Unable To Adjust Fade Setttings

i25Island

Question

OK, so I haven't messed around with this mod in about a year because this happened last time I tried to use it. For some reason, and I'm not saying it's BethINI's fault, but for the second time after downloading the mod and running through the quick steps to set it up, I am unable to adjust the settings in the display menu of the system menu in game. I can't adjust those settings in BethINI either. I can't exactly tell if this issue is affecting all settings, but it's blatantly clear when the draw distance settings are all the way up with DynDOLOD and XLODGen. I have a very good system but it can't handle Ultra fade settings when everything else is cranked to high in 4K with 4K textures and the mods mentioned above as well as an ENB. Please help me. I just reinstalled the game and all mods and it still  didn't work. 

2 answers to this question

Which fade settings are you trying to adjust? If grass fade or light fade, you cannot fully adjust these in game since the game does not fully support the relevant settings. Actor fade, object fade, item fade should be able to be changed in game to obvious effect. If you have your ini files set to read only, you will not be able to set these settings in game. If the INI files are in a UAC controlled folder, that will also prevent modification. Install location of Mod Organizer itself doesn't matter, but it is not recommended to have the mods folder on a different drive from the game folder. Paths can be redirected in Mod Organizer Settings. Steam supports moving the game folder to alternate locations as well, so you can move both off your slow C drive. Mod Organizer itself can be on the C drive if desired, but the game file paths should be redirected to be on the same drive as the game if doing so. 

It is recommended to follow the System Setup Guide to set up everything correctly.

I have  a portable instance of Skyrim because of issues with windows being on a slower drive with little capacity. I believe this is the issue since the  drop down where the mo2 path is chosen shows MO2's main install instance on my C drive, not the G drive where skyrim is at. What do I do? I can't really fit the game and all of it's mods on my c drive nor would i want to given how slow it is.  Again sorry I guess I ran out of time to edit or delete the other "question" I posted.