STEP 2.1.0 / Skyrim 1.6.640

CorneliusC

On 9/24/2022 at 9:30 AM, CorneliusC said:

Thank you, i guess i'm lucky i just had finished a full install in game version 1.6.353 before going abroad for a while last week. Not sure with the new game version and state of updates this would now be even playable ...

Just went through the entire Step guide as well on 1.6.640.  Currently, there are 15-20 DLL files that get disabled when launching the game.  The guide uses a bunch of mods by Fudgyduff (such as Scaleform Translation++) which haven't been updated yet.  Not sure if the mod author is actively working on them or not (doesn't appear so).  I downgraded to 1.6.353 for now so that I can still play the game.

Edited by Kattmandu

27 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Just went through the entire Step guide as well on 1.6.640.  Currently, there are 15-20 DLL files that get disabled when launching the game.  The guide uses a bunch of mods by Fudgyduff (such as Scaleform Translation++) which haven't been updated yet.  Not sure if the mod author is actively working on them or not (doesn't appear so).  I downgraded to 1.6.353 for now so that I can still play the game.

Fudgyduff lives in the Ukraine, so (s)he may not be able to update the mod(s). Kinda depends on where in the Ukraine I guess.

39 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Fudgyduff lives in the Ukraine, so (s)he may not be able to update the mod(s). Kinda depends on where in the Ukraine I guess.

Yes, I had read that in the comments on one of Fudgyduff's mod pages.  Unfortunate circumstances on both the modding side and the humanitarian side.  This is the reason I decided to downgrade to 353.  The Step guide authors are faced with the decision of waiting for Fudgyduff mods to be updated or revising the guide without Fudgyduff's mods.  In any case, it could be sometime 2023 before the Step guide works with 640.

Edited by Kattmandu

3 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

The Step guide authors are faced with the decision of waiting for Fudgyduff mods to be updated or revising the guide without Fudgyduff's mods.  In any case, it could be sometime 2023 before the Step guide works with 640.

It won't be that long. We'll drop mods from the Guide if we have to. However, we will wait a while to give authors time to update.

List is now last checked & updated on October 3rd.

I think SPID and 'powerofthree's tweaks' (as a prerequisite for SPID) might now be fairly important to continue, with several mods in the guide dependent on SPID (Add-on from 'Armor and Clothing Extension', 'EEOS', 'SPID for Footprints', 'ODIN spells for NPCS', 'Vokrii Perks for NPCS' ...).

A question regarding this:
I have just came back to play Skyrim again, would I be better off waiting a bit, or rolling back to 1.6.353 version and setting up that? Bit annoying to just luck into a mod-breaking update.

15 hours ago, Gwyll said:

A question regarding this:
I have just came back to play Skyrim again, would I be better off waiting a bit, or rolling back to 1.6.353 version and setting up that? Bit annoying to just luck into a mod-breaking update.

Depends on how soon you want to start playing?  You could downgrade to 353 and begin playing today.  That's what I did.  I finished the Step guide about a week ago and was in the same situation as you.  It appears that Fudgyduff isn't updating any of their mods for now so if you want to play with any of those mods (such as Quick Loot RE), you'll need to downgrade.  The only 353 mod that is hard to acquire is USSEP...just do a search for "I need USSEP v4.2.7 for SSE v1.6.353"

Edited by Kattmandu
  • Like 1

SKSE64 has been updated to version 2.2.3.

EDIT: apparently with this new version there is no longer a need for the skse_steam_loader.exe?

release notes:

- detect and report that the Epic Store version is unsupported
- remove need for skse64_steam_loader, also improves plugin compatibility for GOG version
- better reporting for often-misread plugin names

Edited by ButchDiavolo
included release notes