Blended Roads stones look MUCH brighter than snow

Noobsayer

While there are a few things I want to add/remove, I decided to follow STEP to the letter and make sure everything was working on that foundation before tweaking.

I noticed after I was done with installation the rocks from Blended Roads were more the white paint effect and really stood out against the rest of the surrounding snow. So I made a test profile in MO, disabled everything but Majestic Mountains, Cathedral Weathers/Landscapes, Better Dynamic Snow and Blended Roads.

I also tried with "Mesh Patch for Various Mods -  Assorted Mesh Fixes SMIM Blended Roads Patch" and it's prereqs, same deal. Then I tried downloading the corresponding "Projected Diffuse Patch Hub" file for Cathedral Landscapes even though Cathedral Landscapes already has one, and still no dice.

I'm at a loss. What am I missing? =/ I don't want to keep going until I can figure this out.

SkyrimSE 2022-06-07 09-11-08-20.png

Edited by Noobsayer

47 minutes ago, Noobsayer said:

While there are a few things I want to add/remove, I decided to follow STEP to the letter and make sure everything was working on that foundation before tweaking.

I noticed after I was done with installation the rocks from Blended Roads were more the white paint effect and really stood out against the rest of the surrounding snow. So I made a test profile in MO, disabled everything but Majestic Mountains, Cathedral Weathers/Landscapes, Better Dynamic Snow and Blended Roads.

I also tried with "Mesh Patch for Various Mods -  Assorted Mesh Fixes SMIM Blended Roads Patch" and it's prereqs, same deal. Then I tried downloading the corresponding "Projected Diffuse Patch Hub" file for Cathedral Landscapes even though Cathedral Landscapes already has one, and still no dice.

I'm at a loss. What am I missing? =/ I don't want to keep going until I can figure this out.

SkyrimSE 2022-06-07 09-11-08-20.png

Did you disable the Cathedral Landscapes 'TEMP' mod to be used only during terrain LODGen? That may cause such issues. If you don't have that 'mod', revisit CL install instructions. It's one case where we don't instruct to merge multiple files from the same mod. If you did that, simply reinstall, choosing 'replace' for the main file, and then install the TEMP add-on.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have it, but disabled it after running xLODGen/TexGen/DynDOLOD. I was hoping that was the problem, but it persisted on a full STEP install (minus setting up MCM) so that's when I went back to disabling all mods on a test profile and enabling just the ones I listed:

• Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  • MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm
  • MajesticMountains_Moss.esp
  • Better Dynamic Snow SE - DisableRefs.esm
  • Better Dynamic Snow SE.esp
  • MajesticMountains.esp
  • Cathedral Landscapes.esp
  • BlendedRoads.esp
  • Cathedral Weathers.esp
  • CathedralWeatherMCM.esp
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

I do not have any of the mesh fixes enabled that wouldn't have an esp on this profile. EDIT: Nor any textures other than what Cathedral Landscapes provides.

SKSE is installed because I was too lazy to manually re-install it but I realize that shouldn't affect this at all.

Edited by Noobsayer

Try using More Informative Console to identify the meshes/textures and searching for them in MO Data in right pane using the filter. This will tell you what mod is providing the assets. Almost certainly CL, but I'm not in a position to verify ATM.

This sort of thing can also happen after loading a save and using COC/COW via console. I assume you aren't using TFC in the shot you posted (i.e., this is not LOD). You should also try loading up a new game to see if the issue persists.

I assume you have all mods installed in the guide? Your issue is almost certainly with CL and/or BDS, so I would double check those install instructions.

46 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Try using More Informative Console to identify the meshes/textures and searching for them in MO Data in right pane using the filter. This will tell you what mod is providing the assets. Almost certainly CL, but I'm not in a position to verify ATM.

This sort of thing can also happen after loading a save and using COC/COW via console. I assume you aren't using TFC in the shot you posted (i.e., this is not LOD). You should also try loading up a new game to see if the issue persists.

I assume you have all mods installed in the guide? Your issue is almost certainly with CL and/or BDS, so I would double check those install instructions.

Nah, I'd just walked out of the Dawnstar Inn.

37 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Double-check and make sure

• 'Projected UV Diffuse Normals' is enabled
  • 'Improved Shader' is disabled

on the Visuals tab of BethINI.

I think I know the problem. I'd run BethIni to specifications, except I'd not had the correct MO profile ticked. Redoing it with the proper profile made it blend in like it should.

Thanks so much guys!

• Like 1