z929669

v2.1.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

Hey thanks for the update especially adding Security Overhaul Lock :)

Just want to ask about Cathedral Landscapes Complex Grass for ENB

The guide say it can be use without ENB so i try it and it show some graphical error on the grass

Sorry my english is no good

3 hours ago, Supomo said:

Hey thanks for the update especially adding Security Overhaul Lock :)

Just want to ask about Cathedral Landscapes Complex Grass for ENB

The guide say it can be use without ENB so i try it and it show some graphical error on the grass

Sorry my english is no good

Could you paste a screenshot here?

It can be used without ENB as far as I have seen in game, so I need to understand what you are seeing.

Hi, thank you very much for this new version.

I also noticed some issues with the grass, it's directly tied to "Cathedral Landscapes Complex Grass for ENB"

As shown on the attached picture there are some purple texture and as soon as the mod is disabled they are all gone, I'm not sure it is tied to any END usage or not (I don't use any on my side).

I checked load order, conflicts and I think it is directly tied to this mod textures. It is only conflicting with "Cathedral Landscapes" mod, 54 files winning conflict.

I'll try to hide the files one after another to see if it is one or two particular textures that causes the problem as some grass is perfectly fine.

ScreenShot1.png

After checking there are indeed five files i needed to hide to solve the problem, here is the list :

• fieldgrassTU (1).dds
  • fieldgrassTU (8).dds
  • fieldgrassTU (9).dds
  • fieldgrassTU (10).dds
  • fieldgrassTU (11).dds

Not sure why, the only difference I can tell is that this files are 10.67 M as in comparison the other files named "fieldgrassTU (XX)" of the mod are only 2.67 M and the smaller ones don't need to be hidden.

Everything is fine now but I guess the visual result is not complete.

1 hour ago, LordAmaury said:

After checking there are indeed five files i needed to hide to solve the problem, here is the list :

• fieldgrassTU (1).dds
  • fieldgrassTU (8).dds
  • fieldgrassTU (9).dds
  • fieldgrassTU (10).dds
  • fieldgrassTU (11).dds

Not sure why, the only difference I can tell is that this files are 10.67 M as in comparison the other files named "fieldgrassTU (XX)" of the mod are only 2.67 M and the smaller ones don't need to be hidden.

Everything is fine now but I guess the visual result is not complete.

I'm pretty sure this is a mesh conflict problem. If so, simply hiding the conflicting textures should have no impact, but it could be possible if the meshes used are not coming from CL.

What's the exact location you are seeing this? Is it all over the tundra?

Does this glitch go away with ENB enabled and come back with ENB disabled? (use Shift + F12 to toggle ENB on/off)

Use More Informative Console to identify the meshes and the assets they point to (hit Shift key while pointer is on the asset label in MIC)

You are probably right about meshes, after some more tests it appears that there are still issues, I ended deactivating this mod completely.

I only noticed it with the tundra grass, every other grass seems to be fine.

I don't use any ENB so I can't tell you if this change anything.

Everything works perfectly with this 2.1.0 for the moment, I only noticed this small issue.

You are probably right about meshes, after some more tests it appears that there are still issues, I ended deactivating this mod completely.

I only noticed it with the tundra grass, every other grass seems to be fine.

I don't use any ENB so I can't tell you if this change anything.

Everything works perfectly with this 2.1.0 for the moment, I only noticed this small issue.

Again, where exactly are you seeing the issue? All over the tundra? I need info to reproduce.

Please use MIC to identify the purple meshes (this should be installed with 2.1.0)

I don't think this is an issue with the "Cathedral Landscapes Complex Grass for ENB" (CLCG) mod but rather an issue in your mod list or configuration, but I cannot say for certain without the info above provided.

Under 2.1.0, this is the conflict assessment for Cathedral Landscapes. Notice that CLCG only conflicts with CL textures, and no meshes in CL are overridden by other mods besides rockgrass01.nif:

image.png

... I suspect you have something else overriding CL grass meshes, because they work fine as far as I have seen (I created CLCG, BTW, so I have some XP with it ;) )

I'll do MIC in a minute. Here are some screens of the bug after reactivating the modYou'll find pictures of the tundra from the south tower and some other screens from grass near riverwood.

I'll also upload the conflict screen for this mod.

ScreenShot2.png

Conflict_screen.png

ScreenShot3.png

ScreenShot4.png

ScreenShot5.png

ScreenShot6.png

For some reason I can't click with MIC on tundra grass. I tried as you said with Shift and it works fine for green grass but for tundra it doesn't do anything just...I click and then nothing. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong I dont know)

For some reason I can't click with MIC on tundra grass. I tried as you said with Shift and it works fine for green grass but for tundra it doesn't do anything just...I click and then nothing. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong I dont know)

Please see my previous screen, and show your CL losing conflicts. Sort by hitting the col header so meshes go up top. Type grass to filter.

I forgot that MIC doesn't work for grass meshes for whatever reason.

To test that CLCG mod is or isn't the issue, disable all mods but CL and CLCG. You can make this easy in MO by duplicating your profile and disabling them in that profile (so you don't need to enable all of the ones you had been useing before that). But you can do it in your current profile too. Then start a new game and look at the grasses.

So, STEP 2.1.0 Guide says in the Changelog that "Not So Fast - Main Quest" and "Not So Fast - Mage Guild" were dropped/replaced by "At Your Own Pace".  However, the 2.1.0 Guide itself still lists both of those "Not So Fast" mods for install along with "At Your Own Pace" (which definitely affects both the main quest line and college quest line if installed per the detailed instructions).

Was it an oversight in the guide to not remove the "Not So Fast" mods from the install list or an oversight in the Changelog to note them as having been replaced?  Or, did I just miss something (which me missing something is certainly not out of the realm of possibility LOL)?

All in all, thanks, as always, for all STEP does for the modding community.  (Only "dislike" I have in 2.1.0 thus far is how brutally dark inns, dungeons and even player homes are now.  But, I understand the change fixed an issue with sneaking.)

1 hour ago, Yirmeyahu said:

So, STEP 2.1.0 Guide says in the Changelog that "Not So Fast - Main Quest" and "Not So Fast - Mage Guild" were dropped/replaced by "At Your Own Pace".  However, the 2.1.0 Guide itself still lists both of those "Not So Fast" mods for install along with "At Your Own Pace" (which definitely affects both the main quest line and college quest line if installed per the detailed instructions).

Was it an oversight in the guide to not remove the "Not So Fast" mods from the install list or an oversight in the Changelog to note them as having been replaced?  Or, did I just miss something (which me missing something is certainly not out of the realm of possibility LOL)?

All in all, thanks, as always, for all STEP does for the modding community.  (Only "dislike" I have in 2.1.0 thus far is how brutally dark inns, dungeons and even player homes are now.  But, I understand the change fixed an issue with sneaking.)

It was an oversight having not removed Not So Fast.

Fixed now. Thanks for reporting.

A minor sidenote: The direct download link for 'XP32 Maximum Skeleton' (in the instructions) is still referencing the 4.80 version (Mod was updated to 4.81 a couple of weeks ago, also with updated skeleton meshes, i didn't check the meshes itself, just the file dates ...)

3 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

A minor sidenote: The direct download link for 'XP32 Maximum Skeleton' (in the instructions) is still referencing the 4.80 version (Mod was updated to 4.81 a couple of weeks ago, also with updated skeleton meshes, i didn't check the meshes itself, just the file dates ...)

The main Nexus page is SFW, so I removed the direct link. Please use the standard link:

image.png