masternachos

Can't get INI path for MO2 profile [Skyrim]

Question

I downloaded BethINI about a month ago, when I was still using Vortex. I set my INI path to "Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition". I am now using MO2 and I just saw a comment on Reddit where someone suggested using BethINI for performance and mentioned they had found they had set it up wrong. So I went looking, and now I see I need to set my INI path to "ModOrganizer>Default". However, when I select the drop-down for INI path, there is no option for that--just "Browse..." I read that BethINI will ask you for an INI path when you first install it, so I deleted BethINI, downloaded it again, and reinstalled it. All my paths were the same as they'd been before.

How do I get my INI path to be ModOrganize > Default now?

2 answers to this question

Since Mod Organizer is a portable application, it is sometimes impossible to detect the correct location automatically. This is why there is a separate dropdown where you can browse to and select Mod Organizer. Once you have set the Mod Organizer path, it should automatically detect your profile locations. Do note that if your profile is not named Default, you will need to select the name of the profile you created. 

If it still doesn't detect your profiles, which is possible in some cases although unlikely, you will need to browse and select the INI Path manually. Mod Organizer stores the profile specific ini files in your profile folder. Depending on how you have it installed depends on this location as well, whether portable or instanced. By default, instanced versions go into the user AppData directory. 

If you still have trouble, consider disabling profile specific ini files in your profile's settings. This will cause it to use the default Document\My Games location. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hypobolic
      So I have a couple of questions about and with ini files and what settings can be set in ini files and what can't.
      I have two examples I'm working with right now:
      I can set the following in my `SkyrimCustom.ini` file  [Camera] fVanityModeMinDist=50 But, when I go into the game and type in the console
      getini "fVanityModeMinDist:Camera" The result it returns is `185.000`. I have verified that my the ini files I am using are being picked up my MO2. I modified a setting that is already existing in the file and when use `getini` on it in game, the correct modified ini result displays.

The `fVanityModeMinDist` value is not represented in any ini files by default. It will only show up in `SkyrimCustom.ini` after I edit it using the custom tab in BethINI.
      Does this mean, that any values that are not in the vanilla ini files can not be set there? Why would BethINI allow me to do so if this is the case?
      I am trying to solve some z-fighting issues and am attempting to use the following console command in game:
      setini "fNearDistance:Display" 13 This results in an error message in the console. I forget what the exact error is, but it's the same one given whenever the parameters are not correct for a command.
      `fNearDistance:Display` does exist in an ini file, but am I unable to change it through the console in real time? 
      Of course, I am sure that some ini settings must be loaded from the file as the engine initializes, and in that case would not be modifiable dynamically through the console.

For the above two issues, is there any way to know which settings are or are not able to be manipulated either from an ini file or the console, or do I just have to pound away to figure it out? Also, in the case of the `fVanityModeMinDist` setting, is there any other way to set it?
      Thank you.
    • By Ghondie
      Hey I am running BethINI on a 3440*1440 Ultrawide and I cant seem to get it configured right. When I open my inventory it  isnt showing gold or any of that bottom bar. When I level up the point allocation at the bottom isnt showing up also. Any ideas of how to fix this?
    • By XGOD99
      So I just downloaded BethINI for FALLOUT 4, tried tweaking a couple of settings and this popped up as I tried saving and exiting. Tried it a couple more times and still the same message will pop up. ill even simply open BethINI and close it without altering anything and it will still show this message. please help