Almighty Stuttering

Phyriel

Question

Guys im raging pretty hard atm, cant kill a 3 bandits with this stutter near bleak falls burrow and in very dense blizzard on my head. Well i followed S.T.E.P very closesly for the balanced option - nearly all 1k textures. Im playing on 1280x1024 resolution with game provided aa anizo turned off (chose catalyst to handle that). My rig specs are:

-AMD Phenom II x4 955 overclocked 3.2ghz overclocked a bit

-4 gb RAM

-ASUS Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Is this not enough to run this S.t.e.p option? im using skyrim performance monitor and it actually amazes me how terribly bad my GPU is used. Just when i load a game and menu appears Skyrim Performace Monitor shows my GPU already working at 99% and choking on 300 VRAM. When im ingame its 99% GPU and eating all VRAM asap. I usually run around with 40-50 fps but it drops to 20 somethin offen, but the worst... those freezes... right now im in a save where i get 2 sec freeze each 3 seconds... its like playing on 2 fps even tho my performance monitor shows 20+. I actually tried using FPS limitter found on Nexus to ease up my VRAM a bit but to no big effect. Tbh game is unplayable. Just tell me if my rig is not enough for this or somethin is just wrong.  

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

ok you got SMAA but thats not the one im gonna suggest you, in fact we gonna let all this tools pendent for tomorrow cause im gonna tell you to get the new RadeonPro that has SMAA injector settings builtin that work from SMAA injector released by Ceejdk.

in the meanwhile have some fun in skyrim as is. soon you will unleash your PC for skyrim only!:whistling:

Oh my goodness oh my dayyum... :D Cheers, i gotta say i'm falling in love with S.T.E.P folks, not just for a mod list but damn! the support here is better than in MMO's I played over last 10 years and paid for them monthly. Those ****ers would just send me a FAQ link and take it as granted those basic information scraps would solve my problems... They must've took an arrow to the knee for real:)

ok you need RadeonPro

and SMAA by Ceejay.dk

install RadeonPro and reboot your system after it.

extract SMAA to a new folder where it will be use from. not inside skyrim or not inside any other game, SMAA will be injected thru RadeonPro, also delete injector.ini that comes with sweetFX, its a problematic file related to Online AntiCheat software, i also recommend you delete injector.ini that its inside the compressed files. this is very important if you play online multiplayer games, you have been warned.

Ok i got it done, next? Sorry but i disabled my brain now that I got some1 who can guide me thru stuff flawlessly;)

P.S Dude do u have some sort of skype or Team Speak 3 on ur PC? I can give u some IP for TS server i used with my wow guild we could get this done faster or well.... actually i guess its good it is all here in case some1 else want to benefit from this info.

Similar to turning aero off, it may be worth checking how many unnessasary processes you have running in the background on your pc msconfig. If you have an anti virus program anti spyware programs make sure that if they, have features that actively monitor everything thats happening on your computer that you disable them while gaming. Otherwise everything you do on your computer and while playing the game, is been processed slowed down by these programs. Avira, eset smart security, kaspersky, gdata and a lot of others do this. If your cpu fan is full of **** and your gpu blow them out, you could also try Turn off visual effects on this page, it would take the aero concept to the next level. https://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/optimize-windows-7-for-better-performance

I read over this and i thought it made no sense as well dunno that i can add much to this this is pretty obvious you may of done it but like turning aero off it may be worth checking how many unnessasary processes you have running in the background on your pc msconfig you probably have thought i would mention anyways the other thing if you have an anti virus program anti spyware programs make sure that if they have features that actively monitor everything thats happening on your computer with everything you do to turn them off while playing your game otherwise that will put a tax on your system avira eset smart security kaspersky gdata and a lot of others do this if your cpu fan is full of **** and your gpu blow them out you could also try Turn off visual effects on this page it would take the aero concept to the next level https://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/optimize-windows-7-for-better-performance

Please use punctuation. This gives me a headache.

@Nshell: Is this other smaa injector you are referring to usable/better than the other one for a nvidia user? If so, why? Can a nvidia user configure this sweet FX in the same way as if using radeon pro?

About ATTK: Which processes should be set to exempt exactly? the Nvidia Control panel or is it a other process that handles the gpu?

I read over this and i thought it made no sense as well dunno that i can add much to this this is pretty obvious you may of done it but like turning aero off it may be worth checking how many unnessasary processes you have running in the background on your pc msconfig you probably have thought i would mention anyways the other thing if you have an anti virus program anti spyware programs make sure that if they have features that actively monitor everything thats happening on your computer with everything you do to turn them off while playing your game otherwise that will put a tax on your system avira eset smart security kaspersky gdata and a lot of others do this if your cpu fan is full of **** and your gpu blow them out you could also try Turn off visual effects on this page it would take the aero concept to the next level https://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/optimize-windows-7-for-better-performance

@Nshell: Is this other smaa injector you are referring to usable/better than the other one for a nvidia user? If so, why? Can a nvidia user configure this sweet FX in the same way as if using radeon pro?

