z929669

v2.1.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

41 minutes ago, kwiatolec said:

Can I install current version o STEP or should I wait for update?

obraz_2022-09-19_172701618.png

If you let Steam update SSE, the guide will be broken until all related mods get updated on Nexus.

1 hour ago, kwiatolec said:

So now I have to wait, cause i cannot reverse latest update?

You can reverse an update, but it's far more hassle than it's worth and many users have run into issues doing so. Step only supports the latest version of games.

But for now Step is outdated, because it didn't work with latest version of game.

Edited by kwiatolec

I thought about setting up a list here on the forum listing all mods in the guide that need to be updated and already are, but i guess it wouldn't make that much sense with a follow-up update announced ...

3 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

I thought about setting up a list here on the forum listing all mods in the guide that need to be updated and already are, but i guess it wouldn't make that much sense with a follow-up update announced ...

We have a development topic that we used for this the last time, which could be reused. I think we're mainly just in a waiting period right now, but feel free to post a public list if you wish.

21 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

We have a development topic that we used for this the last time, which could be reused. I think we're mainly just in a waiting period right now, but feel free to post a public list if you wish.

Created the topic with the first two sections

Edit:

Edited by CorneliusC

4 hours ago, kwiatolec said:

How long does it usually take until all mods are updated?

With this kind of update, it is impossible to predict. Some mods may even never be updated. 

5 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

With this kind of update, it is impossible to predict. Some mods may even never be updated. 

So the whole STEP has to be reviewed again - some modes kicked, some new added?

5 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

...was thinking the same thing considering we waited forever on a few of the authors to update and some mods never were.

34 minutes ago, kwiatolec said:

Most likely, but it will be a few weeks before we do anything. First, we have some site maintenance planned that will take up a few weeks. When that is done, see where everything sits and decide what to do from that point. 

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:
1 hour ago, kwiatolec said:

Most likely, but it will be a few weeks before we do anything. First, we have some site maintenance planned that will take up a few weeks. When that is done, see where everything sits and decide what to do from that point. 

I had a similar impression when i was trying to update the 2.1.0 / 1.6.640 comparison list. Most likely there won't ever be a carbon copy of the current guide with everything updated, but i'm looking forward to what you'll discuss and do then

On 9/19/2022 at 12:44 PM, kwiatolec said:

But for now Step is outdated, because it didn't work with latest version of game.

We can only update our guide with respect to mods updating to latest game version. Mods are outdated.

We'll update the guide when all relevant mods get updated. probably in a couple of weeks.

Noticed a typo in the guide at Modify Grass Tint/Brightness https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.1.0#Run_DynDOLOD

For generating grass with ENB Complex Grass:

; grass LOD brightness multipliers
ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing

Should read as follows to correspond to the INI file...

For generating grass with ENB Complex Grass:

; grass LOD brightness multipliers
ComplexGrassBrightnessTopG=0.500
ComplexGrassBrightnessTopB=0.500
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing
ComplexGrassBrightnessBottomR=0.500
ComplexGrassBrightnessBottomG=0.500
ComplexGrassBrightnessBottomnB=0.500
  • Thanks 1