Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Halde

Vokrii - Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul Patch (by Retrah)

Recommended Posts

Discussion topic:
Vokrii - Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul Patch by Retrah
Wiki Link


Hi all!

I'm having a great time playing, but just now hit what might be a little issue. With CACO items to extract blood and flesh has been added to the game, but due to Vokrii, the perks that the ability to harvest these doesn't exist. This leaves in useless items added by CACO, and immensely increases the rarity of these items (I'm level 28 now and found 2 (total) blood ingredients). I found this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46476 which is a patch, would it be fine to use with STEP. Or is there a STEP solution I've missed?

~Sincerely

Halde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded and installed that patch some time ago but I don't think I ever used it, so can't vouch for it.

Instead I've been using Arbor Philosophorum - Alchemy Perk Tree for CACO and Vokrii (by celadoneiron) which is basically a fusion of CACO and Vokrii alchemy perk trees, with a few additional tweaks. I think it's quite good and has been working fine for me, but you may not like the other changes it makes, in which case you'd probably want to use the CACO - Vokrii patch instead.

Neither are officially supported by STEP.

Note: I'm not sure either solution would work on your current level 28 game, you'll likely have to start a new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2022 at 2:39 PM, Halde said:

Hi all!

I'm having a great time playing, but just now hit what might be a little issue. With CACO items to extract blood and flesh has been added to the game, but due to Vokrii, the perks that the ability to harvest these doesn't exist. This leaves in useless items added by CACO, and immensely increases the rarity of these items (I'm level 28 now and found 2 (total) blood ingredients). I found this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46476 which is a patch, would it be fine to use with STEP. Or is there a STEP solution I've missed?

~Sincerely

Halde

@TechAngel85, @DoubleYou, @Greg I think we should consider using the Vokrii/CACO patch linked above. It does not overlap with Krypto's Vokrii-CACO patch and merges changes that seem logical (see mod description). I suspect the Krypto patch maintainer specifically patched around this one, but IDK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, z929669 said:

@TechAngel85, @DoubleYou, @Greg I think we should consider using the Vokrii/CACO patch linked above. It does not overlap with Krypto's Vokrii-CACO patch and merges changes that seem logical (see mod description). I suspect the Krypto patch maintainer specifically patched around this one, but IDK.

It's very possible no one notified the team doing the patching for Kyr and may not know of this patch. I've had to change the permissions on RWT to stop users from doing this kind of thing of not telling the author about bugs and uploading patching on their own for the DP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

It's very possible no one notified the team doing the patching for Kyr and may not know of this patch. I've had to change the permissions on RWT to stop users from doing this kind of thing of not telling the author about bugs and uploading patching on their own for the DP.

So you think it's just a coincidence that both are doing the same thing but have managed to avoid editing the same records? Not a single conflicting record between the two, which is why I suspect the Krypto MA knows about this one .... perhaps it's mentioned on Krypto's topic or elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, z929669 said:

So you think it's just a coincidence that both are doing the same thing but have managed to avoid editing the same records? Not a single conflicting record between the two, which is why I suspect the Krypto MA knows about this one .... perhaps it's mentioned on Krypto's topic or elsewhere.

I don't know, but it's possible they just don't know or have patched it differently. I haven't looked at them recently so I can't say for sure. Just a possibility. I would search and then PM if you're not certain. I'm much more of a fan of seeking out the author for clarification before I do anything; especially if it's a bug and I'm going to have to re-edit something later when the author catches it and fixes it themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, z929669 said:

It does not overlap with Krypto's Vokrii-CACO patch

[...]

So you think it's just a coincidence that both are doing the same thing but have managed to avoid editing the same records?

There is no official Vokrii-CACO patch provided by Kryptopyr's maintainers. Are you confusing with the Vokrii-CCOR patch perhaps? The Vokrii MA doesn't provide an official compatibility patch either.

The reason is that you're supposed to choose one or the other Alchemy perk tree. If you sort CACO before Vokrii, you get the Vokrii perk tree, and if you sort CACO after Vokrii, you get the CACO perk tree.

As explained by the Vokrii MA on the compatibility page:

Quote

Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (CACO): Some assembly required. Both mods modify the Alchemy skill tree and the mod that is lowest in the load order takes priority, so you will need to make a choice. Alternatively, use the third party patch (SSE).

The unofficial Vokrii-CACO patch and the Arbor Philosophorum mod I linked to are for users who want to combine both perk trees, so that CACO mechanics and items make sense and can be used with Vokrii's perk tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

There is no official Vokrii-CACO patch provided by Kryptopyr's maintainers. Are you confusing with the Vokrii-CCOR patch perhaps? The Vokrii MA doesn't provide an official compatibility patch either.

The reason is that you're supposed to choose one or the other Alchemy perk tree. If you sort CACO before Vokrii, you get the Vokrii perk tree, and if you sort CACO after Vokrii, you get the CACO perk tree.

As explained by the Vokrii MA on the compatibility page:

The unofficial Vokrii-CACO patch and the Arbor Philosophorum mod I linked to are for users who want to combine both perk trees, so that CACO mechanics and items make sense and can be used with Vokrii's perk tree.

Kryptopyr's Patch hub provides a Vokrii-CACO patch. It does not touch the perk records or any of the other records that "Vokrii - Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul Patch" touches or vise versa. That's what I mean. It looks like they are both 'compatibility' patches, but they do not overlap at all. Combining these two patches provides more comprehensive blending of the Vokrii and CACO, slightly prioritizing CACO features it seems, IMO. This patch author states that it should be less dependent on LO of Vokrii and CACO, but I haven't studied that explicitly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Kryptopyr's Patch hub provides a Vokrii-CACO patch.

Where? I don't see any:

image.pngimage.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Where? I don't see any:

image.pngimage.png

 

That explains it. Yes, now I know what you were saying. I WAS conflating CCOR with CACO. No wonder they don't have overlapping records!

That said, I still think we should be using the Vokrii CACO patch mentioned above. :embarassed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I just looked at it and it should be an easy and obvious add to the Guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just moved this topic into the mods forum so we can have this discussion pertaining to this here. Marked it for testing, but it seems to be a presumed add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By DoubleYou
      Discussion topic:
      Worldspace Transition Tweaks by AndrealphusVIII
      Wiki Link
      This is a very interesting mod, yet relatively unknown mod. While the main thing it advertises is the ability to swim from Skyrim to Solstheim, it is a lot more than that on the LOD front. It has overhauled a huge amount of the landscape, mostly the landscape beyond the playable regions. It also expands the size of Tamriel and Solstheim worldspaces. I am unsure that there aren't problems due to the size increase, as I had thought that there was a certain limit on the bounds that can be used for worldspaces without bugs.
      There are multiple incompatibilities that can be found and resolved in xEdit, mostly involving weather records added to certain cells. There are landscape conflicts between this and Smooth Shores that possibly might require a Creation Kit patch.
      One idea I had, however, was to not use this mod in its entirety, but only for xLODGen generation, like xLODGen Resource - SSE Terrain Tamriel (which is merged with this mod, btw). I'm not sure if this is a viable idea or not, but seems possible. This will not work.
      Testing notes:
      Look for problems with LOD. Author has stated it doesn't work for DynDOLOD 3, but I rather doubt that is truly the case. Look for landscape conflicts. Install ACMOS patch.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.