Altitude Making the stip way too bright

Reize12

Question

Hello,

I am currently modding New Vegas and using the current STEP NV guide (not fear and loathing). I've installed almost everything exactly as specified in the guide with a few deviations mainly involving armor and body mods (I'm using Type4 instead or Type3) and I installed New Vegas Redesigned 3 Revised over FCO and did not install it's attendant mods (last few edits, bug fixes).

The issue I am experiencing is with the Altitude weather mod. With the mod installed the New Vegas strip looks like for lack of a better word, a super nova. From the outside and inside it is so bright it is almost white. If i disable Altitude it looks normal. I not sure what settings or conflicting mods could be causing this. I am not using an ENB or any kind of visual effects except what the guide has in it. The mod page on the nexus has a sticky telling people to enable full dynamic range and calibrate their monitors if they have brightness issues. I have done both and it has not made any difference I can see. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I may have to ditch the mod which would be a shame as it looks fantastic everywhere else in game.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Here are some screenshots for reference

https://ibb.co/L14t1vQ  With Altitude

https://ibb.co/K6ygkCt  Without Altitude

3 answers to this question

Oh wow... those exterior lights do look like a supernova. The only mods that affect the lighting here are Lucky 38 E3 Lights Restored and Altitude - A Vanilla Plus Weather Mod, but neither of these should affect the lighting that drastically. Lucky 38 E3 Lights Restored enables the window lights around the dome and adds a spotlight as seen in the right half of this comparison shot. The left half is from another mod that adds some really bright yellow lights on the stairs and exterior around the doorway that was blinding to my eyes.

I'm wondering if it might be something in your INI files that could be causing this, although I don't know which of the light settings may affect this.

38.jpg

On 5/26/2022 at 12:16 PM, Greg said:

Oh wow... those exterior lights do look like a supernova. The only mods that affect the lighting here are Lucky 38 E3 Lights Restored and Altitude - A Vanilla Plus Weather Mod, but neither of these should affect the lighting that drastically. Lucky 38 E3 Lights Restored enables the window lights around the dome and adds a spotlight as seen in the right half of this comparison shot. The left half is from another mod that adds some really bright yellow lights on the stairs and exterior around the doorway that was blinding to my eyes.

I'm wondering if it might be something in your INI files that could be causing this, although I don't know which of the light settings may affect this.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for replying, I've tried fiddling with the INI's a bit but have not had any luck. But I am reluctant to mess with it too much as I am not well versed in what I am actually changing. Oh well, I'll make do without. The game still looks lovely without the mod. Again, thank you for your time. I am truly grateful for these STEP guides, I would never have been able to break into modding without them.

Kind regards,