Even Better Quest Objectives (by whickus & updated by William Imm)

WilliamImm

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the mod's been updated to fix a newfound issue with the Dawnguard plugin (also a issue with the Dawnguard ESM), and upload two more compatibility patches - one of which is for The Choice Is Yours. I am seriously considering making an installer for this mod, because of the numerous compatibility patches.

One more update: Hearthfire Plugin! It's a start for the DLC's that I'm going to cover. It improves the location objectives of the Hearthfire buildiable home quests to be clearer as to where you are supposed to go. Probably should be used for Hearthfire users, I think.

It's not a huge deal, but I just found this interface glitch in Whiterun's Hall of the Dead:

Posted Image

I would agree that it's not a huge deal - and it would be something I can't fix, short of shortening the misc quest descriptions (not really deseriable) or hacking the quest screen to properly space out quest objectives. (which I really can't do, because I don't really know how to use Flash or a decompiler)

It's not a huge deal, but I just found this interface glitch in Whiterun's Hall of the Dead:

Posted Image

I would agree that it's not a huge deal - and it would be something I can't fix, short of shortening the misc quest descriptions (not really deseriable) or hacking the quest screen to properly space out quest objectives. (which I really can't do, because I don't really know how to use Flash or a decompiler)
That's what I figured.  Oh well, tiny downside for a good mod :P

It's definitely a useful mod and WilliamImm has done a lot in short time to get this working.

At some point I'd like to request a version that has a single esp with the basic mod plus the additional patches for all the STEP mods, if the group thinks this makes sense.

It's definitely a useful mod and WilliamImm has done a lot in short time to get this working.

At some point I'd like to request a version that has a single esp with the basic mod plus the additional patches for all the STEP mods, if the group thinks this makes sense.

I definitely agree, the mods ESPs we can eliminate the better.  Is WilliamImm willing to do special requests? :P

Well... it's possible for me to make a "STEP Special Sauce" with the main file and the patches for The Choice is Yours and Better Book Names. At this point, I'm really wishing that the Skyrim Wrye Bash had as much bash patching functionality as the Oblivion version did - would reduce number of ESPs at load.

Well... it's possible for me to make a "STEP Special Sauce" with the main file and the patches for The Choice is Yours and Better Book Names. At this point' date=' I'm really wishing that the Skyrim Wrye Bash had as much bash patching functionality as the Oblivion version did - would reduce number of ESPs at load.[/quote']

Ditto. Dev was going fast a few months back, but it seems pretty dead in the water now. Likely due to Skyrim updates and that team working on related projects (and Lojack much less in the game these days ...?). Then again, Skyrim updates may be keeping them from doing too much more until the main game engine stabilizes long term. I have not checked the WB dev for a while.

The last post on the TES5Gecko forum on DarkCreations was in November, so it will unfortunately be quite a while before this has anything like the capability that TES4Gecko provided. Wrye Bash also seems to be moving slowly as it doesn't have as many developers as it had when the Oblivion version was being evolved and Wrye was heavily involved. TES5Edit provides more capability than the version available for Oblivion, but since Skyrim has scripts it is still challenging to manually combine or patch complex mods.

• 2 weeks later...