Cathedral - 3D Thistle (by Dr Jacopo)

DoubleYou

@Eliian For your screen compares, is this mod disabled for the Step screens? I ask because this mod replaces both the vanilla meshes and the textures, and Hybrid's only provides only textures. Having this mod enabled with Hybrid's overriding would cause the leaves to look wonky.

So far we have one 'yes' vote for this from DY. I'm abstaining, as I don't favor this mod over Hybrid's (based on all screens), but Hybrid's is only a half measure, IMO.

I would prefer an upscale of Hybrid's leaf textures and/or a better florathistle01.nif for those textures. Hybrid's uses a tweaked version of diffuse vanilla stems/leaves at same resolution as vanilla [1k] and a unique normal made from that diffuse. So this is the correct vanilla style, and it's a slight improvement over vanilla.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

@Eliian For your screen compares, is this mod disabled for the Step screens? I ask because this mod replaces both the vanilla meshes and the textures, and Hybrid's only provides only textures. Having this mod enabled with Hybrid's overriding would cause the leaves to look wonky.

I put this mod at the bottom of the left panel so it would overwrite everything. 

I would also prefer an upscaled hybrids or improved mesh.  I ended up going for keeping Hybrids. The overall shape of the 3d thistle stuck out too much for me while playing. 

After looking in-game, I don't think this one quite stands up to the task as proper replacer for vanilla for Step. I look for things beyond just the visual these days. For a plant of this size, it's not just for looks and harvesting, but to also fill in some spaces. At first glace, it's doesn't look so bad:
Step > This Mod
Step-Skyrim-SE350.png Step-Skyrim-SE349.png

However, when looking at if it fulfills it's job at filling spaces, it falls a bit short. It also looks more out of place in this shot:
Step > This Mod
Step-Skyrim-SE351.png Step-Skyrim-SE352.png

I would have to give this one a "No" vote for the time being, but I'm definitely tracking it.

• 1 month later...