sheson

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 95

Whenever I run DYNDOLOD with WACCF enabled, I get an error about Unresolved Form ID's and it closes the executable. The only things I can find tell me its something the author of the mod needs to fix, but I can't find anything else on the web even mentioning it as a problem, which is leading me to think -I- have somehow messed this up. Running the mod through xEdits QuickAutoClean also doesn't seem to fix it. Does this mod need an update to work with DYNDOLOD or am I missing something? Has anyone else run into issues using the mod, because I can't seem to find any other instances of trouble when I search online.

7 hours ago, Dez756 said:

Here's my Papyrus log with debug=true.  I don't see entries in the Papyrus log exactly like the example in ReadMe.  I tried to search for the Form ID of the last entry referencing DynDOLOD ([06/29/2022 - 03:54:57PM] [SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject < (BE028E70)>] [SHESON_DynDOLOD_Firstborn < (BE028E5A)>] Enable #2 [Form < (20004052)>] using dyndolod\lod\effects\fxfirewithembers01_dyndolod_lod.nif TRUE False TRUE) but SSEEdit doesn't seem to find anything (although I'm not sure I'm looking in the right spot - I've used SSEEdit for some things like cleaning, adding keywords or heel sounds but never searched for Form IDs).  See screen shot for the results of filter for BE028E70.  

I note that the entries in the log in the last second all seem to concern Creature Framework.  To test whether that was somehow involved, I removed CF and all associated mods and traveled (on a new game) to the same Riften Gate.  Still CTD'd.  Again, though this mod and its associates have been in my load order for literally years!

It's so weird that this seems to be the only place it CTDs as I had traveled to most of the other cities before I ran across this problem at Riften.

I'm sure this is getting frustrating for you!  Should I start (dread) removing mods and running everything (Xlodgen, TexGen, DynDOLOD) again? 

Screenshot 2022-06-29 163134.png

Papyrus.0.log 383.58 kB · 0 downloads

Since the debug message from DynDOLOD is 9 seconds before the crash, it is not caused by any of the dynamic LOD objects.

When entering form IDs into the field top left you need to adjust the first two digits to the actual ID a plugin has in xEdit, e.g. 19 in case of the screenshot.

The next step would be to selective remove records from DynDOLOD.esp in a binary search in order to only keep record in the plugins that causes the problem.

1) Make a backup of DynDOLOD.esp
2) Load DynDOLOD.esp in xEdit and remove half records
3) Test if game still CTDs
4) if it crashes start from step 1) If it doesn't crash, restore backup and  continue with step 2) removing the other half of records which are not causing the crash.

Only remove records from [+] Worldspace
First time, remove all worldspaces that are not Tamriel as we expect the error to be in there only.
Second time, remove all Blocks and keepo the 0000D74 Cell persistent worldspace cell. If the crash is a record in the persistent cell, remove all overwrites first (they are listed at the top). If it is one of the overwrites, restore from back, remove all other records. Then do the loop by removing half the overwrites until only the problematic record remains. Otherwise , continue by removing about half the references that do not start with Tamriel_*, e.g remove the reference that start with a pluginname.
If the crash happens in the Blocks, do the loop removing about half the Blocks until only on Block remains, then Sub-Blocks until only one Sub-Block remains, then cells until only one cell remains, then references until only one reference remains. If you are down to the last reference, remove it too to see if it might be actually the cell record.

8 hours ago, Vadnais said:

Whenever I run DYNDOLOD with WACCF enabled, I get an error about Unresolved Form ID's and it closes the executable. The only things I can find tell me its something the author of the mod needs to fix, but I can't find anything else on the web even mentioning it as a problem, which is leading me to think -I- have somehow messed this up. Running the mod through xEdits QuickAutoClean also doesn't seem to fix it. Does this mod need an update to work with DYNDOLOD or am I missing something? Has anyone else run into issues using the mod, because I can't seem to find any other instances of trouble when I search online.

I moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which log, debug log to upload.

If there is a message window, use the "Copy this message to clipboard" link of the message to copy paste the text of the message when making a post.

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open and read https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID

dyndolod doesn't finish for me when launched and keeps exiting out/crashing wihtout any warning

Edited by jimmywon34

9 hours ago, sheson said:

I moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which log, debug log to upload.

If there is a message window, use the "Copy this message to clipboard" link of the message to copy paste the text of the message when making a post.

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open and read https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID

Here is the message I get from DYNDOLOD when I try to run the program.
"

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [8A2C4C0D]

[Content]
Error in Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp 1stPersonOrcishBow [STAT:0003417C]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

FIX THE ERROR as explained in the help OR PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE BROKEN PLUGIN.
Ignore wrong "advice" to only temporarily disable plugins.
Do not try to circumvent the error message, FIX THE ERROR instead.
This is not a DynDOLOD error. DynDOLOD is not crashing.
There is an unresolved error in the mentioned plugin that needs to be fixed.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard"

I got it figured out now, thank you. All of the Orcish weapons in WACCF had some sort of bad edit keeping DYNDOLOD from running. I'll reach out to the author and offer mine for an update, or if I don't get a response i'll just post it up myself so people wont have to go through all those records.