About ATTK: Which processes should be set to exempt exactly? the Nvidia Control panel or is it a other process that handles the gpu?

Edited by torminater -REMOVED-

Really, I don't think it's necessary for anybody to have to read a text like yours or a text like the one I just sucked out of my fingers (a saying in my native language). Let's be nice to each other and take care of another all together and everything will be alright.

[quote name='Well i'm treating you as nicely as your treating me' date=' i asked you if your able to see why you give me a head ache. All you said was can i see if reading your answer would be difficult for me, my answer is "no" that wasn't difficult at all. Infact to "me" that felt more natural then reading a punctated reply i perceive then both the same way. I'm not particuarly annoyed at you, i told you you give me a head ache which is what you told me if you give it surely you can accept it back. I fixed my mistake up so now we can be all hugs and smiles, clearly i'm not used to doing it so it takes me roughly double the amount of time to type something punctated since i'm just guessing places to put crap.

@Nshell: Is this other smaa injector you are referring to usable/better than the other one for a nvidia user? If so' date=' why? Can a nvidia user configure this sweet FX in the same way as if using radeon pro?

About ATTK: Which processes should be set to exempt exactly? the Nvidia Control panel or is it a other process that handles the gpu?[/quote]

sweet jesus come on lad dunno why youre so ticked off i am reading all the forum threads on this board and have been doing so for a pretty long period of time and everybody could use commas and full stops even though they werent native speakers im no native speaker either i just read your other threads in this forum and you could actually use commas and full stops so apparently you can do it if you dont feel like doing it all the time maybe after reading this text you are able to estimate how somebody feels reading a very long text without clear endings and beginnings of thoughts oh and if you only want one person to read your texts send a private message if not well then i already told you the community here is fond of everybody and anybody here who wants to help others with their issues considering anything and everything so don't be grouchy and stop helping because you got a negative comment on your writing style

Really, I don't think it's necessary for anybody to have to read a text like yours or a text like the one I just sucked out of my fingers (a saying in my native language). Let's be nice to each other and take care of another all together and everything will be alright.

torminater Wrote@Nshell: Is this other smaa injector you are referring to usable/better than the other one for a nvidia user? If so, why? Can a nvidia user configure this sweet FX in the same way as if using radeon pro?

RadeonPro has a builtin SMAA injector and it uses the shaders built by Ceejay.dk as its template. I have no knowledge about Nvidia tool if it has SMAA injector builtin or not, sry i dont have Nvidia card i dunno.

and you can use this SMAA injector directly in Skyrim Folder and it will work as a standalone SMAA injector, if you choose to do so disable AA in INI and in Nvidia, let SMAA handle AA for youThumbsup

also delete injector.ini that comes with sweetFX, its a problematic file related to Online AntiCheat software, i also recommend you delete injector.ini that its inside the compressed files. this is very important if you play online multiplayer games, you have been warned.

about ATTK:

basically you need to add to exceptions all essential processes that interact directly and indirectly with Skyrim.

this means your Fav Mod Manager(wrye,MO,NMM)

your GFX Apps(afterburner,all Nvidia software)

any overclock App

with this said you need to determine what in your system is essential to run skyrim and add it to exceptions in ATTK. or it might create instability during skyrim runtime.

torminater Wrote@Nshell: Is this other smaa injector you are referring to usable/better than the other one for a nvidia user? If so, why? Can a nvidia user configure this sweet FX in the same way as if using radeon pro?

RadeonPro has a builtin SMAA injector and it uses the shaders built by Ceejay.dk as its template. I have no knowledge about Nvidia tool if it has SMAA injector builtin or not, sry i dont have Nvidia card i dunno.

and you can use this SMAA injector directly in Skyrim Folder and it will work as a standalone SMAA injector, if you choose to do so disable AA in INI and in Nvidia, let SMAA handle AA for youThumbsup

also delete injector.ini that comes with sweetFX, its a problematic file related to Online AntiCheat software, i also recommend you delete injector.ini that its inside the compressed files. this is very important if you play online multiplayer games, you have been warned.

about ATTK:

basically you need to add to exceptions all essential processes that interact directly and indirectly with Skyrim.

this means your Fav Mod Manager(wrye,MO,NMM)

your GFX Apps(afterburner,all Nvidia software)

any overclock App

with this said you need to determine what in your system is essential to run skyrim and add it to exceptions in ATTK. or it might create instability during skyrim runtime.

Thanks! Feel free to post a ATTK guide on our wiki! If I recall correctly you said you were going to provide a short basic guide for the thread starter anyways ;-)