ENB Grass Collisions (by Boris Vorontsov)

DoubleYou

• 2 weeks later...

So I just tested this mod with ComplexGrass (which looks pretty good, BTW). Here is what I posted on the Nexus topic:

I'm using this mod with Cathedral Landscapes and the complex grass for CL add-on mod . I'm not seeing any bending grass with my character in first or third person, but I do see the effect on NPCs (well, the wolf chasing me down anyway, but not the giant, who has no shoes). My character is the default Prisoner at game start, so wearing common boots. I haven't tried changing shoes, but it shouldn't matter ... ?

• 1 month later...

I tested this mod with several options and couldn't tell a different in my character, NPCs, or animals. I tried 3 different options and the settings in ENB are set to True. I simply couldn't see what the mod was suppose to be doing because it seemed to be doing doing. Tested by running around the tundra.

3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Perhaps there is a conflict between this and using grass cache? That would be fun. 

No, that's not it, because it works for me. Just not my PC. Wolves trigger it fine. Besides, it only works in loaded cells.

5 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I tested this mod with several options and couldn't tell a different in my character, NPCs, or animals. I tried 3 different options and the settings in ENB are set to True. I simply couldn't see what the mod was suppose to be doing because it seemed to be doing doing. Tested by running around the tundra.

You need to have the latest ENB and optional INI installed. See the WIP dev archive (Heavy only)

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

You need to have the latest ENB and optional INI installed. See the WIP dev archive (Heavy only)

O_o:no:

Going to be sarcastic because your response seemed like a shot from the hip, like an auto response for user support. I know that if you didn't follow the conversations yesterday then you may not be in the 'know', but to point out what is obvious to me...

You know how I've been saying that I am out of commission other than posting for the last couple of week due to my hard drive and GPU upgrade? How I haven't even had the game installed? How I said I would need to set everything back up? Then posting all yesterday about it being a lot easier getting things back up and running because of MO's instances...even mentioned that I still needed to set the stuff back into the root folder. Messaged all day yesterday about getting things set up, my progress, and my performance with the Heavy ENB installed, etc. etc. Umm...everything is fresh and new. Heavy ENB is installed. :P

Now you quoted the post where I stated that ENB settings are correct (I checked) because I wasn't sure if they were or not so did my due diligence there. I also tried putting the mod's INI in the root folder and within ENBSeries folder. Nothing. I tried 3 different options from the mod. Nothing. The grass moves for me with or without the move in the same manner. I never could get it to stick down like in the author's image. As for the user images on Nexus, well if that is all the mod is doing then it's barely noticeable and is more of a screen archer tool, imo.

e9213bca91b94e0eedfe99565609ceaa.jpg

Maybe someone should explain exactly what I'm looking for out of this mod because it's not obvious.

2 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

O_o:no:

Going to be sarcastic because your response seemed like a shot from the hip, like an auto response for user support. I know that if you didn't follow the conversations yesterday then you may not be in the 'know', but to point out what is obvious to me...

You know how I've been saying that I am out of commission other than posting for the last couple of week due to my hard drive and GPU upgrade? How I haven't even had the game installed? How I said I would need to set everything back up? Then posting all yesterday about it being a lot easier getting things back up and running because of MO's instances...even mentioned that I still needed to set the stuff back into the root folder. Messaged all day yesterday about getting things set up, my progress, and my performance with the Heavy ENB installed, etc. etc. Umm...everything is fresh and new. Heavy ENB is installed. :P

Now you quoted the post where I stated that ENB settings are correct (I checked) because I wasn't sure if they were or not so did my due diligence there. I also tried putting the mod's INI in the root folder and within ENBSeries folder. Nothing. I tried 3 different options from the mod. Nothing. The grass moves for me with or without the move in the same manner. I never could get it to stick down like in the author's image. As for the user images on Nexus, well if that is all the mod is doing then it's barely noticeable and is more of a screen archer tool, imo.

e9213bca91b94e0eedfe99565609ceaa.jpg

Maybe someone should explain exactly what I'm looking for out of this mod because it's not obvious.

Yeah, you did say that, but I see that you have been doing a lot on the forums and working on patches, so seemed to me that you were back in action. Sort of like you post on nexus Bellyache's mod about not updating again and then adding the normals FOMOD option just two hours later :P

At any rate, this is what I mean:

image.png

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Yeah, you did say that, but I see that you have been doing a lot on the forums and working on patches, so seemed to me that you were back in action. Sort of like you post on nexus Bellyache's mod about not updating again and then adding the normals FOMOD option just two hours later :P

At any rate, this is what I mean:

image.png

Yeah, that's installed. I think I'm not positive of what the mod is supposed to do. 

That update was more to correct the info.xml. Since I had to update for that, I thought I might as well toss that option in. Lol

50 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, that's installed. I think I'm not positive of what the mod is supposed to do. 

That update was more to correct the info.xml. Since I had to update for that, I thought I might as well toss that option in. Lol

The only way I could test it was to tick off a wolf on the tundra and have him chase me. With the settings we have, you can see the wolf trampling down the grass as he runs after you. I did the same with the giant, but he had no impact I also had no impact in first person mode looking at my feet and behind me. The grass should leave a trail behind whatever trampled the grass for a short time.

The point is that it works consistently for all but PC and large creatures like mammoths, giants, and dragons in my XP. It's supposed to work fo rthe PC if you have shoes, but it didn't seem to work for me with the default shoes for the Prisoner.

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

The only way I could test it was to tick off a wolf on the tundra and have him chase me. With the settings we have, you can see the wolf trampling down the grass as he runs after you. I did the same with the giant, but he had no impact I also had no impact in first person mode looking at my feet and behind me. The grass should leave a trail behind whatever trampled the grass for a short time.

The point is that it works consistently for all but PC and large creatures like mammoths, giants, and dragons in my XP. It's supposed to work fo rthe PC if you have shoes, but it didn't seem to work for me with the default shoes for the Prisoner.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't doing that because I had a wolf chasing me as I seen your comments about it. The grass was moving and bouncing right back just like it did for my character, but that's no different from the behavior without the mod installed. I ran around the tundra and got no changes for me or NPC/animals. Trying with three different mod options. I don't see why you'd want the grass trampled, anyway, because grass doesn't behave like that. It might flatten right at your footprint, but not be trampled and stay in a line behind you as if dragging something heavy.

45 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, it definitely wasn't doing that because I had a wolf chasing me as I seen your comments about it. The grass was moving and bouncing right back just like it did for my character, but that's no different from the behavior without the mod installed. I ran around the tundra and got no changes for me or NPC/animals. Trying with three different mod options. I don't see why you'd want the grass trampled, anyway, because grass doesn't behave like that. It might flatten right at your footprint, but not be trampled and stay in a line behind you as if dragging something heavy.

It sounds like it was working for you then. The grass shouldn't move at all from a PC or NPC running on it otherwise. We could probably increase the decay setting to make is stay down longer ... or not.

The grass should at lease move in response to walking through it I think. For that reason, I think this mod is interesting. It doesn't really cost anything performance wise in my XP

30 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It sounds like it was working for you then. The grass shouldn't move at all from a PC or NPC running on it otherwise. We could probably increase the decay setting to make is stay down longer ... or not.

The grass should at lease move in response to walking through it I think. For that reason, I think this mod is interesting. It doesn't really cost anything performance wise in my XP

You are completely skipping over the point where I said it does that in the game with or without this mod for me. So in other words, there is no change.

27 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

You are completely skipping over the point where I said it does that in the game with or without this mod for me. So in other words, there is no change.

So when you disable ENB, you still see the grass respond to NPCs??