ENB Grass Collisions (by Boris Vorontsov)

DoubleYou

6 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

You are completely skipping over the point where I said it does that in the game with or without this mod for me. So in other words, there is no change.

Grass doesn't move in vanilla though, other than the fake windy motion.

However, it is completely possible that enb will use collisions without it, since this "mod" is enabled in two places. Boris likely released this "mod" simply to raise awareness, like he did with ENBoost. Therefore, there may be no need for this other than to set a different preset from the default. 

6 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

However, it is completely possible that enb will use collisions without it, since this "mod" is enabled in two places. Boris likely released this "mod" simply to raise awareness, like he did with ENBoost. Therefore, there may be no need for this other than to set a different preset from the default. 

I assume you mean that the collision config section can be in enbseries.ini as well. I had it there at first but wound up using the separate INI file, as I recall not getting it to work otherwise. So I removed it from enbseries.ini.

I could be wrong though.

14 hours ago, z929669 said:

So when you disable ENB, you still see the grass respond to NPCs??

Yep. It moves just like it does for my character.

8 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

This is what I was thinking because there is no setting to turn it off. I can toggle the setting off in ENB and see if it stops moving.

33 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yep. It moves just like it does for my character.

This is what I was thinking because there is no setting to turn it off. I can toggle the setting off in ENB and see if it stops moving.

Turn it off in ENB Effects settings via the enbseries.ini

EnableComplexGrassCollisions=true

27 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Turn it off in ENB Effects settings via the enbseries.ini

EnableComplexGrassCollisions=true

Confirmed. It works just fine. When I toggle it off the grass stops moving. It seems this mod simply changes the settings, however, those settings never made any difference on my end. Toggling the feature back and the grass starts moving again. Works fine and I'm fine with adding the feature, but as DY mentioned, this mod isn't required.

9 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

From this video, presets 3 and 5 look best. My bet is that 5 is default, and if you don't change it, you might as well not have the ini file.

10 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Confirmed. It works just fine. When I toggle it off the grass stops moving. It seems this mod simply changes the settings, however, those settings never made any difference on my end. Toggling the feature back and the grass starts moving again. Works fine and I'm fine with adding the feature, but as DY mentioned, this mod isn't required.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. There is no 'mod' for grass collision. It's ENBSeries 0.473+ with EnableComplexGrassCollisions=true and a separate INI (enbgrasscollisions.ini) adjacent to enbseries.ini, the contents of which is customized for Step:

[GRASSCOLLISIONS]
Decay=30.0
FadeRandomization=0.6
Elasticity=2.0
Flexibility=0.9

... this is a preset I configured based on feedback on the Nexus mod posts page. If you install the Step ENB, then this is what you get.

Whether or not the above INI config works when placed directly into enbseries.ini (and deleting enbgrasscollisions.ini) is not clear. If it does and you guys have confirmed this, then we should not be using enbgrasscollisions.ini, and the config belongs in enbseries.ini.

I have confirmed it works "as is" in the Step Heavy ENB in dev archive (no [GRASSCOLLISIONS] section in enbseries.ini).

51 minutes ago, z929669 said:

There seems to be a misunderstanding. There is no 'mod' for grass collision. It's ENBSeries 0.473+ with EnableComplexGrassCollisions=true and a separate INI (enbgrasscollisions.ini) adjacent to enbseries.ini, the contents of which is customized for Step:

[GRASSCOLLISIONS]
Decay=30.0
FadeRandomization=0.6
Elasticity=2.0
Flexibility=0.9

... this is a preset I configured based on feedback on the Nexus mod posts page. If you install the Step ENB, then this is what you get.

Whether or not the above INI config works when placed directly into enbseries.ini (and deleting enbgrasscollisions.ini) is not clear. If it does and you guys have confirmed this, then we should not be using enbgrasscollisions.ini, and the config belongs in enbseries.ini.

I have confirmed it works "as is" in the Step Heavy ENB in dev archive (no [GRASSCOLLISIONS] section in enbseries.ini).

There's no confusion. You're just tripping up on the word play. By "mod" I mean the INI via the Nexus Page. These are "mod pages", hence why I called it a "mod".

Those settings are closer to preset #2. I simply stated the moves but doesn't flatted like that on my end (at least for the tundra). I prefer it how it is now, though. That flattening looks unnatural in the video...like a giant, heavy ball is rolling with the character. 

29 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

There's no confusion. You're just tripping up on the word play. By "mod" I mean the INI via the Nexus Page. These are "mod pages", hence why I called it a "mod".

Those settings are closer to preset #2. I simply stated the moves but doesn't flatted like that on my end (at least for the tundra). I prefer it how it is now, though. That flattening looks unnatural in the video...like a giant, heavy ball is rolling with the character. 

Ahhh, OK. I agree. That's why I went with the preset we have. It is tweaked based on a review of several posts a while back. Did you test if the added INI file is necessary (i.e., code can be in enbseries.ini instead)?

44 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Ahhh, OK. I agree. That's why I went with the preset we have. It is tweaked based on a review of several posts a while back. Did you test if the added INI file is necessary (i.e., code can be in enbseries.ini instead)?

No because I wasn't seeing any changes between switching presets. I'll ask over on their Discord.