STEP 2.1.0 / Skyrim 1.6.640

CorneliusC

5 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

This might also be interesting in this context

Yes I'm Sure NG

'Conversion of Yes I'm Sure to CLib-NG to create one .dll file that works in all Skyrim SE versions, including AE 1.6.629+.' (Author's description)

CommonLibSSE - Next Gen (or NG)

CommonLib is exciting. I wonder if NGIO and other relevant mods could/will switch to this.

29 minutes ago, z929669 said:

CommonLib is exciting. I wonder if NGIO and other relevant mods could/will switch to this.

I was just saying the other day I didn't understand why the SKSE team wasn't something like this so authors wouldn't have to update with every single change. It just makes sense, but it seams someone has gone and done something to support just that.

2 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I was just saying the other day I didn't understand why the SKSE team wasn't something like this so authors wouldn't have to update with every single change. It just makes sense, but it seams someone has gone and done something to support just that.

This version actually has been employed by many of the RE devs for several months now. 

On 10/12/2022 at 6:39 PM, z929669 said:

Another example of a mod in this list / this thread which switched to CommonLib to 'support both SE and AE with one '.dll'' is QUI

Edit: I've also just tested the latest version of 'QUI' in my 1.6.353 game version and it works 'downwards compatible' fine there

Edited by CorneliusC

Fudgyduff just updated Quick Loot RE.  Yes!!!

EDIT:  Actually, I didn't even know there was an alternate Quick Loot mod.  This mod displays icons such as whether or not you have read a book or if an item is enchanted.  It also adds settings to the MCM.

QuickLoot EE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/69980

Edited by Kattmandu

On 10/2/2022 at 5:05 AM, Kattmandu said:

Just went through the entire Step guide as well on 1.6.640.  Currently, there are 15-20 DLL files that get disabled when launching the game.  The guide uses a bunch of mods by Fudgyduff (such as Scaleform Translation++) which haven't been updated yet.  Not sure if the mod author is actively working on them or not (doesn't appear so).  I downgraded to 1.6.353 for now so that I can still play the game.

Were you able to downgrade with a backup you had, or is there a patcher somewhere to go back to .353 like there was to downgrade from AE to SE last year? Came back to this right after .640 dropped so don't have a backup and might be SOL for now unless there's a patcher

4 hours ago, Rowlga said:

Were you able to downgrade with a backup you had, or is there a patcher somewhere to go back to .353 like there was to downgrade from AE to SE last year? Came back to this right after .640 dropped so don't have a backup and might be SOL for now unless there's a patcher

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher by halgari

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=files

Under "Old Files" near the bottom locate:

FullPatcher_1.6.640.0-1.6.353.0.exe

I have read (but not tested) that to get Steam to update again (to the latest binary) after downgrading, you will need to go into Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Clear Download Cache

Edited by Kattmandu

9 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

There are now alternatives / conversions to 'CommonLibSSE-NG' for 'Scaleform Translation Plus Plus' and 'Whose Quest Is It Anyway':

Scaleform Translation Plus Plus NG

Whose Quest is it Anyway NG

List now last checked & updated on October 20th

I am interested. If you can, please create mod topics using the change tool in the editor, and I will tag them later when I have time. I'm very interested in picking up these NG mods as alternatives to enhance future compatibility of game/runtime mods and to speed up resolution of updates with game versions.

Hope to see even more of these.