PapyrusEssembler.exe Application Error when trying to compile scripts

Whenever I hit Compile, I only get an error saying:

papyrusAssembler.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application

1945291116_Screenshot(60).thumb.png.042b0cf115a1bc99a61535296b16baea.png

And then a second error box:

Papyrus Compiler Version 2.8.0.4 for Fallout 4
Copyright (C) ZeniMax Media. All rights reserved.
Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "Fragments:Quests:QF_BoS302_000B9F9D"...
No output generated for Fragments:Quests:QF_BoS302_000B9F9D, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on Fragments:Quests:QF_BoS302_000B9F9D

1056008088_Screenshot(59).thumb.png.81cce643ffd7cc36687aa2860f872dac.png

Ive been stuck with these errors for days now. I have tried everything I could find but I cannot find the solution. Please help.

Thanks, and sorry for the really late reply. I got quite frustrated after posting.

I tried doing what is done in the post mentioned, but sadly did not fix the error :(

On 4/18/2022 at 2:50 PM, z929669 said:

My first thought is Win 'protection'.

Try adding an exclusion to Windows Security; See this post for details.

If that doesn't change things, then I have no idea other than standard troubleshooting via Event Viewer.

Thanks, and sorry for the really late reply. I got quite frustrated after posting.

I tried doing what is done in the post mentioned, but sadly did not fix the error :(

On 4/18/2022 at 5:50 PM, DoubleYou said:

Did you extract the base gsme scripts.zip?

Hey! Sorry for the really late reply

Yes, I double checked and the scripts is extracted

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Thank you for replying!

Ive reinstalled but still the same.

I have an question tho. Whenever you go to your Papyrus folder , and run PapyrusCompiler.exe what happens? Does it run anything? What about PapyrusAssembler.exe?

Whenever I try to just run PapyrusAssembler.exe I get that error message in the main post, and if I run PapyrusCompiler.exe it just opens for 1 sec then closes again. 

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Ive also noticed this when I open the ScriptCompile.bat file:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler>"C:\Projects\Fallout4\Build\PC\Papyrus compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe"  -f="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Projects\Fallout4\Build\Source\Scripts" -o="C:\Projects\Fallout4\Build\PC\Data\Scripts"
The system cannot find the path specified.

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

The location where its pointing at is incorrect.

When I run the same command with the correct folder location,  the script runs. May this also be the reason why im getting the error?

If so, how do I change this so that the correct command runs?

Im not sure if this is even revelant, im just throwing it out there since im quite new to CK ect.

Thanks!

Those bat files look like internal Bethesda bat files, and shouldn't relate to us. If you're savy with the command prompt, try executing...

papyrusassembler -?

and see what it does. 

If you don't know how to navigate to the directory, you can use the full path in the command prompt like this:

"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusAssembler.exe" -?

If this is returning the same error, it is likely your Creation Kit installation is corrupt somehow, in which case I would uninstall and reinstall.

image.png

47 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Those bat files look like internal Bethesda bat files, and shouldn't relate to us. If you're savy with the command prompt, try executing...

papyrusassembler -?

and see what it does. 

If you don't know how to navigate to the directory, you can use the full path in the command prompt like this:

"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusAssembler.exe" -?

If this is returning the same error, it is likely your Creation Kit installation is corrupt somehow, in which case I would uninstall and reinstall.

image.png

This is interesting. So yes whenever I execute the above command prompt path, I get the same error as before. So the problem definitely is with the PapyrusAssembler.exe. 

I have now completely removed and reinstalled CK to see if there is any difference when running the same command again, but same results unfortunately. 

Something I have noticed is the difference in the versions. I see your Assembler version is 2.7.0.2. Is your Assembler and Compiler the same version? I can only see my Compiler version, which is 2.8.0.4. Could this maybe be an compatibility issue with the specific version and Win 11?

Thanks for the help so far!

I also have Papyrus Assembler 2.7.0.2 and Papyrus Compiler 2.8.0.4 for Fallout 4. It looks as if Papyrus Assembler is a native C++ application that has options to disassemble, assemble or analyze scripts whereas Papyrus Compiler is a .NET Framework application used to compile scripts.

1 hour ago, TrippyPanda said:

This is interesting. So yes whenever I execute the above command prompt path, I get the same error as before. So the problem definitely is with the PapyrusAssembler.exe. 

I have now completely removed and reinstalled CK to see if there is any difference when running the same command again, but same results unfortunately. 

Something I have noticed is the difference in the versions. I see your Assembler version is 2.7.0.2. Is your Assembler and Compiler the same version? I can only see my Compiler version, which is 2.8.0.4. Could this maybe be an compatibility issue with the specific version and Win 11?

Thanks for the help so far!

The Assembler and Compiler are two different applications with different versions, which is normal. You could try and check the Windows Event Log. It might have more information that will help identify the exception. I still think it sounds like a missing c++ redistributable. Make sure you install both the x86 and x64 redistributables for 2012, even if your machine is 64-bit, not all applications are. The game pre-bundles these installers in Fallout 4\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012

7 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

The Assembler and Compiler are two different applications with different versions, which is normal. You could try and check the Windows Event Log. It might have more information that will help identify the exception. I still think it sounds like a missing c++ redistributable. Make sure you install both the x86 and x64 redistributables for 2012, even if your machine is 64-bit, not all applications are. The game pre-bundles these installers in Fallout 4\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012

Alright so I went forward and uninstalled and reinstalled both the x86 and x64 redist 2012 ( which I got from the folder mentioned above) . I have also uninstalled all redist packages that I had installed, restarted my PC and installed all of them again, but sadly no changes.

This is the packages I have installed at the moment:

787576271_Screenshot(62).thumb.png.00618d7600b41143767836f0ed2986af.png

I also made sure that the .Net Framework is installed and active (3.5.Net Framework ) 

At this point I feel like the only thing I can do is either an Windows repair or an fresh install of Windows, unless you might have another option that I could try?

7 hours ago, Greg said:

I also have Papyrus Assembler 2.7.0.2 and Papyrus Compiler 2.8.0.4 for Fallout 4. It looks as if Papyrus Assembler is a native C++ application that has options to disassemble, assemble or analyze scripts whereas Papyrus Compiler is a .NET Framework application used to compile scripts.

Ah noted, thanks!

Which .NET Framework package and redist package do you have installed? 

Did you install both the x86 and x64 versions for the C++ runtime? It may be worth a shot because it looks as if this is still an x86 application.

I doubt you have an issue with the .NET Framework because one of your screenshots shows PapyrusCompiler.exe is running. If you had an issue with .NET Framework, that second screenshot in original post wouldn't be showing "Papyrus Compiler version blah blah" and no output generated.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Did you install both the x86 and x64 versions for the C++ runtime? It may be worth a shot because it looks as if this is still an x86 application.

I doubt you have an issue with the .NET Framework because one of your screenshots shows PapyrusCompiler.exe is running. If you had an issue with .NET Framework, that second screenshot in original post wouldn't be showing "Papyrus Compiler version blah blah" and no output generated.

Yeah as in my previous reply above, I have both x86 and x64 C++ runtimes installed. I basically installed all of the ones I could find ( as well as ones which tends to fix the error ) but had no luck with it unfortunately. 

Or am I understanding you wrong?