Sign in to follow this  
ximen

Visible wire / edge mesh tree LOD

I am getting some straight black lines at the borders of the pine tree LOD meshes, what is going wrong here?

ScreenShot9.png

11 hours ago, ximen said:

I am getting some straight black lines at the borders of the pine tree LOD meshes, what is going wrong here?

ScreenShot9.png

Don't use 3rd party billboards with DynDOLOD 3. Post on the DynDOLOD support forums with logs for assistance.

Posted (edited)

I am 100% sure I dont have any 3rd party billboards installed, can this have been caused by errors caused by mods being uninstalled inproperly?

Edited by ximen

What tree mod are you using?
Those line appear when the billboards or text files aren't set up correctly (wrong dimensions) with 2D LOD for trees. That's why Z came in with questioning the billboards. 

Yes, what Tech says is correct ... if you are using a tree mod with proper LOD models, then DynDOLOD 3 will create accurate billboards and billboard.txt files. Keep in mind that some tree mods will install tree billboards (or even pregenerated LOD) without making it entirely obvious. If you tell us the tree mod and the install options you used, it would help to clarify.

Either way, you are best off posting in the DynDOLOD support forums with the logs as specified over there.

I am currently using "happy little trees", latest version meant for dyndolod 3.0.

1 hour ago, ximen said:

I am currently using "happy little trees", latest version meant for dyndolod 3.0.

As long as you don't have the optional billboards installed, you should be good on that. You should post on the DynDOLOD support forums for assistance (note the posting rules at top of page).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mousetick
      Discussion topic:
      Im Talking to You by RedxYeti
      Wiki Link
      Addresses an issue where NPCs don't realistically react to your activating them to initiate dialogue, and continue to walk off on their merry way. This results in a surreal dialogue where you find yourself conversing with thin air while the NPC has walked off screen.
      I'm sure you've encountered this situation before. This is more disturbing in first person, and exacerbated by using mods that give NPCs more elaborate AI packages, such as AI Overhaul.
      With this mod, the NPCs will promptly stop, and attempt to get close to you if they can find a path, if not they'll stay where they are. They'll also turn to face you.
      It's script-based. There is a single, very simple script that kicks in when the dialogue menu opens and stops when the dialogue menu closes. Most of the scripting is done efficiently via SKSE scripting functions, although the mod itself is not an SKSE plugin.
      Previous versions used several Papyrus scripts and had an issue where NPCs would perform a 360 degrees spin when turning to face you. This was funny but weird.
      The new simplified and optimized version fixes those issues so I can recommend it without reservation.
    • By DoubleYou
      Discussion topic:
      ENB Grass Collisions by Boris Vorontsov
      Wiki Link
      Preset 5 is currently considered best.
    • By Mousetick
      Discussion topic:
      Read Or Take SKSE by powerofthree
      Wiki Link
      A simple SKSE plugin that allows you to take or read books or notes placed in the world, when you activate them.
      There are 3 possible modes, configurable in an INI file:
      Automatic: read unread books and take already read books. Always read. Always take. The default read/take action depending on mode can be reversed by pressing a key while activating the book. Also configurable in the INI file (left Shift by default).
      As it's an SKSE plugin, you can install/uninstall at any time.
      Beware the following issues as of this writing (refer to the bugs and comments sections on Nexus for more details):
      There is a minor cosmetic glitch when used in conjunction with moreHUD, where the Read eye icon floats over the book in read mode. This only occurs when activating to read, it's fine if reading from the inventory. This mod's and moreHUD's MAs are currently arguing over which mod's fault it is. Hopefully they will come up with a solution at some point. Apparently the modifier key feature doesn't work with a gamepad. Has yet to be confirmed/acknowledged by the MA. The description of Default action values in the INI file is reversed. It should be: 0 - Automatic, 1 - Take, 2 - Read.