DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Try to close the program normally (not kill it) so the log and debug log files are created and upload them.
For next run add RealTimeLog=1 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Check if the program still uses CPU.  Check with task manager if there are any LODGen/Texconv processes still running in the background it might be waiting for.

Check if it runs through without enabling the worldspace BSHeartland.

So after an hour and a half (lol) generation was successful with 1. no BSheartland worldspace checked, 2. RealTimeLogs=1 (checked periodically) and 3. an update to Microsoft Visual Studio! 

With that successful, can I now just run DynDOLOD again with only BSHeardland checked, change the name of the necessary output files (heartland esps, and then add the textures/meshes/skse folder to my Tamriel DynDOLOD folder)? Or do I now need to run it with everything checked at once for everywhere to work? I can leave it overnight and see how it does in a few hours if that is the case, but I would prefer the former option if that is a thing. Hope I'm making sense, been a few more hours at this than I was expecting.

1 hour ago, rileymil said:

So after an hour and a half (lol) generation was successful with 1. no BSheartland worldspace checked, 2. RealTimeLogs=1 (checked periodically) and 3. an update to Microsoft Visual Studio! 

With that successful, can I now just run DynDOLOD again with only BSHeardland checked, change the name of the necessary output files (heartland esps, and then add the textures/meshes/skse folder to my Tamriel DynDOLOD folder)? Or do I now need to run it with everything checked at once for everywhere to work? I can leave it overnight and see how it does in a few hours if that is the case, but I would prefer the former option if that is a thing. Hope I'm making sense, been a few more hours at this than I was expecting.

Updating existing DynDOLOD output is always possible. https://dyndolod.info/Updating Do not rename any output files / do not invent instructions.

However, I suggest to let me first investigate and probably fix the problem for the next version as there is no reason for that delay when it generates on-demand textures / it should not try to generate any if source textures are missing.

Edit: Use Alpha-102 for that.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread.

The cause is explained in the message. "Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected." and "Some terrain LOD meshes generated by Oscape have bugs resulting in severe visual issues" - You have installed a mod that contains broken terrain LOD meshes.

How to resolve it is explained in the message. "Permamently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes" - Remove the broken terran LOD meshes or generate valid ones with xLODGen.

As explained in the first post, click the link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open additional help.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Typically generate terrain LOD meshes and textures with xLODGen before generating the LOD mod with DynDOLOD, as the terrain LOD meshes are used to optimize object LOD meshes.

Thanks, I'm still learning about LODs and these tools. I assumed I had broken some meshes somehow, but really I just had't come across xLODGen in the third party guides I was reading/watching. 

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which entire log and debug log (in this case from TexGen and DynDOLOD) to upload when making posts.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. 

TexGen fixed in 102 - trunks are back.  Thanks.

Hello,

I have just downloaded the latest version of DynDOLOD Alpha 102.

I use MO2, skse 2.2.3, AE 1.6.640 and I linked TexGen and DynDOLOD.

I launched TexGen after having done xLODGen without any problem.

But it gives me "Item not found".

On the help, they recommend to tell it on the support, which I do now ;)

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

10 minutes ago, Iams said:

Hello,

I have just downloaded the latest version of DynDOLOD Alpha 102.

I use MO2, skse 2.2.3, AE 1.6.640 and I linked TexGen and DynDOLOD.

I launched TexGen after having done xLODGen without any problem.

But it gives me "Item not found".

On the help, they recommend to tell it on the support, which I do now ;)

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 520.74 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which log and bugreport.txt to also upload when making posts.

12 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Make sure the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other 3rd party crap ware is not preventing TexConv from running. Install latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022

https://mega.nz/folder/JkUgRL7K#CxNfc6t08fwcUVfa4xbesQ - I don't see a bugreport.txt anywhere. 

I've tried repairing Microsoft Visual multiple times, allowing all the .exe through windows defender and my antivirus. Given full control to everything and run all programs as administrator and I'm still getting this error. I've never had this issue before and I'm on the same setup as when this all worked perfectly. I'm not sure what else could be stopping it from working. 

I have another question about the additional Enderal billboards. I realized that the only ones that made sense for billboard use are trunk01_000880fa, trunk03_00088146 and trunk05_00088148. TexGen now generates normal maps fine after I updated tangents and faced vertex normals. It all looks fine, apart from the first side view of trunk05_00088148. The preview looks ok, but the actual texture output has a transparent square in the trunk:

image.png

Here are the TexGen logs.

8 hours ago, Khare079 said:

https://mega.nz/folder/JkUgRL7K#CxNfc6t08fwcUVfa4xbesQ - I don't see a bugreport.txt anywhere. 

I've tried repairing Microsoft Visual multiple times, allowing all the .exe through windows defender and my antivirus. Given full control to everything and run all programs as administrator and I'm still getting this error. I've never had this issue before and I'm on the same setup as when this all worked perfectly. I'm not sure what else could be stopping it from working. 

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini in notepad and add LockTexconv=1 under [DynDOLOD]. See if that makes a difference.

If not, it could mean a problem with antivir or unstable CPU/memory. Disable antivir / add exception for all exe involved.

15 hours ago, Phlunder said:

I have another question about the additional Enderal billboards. I realized that the only ones that made sense for billboard use are trunk01_000880fa, trunk03_00088146 and trunk05_00088148. TexGen now generates normal maps fine after I updated tangents and faced vertex normals. It all looks fine, apart from the first side view of trunk05_00088148. The preview looks ok, but the actual texture output has a transparent square in the trunk:

image.png

Here are the TexGen logs.

Try this test version https://mega.nz/file/AIR0gJQY#2Kf-ciaOXHQyqyv_TX7cSdOXnOWTd5iRpD_ej4fvMPw, which should which that.

I've been having an issue with the latest Alpha 102 version where DynDOLOD will often get stuck processing references for a worldspace. It doesn't seem to be related to any particular mod, as the worldspace this happens at looks to be completely random. No matter how long I leave the program it will never proceed from that point. The Elapsed time counters at the top will also freeze, but otherwise the window remains responsive, and I can close the program normally, though if I do that there will still be a process in the background left running that I will have to kill with the taskmanager.

Here are the logs for one run where this happened: https://mega.nz/file/cf1hza7Q#l31nq1otgSvNiH5IqbomBw2OszVMFU6W8bhOLFi2NOI

Edited by Blackread