Any Executable Crashes MO2

UnqualifiedKoala

Question

I had a great list going for SSE I would even go as far as to say my magnum opus. I started building off of an SMEFT profile everything was going great until I ran matorsmash one time and now any executable from any instance of MO2 crashes the program. I've been trying to find similar threads, but the few that I have found end with the helper asking for a log and never getting a response from OP. So here's the log straight away: https://pastebin.com/zYNCdk8N

3 answers to this question

Your log doesn't show anything interesting. It doesn't even show that an executable is being launched by MO2. It just shows the MO2 startup sequence.

Sometimes MO2 "crashes" but only in appearance: the UI disappears while the ModOrganizer.exe process continues to run in the background. This causes further issues if you're not aware of it and launch another MO process thinking the first one crashed.

Check in Windows Task Manager if you don't have stray ModOrganizer.exe processes still running. Kill them if there are any.

Other than that, no idea. In my experience, MO seems to become more unstable and crash-prone as the number of mods and plugins increase. When it crashes for me, it crashes when the launched executable terminates and control returns to MO2, never when launching an executable. At the point where the UI should "unlock", it just goes "poof".

• +1 1