Help reading crashlog

Hi all!

I've been experiencing some issues with my setup. I have a full setup and a few other mods, which are probably at fault. I don't think it's a save issue, at least I started a new character and the seconds I moved to an exterior (started as vampire) I was hit my infinite loading screen. The problem shifts between freezes, causing me to force end the game in task manager, infinite loading screens, causing me to do the same, and more rarely, CTD. It only happens in exteriors so far, and lately (today) it happens almost everytime I load into an exterior, where previously it happend once in a while, perhaps 30-60 minutes apart. Since this isn't an clean STEP setup I feel it is much to ask for someone to check the crashlog of the latest crash (it only logs the CTD's), since it's so long,  but maybe someone could give me a few pointers on how to differentiate the "malign" info with the "benign" info. 

Best regards

Halde

crash-2022-06-09-14-47-53.log

The crash log shows the crash occurred in MO2's UVFS virtual Data folder component which is completely hosed at that point:

SKSE PLUGINS:
    directory_iterator::directory_iterator: The system cannot find the path specified.: "Data/SKSE/Plugins"

This can't be used to diagnose the actual source of the problem, because it's merely a consequence of previous crashes or of forcefully killing the game in Windows Task Manager. In my experience, this can leave MO2 and its virtual folder in an unstable/zombie state. If the virtual Data folder doesn't work reliably, neither can the game.

You need to return to a pristine stable MO2 state:

1. Quit MO2.
  2. Open Windows Task Manager, go to Details tab, sort by Name column.
  3. Ensure there is no 'ModOrganizer.exe' running in the list.
  4. Kill any instance that you find.

Now you're back to square one and can actually try to troubleshoot the real issue(s). Don't forget to check from time to time if you don't have stray 'ModOrganizer.exe' instances running in Task Manager, and always check after a crash. Clean as described above.

Are you sure it was an infinite loading screen - I mean, how long did you wait?

Tip: When you add mods to your setup and you're not sure what they change, try them out first without DynDOLOD (disable all 3 plugins). If everything looks ok and is stable, re-generate all LODs, enable DynDOLOD and test again. If you add a mod that only changes some dialogue or NPC appearance for example, obviously you don't need to do that, but if in doubt, it's safer to do it that way.

Addendum I forgot in my tip: When running the DynDOLOD tool, as part of re-generating all LODs, look carefully at the Summary report displayed in your browser at the end. Look for warnings related to any mods you added, which may indicate potentially serious problems.

One more - sorry I can't seem to be able to gather all my thoughts at once while multi-tasking:

It's entirely possible that your game instability was caused by MO2's hosed virtual Data folder in the first place, without there being anything wrong with the game or the mods themselves. This happens to me sometimes. The scenario is:

1. I run a tool from MO2, usually it's LOOT that triggers the following.
  2. Upon exiting the tool and returning control to MO2, MO2 "crashes". It doesn't actually completely crash, its UI front-end simply disappears, but it's still actually running in the background, unbeknownst to me.
  3. I relaunch MO2 (now there are 2 copies of MO2 running, and the virtual Data folder component is broken).
  4. I run the game and at some point it crashes or hangs, for the reason previously mentioned.