Skyrim Beta 1.9!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we're not forced to use this patch. The Legendary skills thing sounds god awful.

Legendary Skills is optional. It's merely a new difficulty level you would select that most likely comes after Master. Even then, you still don't have to use the skill portion.

That's good. What's even better is that I misunderstood how it would work. It's not actually as terrible as I thought it would be now that I've finally found somewhere that explains it decently.

I'll probably still stick with a mod solution to the level cap though.

rpsgc Wrote

LynziRaeighn Wrote

I hope we're not forced to use this patch. The Legendary skills thing sounds god awful.

I don't understand where people get this idea that making a skill legendary is mandatory

I knew it wasn't mandatory but I'd been thinking maybe Uncapper wouldn't work well with the changes or something. To be fair, I was half-asleep.

To make things clear:

There is a new difficulty setting called Legendary: This has nothing to do with Legendary Skills!!!

Legendary skills are completely optional. A player can choose to downgrade a mastered skill (100) to 15 to relevel it again - or leave it be as it is.

Of course you can use the legendary difficulty setting without legendary skill reset.

Uncapper will probably have to be changed a bit, but Elys has been very quick to release updates to the mod, so it shouldn't be a problem. If anything, Elys will take this update and find a way to make leveling even more customizable.

I really hope this legendary difficulty is more than just increasing health points that enemies have. Master difficulty is so boring just sitting around hacking away at some enemy. I want to be challenged by smarter enemies not just really strong, but stupid ones.

If you're expecting smarter AI (better tactics, no rushing, use of flanking, etc), don't hold your breath.

Putting aside the fact that the game is more than 1 year old, this is Bethesda we're talking about.

I've been playing pretty much all day (6+ hrs) with the beta using STEP+CoT+SkyRe+AV and I just got my first CTD approaching the Imperial camp south of Ivarstead. Thankfully v1.9 doesn't seem to have upset anything yet.

I've been playing pretty much all day (6+ hrs) with the beta using STEP+CoT+SkyRe+AV and I just got my first CTD approaching the Imperial camp south of Ivarstead. Thankfully v1.9 doesn't seem to have upset anything yet.

Were you getting CTDs more often before?

Were you getting CTDs more often before?
I haven't actually played for an extended period recently, so I can't say for sure.  I suspect it's around the same amount as before for me.