Skyrim Beta 1.9!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently there's a new beta version 1.9.32.0 (original was 1.9.26.0) but I can't find any documentation for it' date=' anyone know what's up?[/quote']

It was a quick fix to a issue with NPCs eyes staying open while they are sleeping. That's all.

That sounds like one of those bugs you would leave in the game for while, just for fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Reaching higher levels without having to use/increase useless or unwanted skills.

Getting as many perk points as you want while keeping your specialization.

That is what it is.

Yep and I'm pretty excited by this change. For both reasons.

I dislike forcing myself to level skills I don't use. My typical approach has been to blow training sessions only on skills I don't plan to use (like 2h, an armor skill, etc) - but this is annoying to do because of the lack of a convenient "Save Training Sessions For Later" like Oblivion had. That was a must-have mod and to my knowledge, as of a couple months ago anyway, no such thing existed in Skyrim.

Simultaneously, I sorta disliked the idea of an absolute perk cap. I like strategic allocation of resources but I like my caps soft. Its always nice to know that if you keep at it you can get better at more things, even if it becomes inefficient.

I prefer to use the Skyrim Community Uncapper as it effectively allows you to use only the important skills, and you don't have to drop a skill level back to 15. With uncapper you can change the weighting for skills you don't use, and simultaneously increase it for those you do use, so that skills you don't plan to use are much less important.

Yes, I've used Elys on my last playthrough, it worked okay, expect one bug I had where Light armor started leveling a whole point for every hit I took at some point.

Still I'll be trying the 1.9 system in my next run, probably when the next DLC ships. I think I could like it.