Pronesis

multiple Instances of Skyrim DynDoLOD confused

Question

I have 2 instances of modded Skyrim one is AE ver  the other SE 1.9.5 ver.  I use Mod Org 2 to keep them separate as diff Instances and at times I play both.  Trouble is I'm trying to use DynDoLOD and all goes well up to the point on the final step of running DynDOLOD x64 from Mod Org 2.  I can see its defaulting to the wrong path, using my 'AE' version.  I keep this in the recommended Steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition folder and also have a Skyrim Special Edition (2) folder for SE.   This protects me from naughty Bethesda updates. 

DynDOLOD log: 3rd line down

Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path:  lists the path of my AE version of the game so it bombs out with can't find DynDoLOD resources SE core files required.  My quesiton is can I add arguments to the executable to force it to look for my game in correct directory?

4 answers to this question

I'm using a setup very similar to yours, it works fine. For the non-standard not-in-Windows-registry location, you can use the -D command-line option:

-D:"x:\full\path\to\game\installation\folder\Data\"

So in your case for SE 1.5.x it would be:

-D:"x:\full\path\to\steam\library\folder\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition (2)\Data\"

(substitute x:\full\path\to\steam\library\folder by the appropriate value)

Here is my MO2 config for example:

image.png

Thanks! adding the suggested path with a slight correction specific to my system and it worked,  woohoo!    Looks Amazing