Security Overhaul SKSE - Gems Patch - The Cause Chests Secured (by PraedythXVI, Unbrntoast)

z929669

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My bad for wording the question that way, I should have installed not owned.
So I gather what you're saying that all CC content must be installed and active.

I don't actually like a bunch of the CC content, a few are silly, a few don't feel lore or vanilla friendly, some are over-powered, etc. I feel the guide is a little ambiguous, but concede that could just be my interpretation. Regardless I'd humbly suggest perhaps an edit to the guide in the note, if true, to remove all ambiguity, something like:
* All Creation Club Content added by the Anniversary Edition Upgrade, with the exception of Survival Mode, must be installed and active

I can work back and resolve this for my install (I think I'll have to review just a handful of mods where CC patches existed and I didn't grab), but perhaps to save others the confusion it might be worth clarifying the guide from the get go :)

Thanks for the clarification.

40 minutes ago, ozoak said:

My bad for wording the question that way, I should have installed not owned.
So I gather what you're saying that all CC content must be installed and active.

I don't actually like a bunch of the CC content, a few are silly, a few don't feel lore or vanilla friendly, some are over-powered, etc. I feel the guide is a little ambiguous, but concede that could just be my interpretation. Regardless I'd humbly suggest perhaps an edit to the guide in the note, if true, to remove all ambiguity, something like:
* All Creation Club Content added by the Anniversary Edition Upgrade, with the exception of Survival Mode, must be installed and active

I can work back and resolve this for my install (I think I'll have to review just a handful of mods where CC patches existed and I didn't grab), but perhaps to save others the confusion it might be worth clarifying the guide from the get go :)

Thanks for the clarification.

So the note at the top of the guide isn't clear? It even points to the AE official content on Steam ... "Anniversary Upgrade DLC" required... in-game activation of Survival Mode optional

image.png

Honestly, no.
Despite Bethesda plugging a "Downloadable Content" flag on the Anniversary Ed Upgrade, the CC content that it unlocks unlike previous actual DLC content are themselves just mods, they carry an innate ability to be turned on and off based on personal preference.
If the expectation is that they are all installed it could be clearer.

I provided a reason and what I thought was constructive criticism, if we disagree I have no issue with that.

Suggest we all just move on :)

59 minutes ago, ozoak said:

Honestly, no.
Despite Bethesda plugging a "Downloadable Content" flag on the Anniversary Ed Upgrade, the CC content that it unlocks unlike previous actual DLC content are themselves just mods, they carry an innate ability to be turned on and off based on personal preference.

I provided a reason and what I thought was constructive criticism, if we disagree I have no issue with that.

No need to defend. I was just confirming that you saw the note. I will add a bit more clarity to that.

1 hour ago, ozoak said:

Honestly, no.

No disagreement, but how are you "turning these on and off"?
MO actually counts them as original content so there aren't any toggles for unticking these files in MO. You must be going beyond the scope of the Guide and setting them up as individual mods in MO or not downloading them all, which has lead to the confusion. We instruct to download all the CC content in the Setup Guide, which is a prerequisite to completing any of our Guides (granted it's only mentioned on that one instruction line so it could be easy to miss). It's also mentioned at the top of the Guide that the AE DLC is required. Nothing about those two instructions say any about them being piecemeal. I think it was your own assumptions that were messing you up. ;) I do see that Z updated the notice at the top of the Guide, though, so hopefully that is crystal clear now. :thumbsup:

Why am I pointing this out and asking about how these are being "turned off"?
Well, we typically recommend the Guides to be installed all the way through (we also mention this in the Guide...or did in the past). This is so any user's own deviations won't cause support issues. Once the Guides are confirmed running and set up properly, users can customize them as desired. This "standardizes" the Guide installs across all users so the Staff will know, 100%, what to expect and what should be happening when support does come up. If anyone deviates from that, then it's far harder for us to know what is going on. This is why our responses were what they were, above.

With that said, it's perfectly okay to deviate as much as you like (even if it's just putting that AE content within mod listings)! :cool: Just be aware that we may come back at you rather confused unless the entire situation and your own deviations are explained to us. As for mods, if any mods are installed or switched out during the Guide install (or after), then you may not get any support for those mods since staff may not be familiar with them.

It's all good, not enough time in this life to be angry about things :)

It's undoubtedly on me, I should be clear on that. The danger of having been playing and modding Skyrim since day 0 - I clearly just do some things on autopilot these days (like relocating the CC esm files for the ones I don't want). I appreciate the discussion was taken on board though despite this being a niche thing if not totally a 'me' issue, thank you. I've got to go find the auto-pilot switch and flick it to the off position and continue the STEP journey (aside from going back to pick up the CC patches I didn't think I needed, I'm just about through step 4, can't give up now!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ozoak said:

It's all good, not enough time in this life to be angry about things :)

It's undoubtedly on me, I should be clear on that. The danger of having been playing and modding Skyrim since day 0 - I clearly just do some things on autopilot these days (like relocating the CC esm files for the ones I don't want). I appreciate the discussion was taken on board though despite this being a niche thing if not totally a 'me' issue, thank you. I've got to go find the auto-pilot switch and flick it to the off position and continue the STEP journey (aside from going back to pick up the CC patches I didn't think I needed, I'm just about through step 4, can't give up now!)

This is a little off topic (I'll split this out if it's becomes a discussion), but I'm curious which of the AE content you feel aren't lore friendly and why? I'm always diving into lore for my modding adventures so I'm genuinely curious.