Problem with DynDOLOD. Anyone can help me?

Jalapenio1

Question

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Jalapenio1 said:

I am having a big trouble after install DynDOLOD. When I stay in Whiterun, the Gildergreen still have FAR textura mix with Gildergreen texture. I will show you a photo. Can you help me to fix it?

Here is the problem: https://imgur.com/a/RWu2FPD

Without concrete information like load order, used DynDOLOD version or logs, the FAQ answer explains why this typically happens and what to do about it:

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees show in child worlds / towns

A: This is a game engine limitation. A mod added trees into the same area in the parent world. Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue.

Or use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha, it should detect such trees and automatically generated LOD for them in object LOD.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Without concrete information like load order, used DynDOLOD version or logs, the FAQ answer explains why this typically happens and what to do about it:

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees show in child worlds / towns

A: This is a game engine limitation. A mod added trees into the same area in the parent world. Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue.

Or use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha, it should detect such trees and automatically generated LOD for them in object LOD.

I am using DynDOLOD 2.98 beta from here  

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Then the DynDOLOD 2.x FAQ answer I quoted above applies.

Thank you, but I dont understand this: Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue.

49 minutes ago, Jalapenio1 said:

Thank you, but I dont understand this: Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue.

What is "this" supposed to mean exactly? There are 3 distinct parts in that answer.

Read the explanations in the manual. Ask a specific question.

Can not help if there is zero effort whatsoever.

You should know which mod it is you have in your load order that is incompatible with how tree LOD works. Just open console and click the full tree in the parent worldspace (Tamriel) to find out the load order form id of the plugin or use More Informative Console.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

What is "this" supposed to mean exactly? There are 3 distinct parts in that answer.

Read the explanations in the manual. Ask a specific question.

Can not help if there is zero effort whatsoever.

You should know which mod it is you have in your load order that is incompatible with how tree LOD works. Just open console and click the full tree in the parent worldspace (Tamriel) to find out the load order form id of the plugin or use More Informative Console.

I use MIC, i realize that is WRTempleSanpling01, WRTempleTree01 and WRTempleTree02. But this texture, as you can see in image is buggy, I mean, i can cross it and is in that place even in new game.

On the other hand, that is what i can't understand: ''Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. ''

Thanks a lot for helping me!

53 minutes ago, Jalapenio1 said:

I use MIC, i realize that is WRTempleSanpling01, WRTempleTree01 and WRTempleTree02. But this texture, as you can see in image is buggy, I mean, i can cross it and is in that place even in new game.

On the other hand, that is what i can't understand: ''Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. ''

Thanks a lot for helping me!

I have no idea what "MIC" is.

If you do not understand the technical terms for people that have basic knowledge with CK/xEdit, follow the suggestion to read the manual "See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue."

Typically, there is no need to use a mod that adds a copy of the Gildergreen in the parent world. DynDOLOD already takes care of that. In that case it is best to not use the mod or use CK/xEdit to remove the unnecessary tree references from the Tamriel worldspace.

Or you can use the mesh rules from the explanations in the manual and set "Delete" instead  of "Enable" in case the full tree added by the mod to the Tamriel worldspace conflicts with the tree DynDOLOD copied to the parent worldspace automatically.

Best to use mods that have been made with LOD generation in mind to avoid these types of problems.

38 minutes ago, sheson said:

I have no idea what "MIC" is.

If you do not understand the technical terms for people that have basic knowledge with CK/xEdit, follow the suggestion to read the manual "See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue."

Typically, there is no need to use a mod that adds a copy of the Gildergreen in the parent world. DynDOLOD already takes care of that. In that case it is best to not use the mod or use CK/xEdit to remove the unnecessary tree references from the Tamriel worldspace.

Or you can use the mesh rules from the explanations in the manual and set "Delete" instead  of "Enable" in case the full tree added by the mod to the Tamriel worldspace conflicts with the tree DynDOLOD copied to the parent worldspace automatically.

Best to use mods that have been made with LOD generation in mind to avoid these types of problems.

MIC is More Informative Console and I am not using any mods with LOD generation, is just that Gildergreen texture is buggy due to DynDOLOD, just this in all game. And when I deactivate any Tree mod, it still appear

Edited by Jalapenio1

31 minutes ago, Jalapenio1 said:

MIC is More Informative Console and I am not using any mods with LOD generation, is just that Gildergreen texture is buggy due to DynDOLOD, just this in all game. And when I deactivate any Tree mod, it still appear

Start the game without DynDOLOD.
coc whiterun from main menu console.
tlc in console. Walk into the air over Whiterun staying in the Tamriel worldspace. Do not enter the city.

There should be a tree in there. Open console, click the tree to know which mod adds it.
Note its form ID to add mesh rules for it.

51 minutes ago, sheson said:

Start the game without DynDOLOD.
coc whiterun from main menu console.
tlc in console. Walk into the air over Whiterun staying in the Tamriel worldspace. Do not enter the city.

There should be a tree in there. Open console, click the tree to know which mod adds it.
Note its form ID to add mesh rules for it.

I did it, and is Leafeater Whiterun who add this tree. But the problem seems like DynDOLOD add other texture which is in the same place. I fi disable DynDOLOD, Gildergreen is not buggy, all is well. But when I activate again DynDOLOD, appear buggy texture.

