Removing ENB support later

When using ELFX - Exteriors Fixes, we have the option to use regular or ENB versions. If I choose the ENB version now and the performance test indicates that my system cannot handle ENB, will I be able to swap versions later? If similar options appear with other mods, will I be able to revert to non-ENB versions later (i.e., before 21-Post-Processing in STEP Guide 2.0.0)?

Yes, just go back to the mod in MO, right-click, and select "reinstall" with the other options. Then choose to "Replace" when prompted.

If it's an entirely separate download/mod, then disable (untick) the current mod, and install the other version. Then place it just before or after the disabled mod version leaving that one unticked.

51 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yes, just go back to the mod in MO, right-click, and select "reinstall" with the other options. Then choose to "Replace" when prompted.

If it's an entirely separate download/mod, then disable (untick) the current mod, and install the other version. Then place it just before or after the disabled mod version leaving that one unticked.

That's easy! Thanks.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

I always install both options as separate mods by naming it with "ENB Version" at the end. That way I can easily switch between them if necessary. 

THis is a good point. I was also doing this but got lazy a while back and haven't installed the non-ENB options again.

I've been doing much the same, but I add the Note column to the left pane and add a note with a background color with text like "ENB Version" and "non-ENB Version". It's a bit more of a pain than that adding "ENB Version" to the mod name, but these stand out in the left pane.

You can add your own categories to the filter with mod organizer 2. I often tag my own mods into categories so I can easily see a group of mods with a quick click. The background color options are great too, did not think of that. 

Edited by Eliian

6 hours ago, Eliian said:

You can add your own categories to the filter with mod organizer 2. I often tag my own mods into categories so I can easily see a group of mods with a quick click. The background color options are great too, did not think of that. 

I use separators rather than categories, but both work.