Installing another tree mod

Halde

2 hours ago, Halde said:

If I install something like Happy Little Trees, should this go instead of Lush Trees in the guide, or just on top off? I think it looks really great

Yes, if you use HLT then you don't use Enhanced Vanilla Trees. I would recommend using this as well for lods with DYNDLOLD. Happy Little Trees Add-On - DynDOLOD 3 at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

You can still use Aspens Ablaze if you want. 

Edited by Eliian

2 hours ago, Halde said:

If I install something like Happy Little Trees, should this go instead of Lush Trees in the guide, or just on top off?

You mean instead of Enhanced Vanilla Trees (EVT)?

Yes you should disable EVT (or remove it entirely) and install HLT after it (or in its place, respectively), sorted before Aspens Ablaze.

Make sure to regenerate your tree LODs afterwards (TexGen + DynDOLOD).

Edit: Ninja'd by Eliian :)

59 minutes ago, Halde said:

Thanks both of you! And yes I mean EVT, just ****ed up in my memory due to using the Lush Trees option IIRC

EVT and HLT both change vanilla trees, so they are not compatible without custom patching the plugins and setting the correct mesh overrides.

1 hour ago, Halde said:

Thanks both of you! And yes I mean EVT, just ****ed up in my memory due to using the Lush Trees option IIRC.

Make sure to run LOOT after installing and enabling HLT, before regenerating LODs.

If you keep Aspens Ablaze (recommended), verify that its plugin is sorted by LOOT after HLT. When I set this up a while ago, this wasn't the case, and I had to create a manual/user rule. LOOT's Masterlist may have been updated since then, so this may not be necessary.