Thanks for help friend.

47 minutes ago, Jalapenio1 said:

I did it, and is Leafeater Whiterun who add this tree. But the problem seems like DynDOLOD add other texture which is in the same place. I fi disable DynDOLOD, Gildergreen is not buggy, all is well. But when I activate again DynDOLOD, appear buggy texture.

Thanks for help friend.

You are using a mod that is incompatible with CK/xLODGen tree LOD generation. The FAQ explains that this is an engine limitation.

The FAQ points to different solutions how to work around this problem. The manual has more detailed explanations. in case of the gildergreen added by the mod to Tamriel it probably would be  best to use "Delete" instead of "Enable" for the mesh rule.

If you do not want to spend a few seconds adding a mesh rules in DynDOLOD or simply remove the tree reference(s) from the plugin but want to generate LOD with the plugin/mod active, use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha, which doesn't use xLODGen tree LOD generation anymore and so there should be no such problem anymore automatically.

If the tree LOD does not match the full model tree, install or create better billboards for the vanilla trees or for whatever tree mods you are using.
Or use TexGen from DynDOLOD 3 Alpha that generates all required billboards for the load order. No 3rd party billboards should be installed with that version.

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

You are using a mod that is incompatible with CK/xLODGen tree LOD generation. The FAQ explains that this is an engine limitation.

The FAQ points to different solutions how to work around this problem. The manual has more detailed explanations. in case of the gildergreen added by the mod to Tamriel it probably would be  best to use "Delete" instead of "Enable" for the mesh rule.

If you do not want to spend a few seconds adding a mesh rules in DynDOLOD or simply remove the tree reference(s) from the plugin but what to geernate LOD with the plugin/mod active, use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha, which doesn't use xLODGen tree LOD generation anymore.

If the tree LOD does not match the full model tree, install or create better billboards for the vanilla trees or for whatever tree mods you are using.
Or use TexGen from DynDOLOD 3 Alpha that generates all required billboards for the load order. No 3rd party billboards should be installed with that version.

Its too difficult for me this infomormation. First of all, because I install DynDOLOD by Youtube video, and all explanations about billboards, generation LODS and etc. are so difficult to me. I am trying to understand, but my mother tongue is not english, and I only want this buggy texture out, and keep all things instead of this buggy textur mix with Gildergreen real.

I unistall Leafeater Whiterun Overhaul, due to is the mod who appears when I play without DynDOLOD, and the problem still persist when I play with DynDOLOD activate. 

Thanks friends!

47 minutes ago, Jalapenio1 said:

Its too difficult for me this infomormation. First of all, because I install DynDOLOD by Youtube video, and all explanations about billboards, generation LODS and etc. are so difficult to me. I am trying to understand, but my mother tongue is not english, and I only want this buggy texture out, and keep all things instead of this buggy textur mix with Gildergreen real.

I unistall Leafeater Whiterun Overhaul, due to is the mod who appears when I play without DynDOLOD, and the problem still persist when I play with DynDOLOD activate. 

Thanks friends!

Now the interesting part is that the mod sets the enable parent as explained in the FAQ/manual for all other trees to avoid the bug but the gilder green it adds to Tamriel.

Though as mentioned it is better to remove the tree altogether. It is pretty straight forward and easy to do. For example:

Start DynDOLOD.

Click to Advanced.

Right click the Mesh Mask/Reference listing anywhere above the last "/" rule.

Insert.

Mesh mask / FID = LeafeatersWhiterunTreesOverhaul.esp;0000441E
LOD4, LOD8, LOD16 = set to empty
VWD = Checked
Grid = empty
Reference = Delete

Generate LOD as usual. Install output as a mod as usual.

OR

Load LeafeatersWhiterunTreesOverhaul.esp in xEdit

Type xx00441E into the form ID field top left and hit enter. xx = load order id of the plugin in xEdit.

In the left tree view right click the highlighted entry xx00441E Placed Object TreeWRTTemple01 [TREE:00023611]

Remove. Say yes to whatever might pop up.

Close xEdit to save the plugin.

Generate LOD as usual. Install output as a mod as usual.

57 minutes ago, sheson said:

Now the interesting part is that the mod sets the enable parent as explained in the FAQ/manual for all other trees to avoid the bug but the gilder green it adds to Tamriel.

Though as mentioned it is better to remove the tree altogether. It is pretty straight forward and easy to do. For example:

Start DynDOLOD.

Click to Advanced.

Right click the Mesh Mask/Reference listing anywhere above the last "/" rule.

Insert.

Mesh mask / FID = LeafeatersWhiterunTreesOverhaul.esp;0000441E
LOD4, LOD8, LOD16 = set to empty
VWD = Checked
Grid = empty
Reference = Delete

Generate LOD as usual. Install output as a mod as usual.

OR

Load LeafeatersWhiterunTreesOverhaul.esp in xEdit

Type xx00441E into the form ID field top left and hit enter. xx = load order id of the plugin in xEdit.

In the left tree view right click the highlighted entry xx00441E Placed Object TreeWRTTemple01 [TREE:00023611]

Remove. Say yes to whatever might pop up.

Close xEdit to save the plugin.

Generate LOD as usual. Install output as a mod as usual.

And for generate LOD as usual I must open DynDOLOD, and start all the process again?