Creation Club mods aren't loaded properly when managed in MO2

mo_sharky

Question

In the attached image, the CC mods that are disabled there are not loading properly. I placed them into MO2 as opposed to having them in my Skyrim installation, but MO2 just can't manage them I guess. The mods aren't loaded into the game, and when I quit the game, the mods become disabled again. Is this an issue with MO2 or my installation of those mods?

image.thumb.png.fc9002741f2bbca0b1a69d46842ff0be.png

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mo_sharky said:

In the attached image, the CC mods that are disabled there are not loading properly. I placed them into MO2 as opposed to having them in my Skyrim installation, but MO2 just can't manage them I guess. The mods aren't loaded into the game, and when I quit the game, the mods become disabled again. Is this an issue with MO2 or my installation of those mods?

image.thumb.png.fc9002741f2bbca0b1a69d46842ff0be.png

Leave the vanilla masters (including all DLC) in the Skyrim Special Edition\Data directory. Do not move them from there. Only let MO manage them if you are cleaning them. See this for instructions

The disabling of mods is usually associated with write permissions. Mod Organizer constantly updates the plugins.txt, modlist.txt, loadorder.txt and its own Ini files.

What version of MO2 are you using, and I would also have to ask where is MO2 and the game installed?

The Steam library should be installed outside of the Windows Program Files directories, something like c:\ SteamLibrary, and MO2 should be install in its own directory away from the game’s directory and the Programs Files directories like C:\MO2.

If you are setup like this, then I would make sure that the plugins.txt for the active profile is not write protected.