upload the DynDOLOD log and debug log.

It is odd that the memory has a flat max limit like this. You should investigate if the graph to show 0 to 100% usage or whatever else.

Check the papyrus log for stack dumps.

Check if there is any change deactivating dynamic LOD from the DynDOLOD MCM - it will enable again when crossing cell borders.

Test if there is a change if hiding all object LOD Level 32, 16, 8, 4 files respectively. Meshes\terrain\Tamriel\Object\Tamriel.X.*.*.bto where X is 32, 16, 8 or 4.

43 minutes ago, sheson said:

You did not upload the DynDOLOD log and debug log.

It is odd that the memory has a flat max limit like this. You should investigate if the graph to show 0 to 100% usage or whatever else.

Check the papyrus log for stack dumps.

Check if there is any change deactivating dynamic LOD from the DynDOLOD MCM - it will enable again when crossing cell borders.

Test if there is a change if hiding all object LOD Level 32, 16, 8, 4 files respectively. Meshes\terrain\Tamriel\Object\Tamriel.X.*.*.bto where X is 32, 16, 8 or 4.

Sorry Sheson here are the other log files. I will check back once I have looked into the other queries. And I am sorry Sheson, I am not quite following, do you want me to hide all the files in this folder?

Edit: I enabled papyrus logging and I dont think there are any stack dumps? I am really not sure to be honest.. Here is the log. I also deactivated DynDOLOD from the MCM but I saw that it never enabled again when crossing cell borders? Either way I still had the same stuttering the the same places.

Edited by Saint_Chewy

16 minutes ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Sorry Sheson here are the other log files. I will check back once I have looked into the other queries. And I am sorry Sheson, I am not quite following, do you want me to hide all the files in this folder?

Those are the files at the path I mentioned. You might start hiding all BTO for the first test. If there is a difference, hide the files of one LOD level at at time to start narrowing it down. Then continue in a binary search.
LOD 4 will contain the grass and ultra tree LOD. So if there is a change there, generate LOD without one or both options to compare, though the billboard4 tree LOD should not really be a problem in itself.
If those files make a difference that can not be really pinpointed to a group/single file, shrink the texture atlas Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds for a test.

Clean every plugin that has deleted references. https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

Those are the files at the path I mentioned. You might start hiding all BTO for the first test. If there is a difference, hide the files of one LOD level at at time to start narrowing it down. Then continue in a binary search.
LOD 4 will contain the grass and ultra tree LOD. So if there is a change there, generate LOD without one or both options to compare, though the billboard4 tree LOD should not really be a problem in itself.
If those files make a difference that can not be really pinpointed to a group/single file, shrink the texture atlas Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds for a test.

Clean every plugin that has deleted references. https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites

Well this is a little disheartening. So as a blanket test just to check, I hid that folder in MO2. I was still getting the same stutter. I then disabled DynDOLOD completely to make sure it wasnt more of Skyrim's shenanigans and my test run was perfect minus for a stutter because I paused briefly. Results. The left side is me hiding the .BTOs and the right side is with DynDOLOD disabled completely. I will clean the plugins that contain disabled references as you requested and will edit the post