Terrain Clipping - Are Others Seeing The Same?

Hi,

I've been playing around lately with various grass, landscape/terrain mods, then I noticed some areas of clipping, so I switched back to Cathedral Landscapes, but I'm still seeing the same thing with Cathedral.

Here are some screen shots of the walkways outside the Whiterun gate, is anyone else seeing this too in the game?

In both screen shots, the right side of the walkways is where it's clipping.

THANKS

1494670892_1.Clipping.thumb.jpg.0f88ad50c2d10b9f54fb5e723128961b.jpg

503804031_2.Clipping.thumb.jpg.deceb9f751b5adb6b51bdb43ba56e7d0.jpg

Edited by mooit

You're not going to be able to avoid that. The landscape would have to be shaped perfectly to the object and that is rather hard to do. Bethesda certainly didn't take the time to do this. Most authors don't either. In fact the mass majority of objects on the ground that are statics will clip into the ground. Most are extended at the bottom and designed to be placed into the ground, not rest on top of it.

38 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

You're not going to be able to avoid that. The landscape would have to be shaped perfectly to the object and that is rather hard to do. Bethesda certainly didn't take the time to do this. Most authors don't either. In fact the mass majority of objects on the ground that are statics will clip into the ground. Most are extended at the bottom and designed to be placed into the ground, not rest on top of it.

I understand clipping is an issue all through out the game. I was only trying to figure out if what I was seeing here was game related, or something I did on my end with my setup that introduced this one is all.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

I'd suggest finding a different mesh for that ramp that isn't so perfectly rectangular. That should make it less apparent in this case.

If such a beast exists... hmm ;/

I'd still love it if someone can post some screen shots of the ramps at Whiterun on their setups, to see how this looks?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

You mean this ramp? If it offends the eye you can edit the landscape under the ramp with the CK to flatten it out but thats not so easy to do the tool is easy enough to use but to get good with it takes some practice

20220830084849_1.jpg

An alternative might be to place a bush or fern or something in the corner in an attempt to distract the eye

I've been playing with several grass/landscape mods, and I noticed Folkvangr, even on minigrass 60, it's quite dense with nice performance, and I'm not sure if this was done on purpose, but it's covering up these areas. So for now, looks like I found a fix for some of these areas.

1561111257_1.Folkvangr.thumb.jpg.42bd7e6b2ed9b753ba3cac87fd4389f9.jpg

1582586026_2.Folkvangr.thumb.jpg.96ba8d293e9020216be986107d961870.jpg

I hope one day, we see a really nice Mod/Seam project going on, this game really needs it. Because when you're just chilling/cruising around, trying to just immerse yourself in the ambience and take in the scenery, texture clipping and seams really kill the ambience, they're bloody everywhere.

Edited by mooit

• 2 weeks later...

Soupdragon posted a screen shot, it appears I'm not the only one seeing this.

Is everyone else seeing this too at Whiterun using the Step Guide for SSE?

I personally thought it was the mods I was using.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

14 hours ago, mooit said:

Soupdragon posted a screen shot, it appears I'm not the only one seeing this.

Is everyone else seeing this too at Whiterun using the Step Guide for SSE?

I personally thought it was the mods I was using.

THANKS

It's vanilla issue. Everyone is going to have it. You'll have to edit the landscape to fix it.