Sign in to follow this  
z929669

Support for ENB Complex Grass In LOD

Question

@sheson I am wondering if you have looked at complex grass support in LOD. I don't know if it's even possible, given the ENB requirements vs DynDOLOD atlas-texture requirements, but there is no way I can find to get a good LOD match in all lighting/weather conditions with LOD grass behaving similarly to loaded grass in terms of light sources and observer PoV.

Basically, ENB-CG looks at lower-left pixels of 2:1 (vertical:horizontal) texture atlas with diffuse/normal, opacity/specular in the alpha. I'm not sure if this could work using the DynDOLOD atlas and grass components of the super meshes, but figured you would have some idea of the limitations for LOD.

I created CG for vanilla and Cathedral Landscapes for testing purposes if you ever have appetite for looking into it.

I was just going to suggest to use face normals function on all 4 sides and save and test with that billboard to see if it makes a difference for you. It should be ever so slightly brighter at noon.
Save to a new filename and add it to the GrassBillboardX list in the DynDOLOD INI and set ComplexGrassBillboard to its number.

If the nif has a BSTriShape, unfold the Vertex Data list and then any Vertex Data in block details and then click on Normal.

35 minutes ago, sheson said:

I was going to suggest to use face normals on all 4 sides and test with that billboard to see if it makes a difference for you. It should be ever so slightly brighter at noon.
Save to a new filename and add it to the GrassBillboardX list in the DynDOLOD INI and set ComplexGrassBillboard to its number.

If the nif has a BsTriShape, unfold the Vertex Data list and then any Vertex Data in block details and then click on Normal.

OK, I will definitely try that in my next test.

Unfortunately, the Skyrim update is in my way, so I will need to set up another MO profile for this testing (stripping out broken mods ... will take me some time, as I want to use the same grass cache for LOD). SKSE doesn't seem to be updated though.

Thank you