MO2's GUI Won't Let Me Play My Game

Shezza2022

Question

Hello, All:

I'm Shezza. Greetings from Canada!

I'm writing today to find help with the mod Septimuus 3. Every time I go to play, it shuts itself down. I believe the problem to be with my MO2's GUI (Graphic User Interface.) I also suspect that antivirus and my MO2 are having a difference of opinion. I have two questions. One: Can one fix this problem on one's own? Two: Is it possible to redownload Septimus through Nexus and not use Wabbajack?

Thank you kindly for your time. I remain,

Sincerely yours always,

Shezza. 

1 answer to this question

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had no experience with Wabbajack so I had to do a deep dive into it.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:11 AM, Shezza2022 said:

Every time I go to play, it shuts itself down. I believe the problem to be with my MO2's GUI (Graphic User Interface.)

What is happening here? What shuts down the game or ModOrganizer?

I also suspect that antivirus and my MO2 are having a difference of opinion.

MO and the game should be installed in their own folders outside of any Windows controlled UAC folders. 

I have two questions. One: Can one fix this problem on one's own? Two: Is it possible to redownload Septimus through Nexus and not use Wabbajack?

Question number one. There is nothing preventing you from installing another instance of ModOrganizer. In fact, I would suggest that you do that and make sure that the vanilla game runs and doesn't have any problems.

Question two. In theory yes, but there are some things that would not be available there that are in the pack. But you don't have to redownload or install anything if you still have the Wabbajack pack installed. You can point your new instance of ModOrganizers downloads, mods, and profiles folders to the ones in Wabbajack or just copy them to the new MO2 instance if you have the room on the drive.

Edit, you will of course have to take care of the script extender, ENB and any other tools yourself.

Edited by GSDFan