Modding SSE 1.6.xxx Without The Anniversary Upgrade

Starting this topic for user-to-user support for modding current SSE 1.6.xxx for those without the Anniversary Upgrade.

Step does not support any game version other than the full game with all optional DLC. This applies to all of our official guides, as always.

To use the latest Step SSE guide (for Skyrim Anniversary Edition), the Anniversary Upgrade DLC is required (official Creation Club DLC). This only costs $20 and is well worth it just to remain compatible with relevant/contemporary mods of today and in the future.

... take it away folks.

Also, please let us know why you don't want the Anniversary Upgrade.

• 7 months later...

Well,

althouth it's my 1st post here, but I own AE on Steam, and frankly, most of the content is a bit shallow. For example most missions are simple "got there, kill someone or something" or the designs of most alternative armors is just a bit of the nordic theme Skyrim is using. So I personally use now the SE Version from gog, since I don't intend to play most of the creations anyway. I am a bit courios why only AE is considered a full version, since SE has the same base content.

It would be awesome, if both would be official supported.

1 hour ago, xcom92 said:

Well,

althouth it's my 1st post here, but I own AE on Steam, and frankly, most of the content is a bit shallow. For example most missions are simple "got there, kill someone or something" or the designs of most alternative armors is just a bit of the nordic theme Skyrim is using. So I personally use now the SE Version from gog, since I don't intend to play most of the creations anyway. I am a bit courios why only AE is considered a full version, since SE has the same base content.

It would be awesome, if both would be official supported.

Like Hearthfires, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn, the Anniversary Upgrade is an official DLC and part of the full game. All of what you say can be said about many elements of the base game and hundreds of mods.

Step does not support GOG. Step also does not support various flavors of any one game. We choose the most comprehensive flavor of a game accessible to everyone and support that and only that. It's too much variation and patch work to support dozens of flavors of one game, which is what you have when any combination of DLC are used (or none at all).

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Like Hearthfires, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn, the Anniversary Upgrade is an official DLC and part of the full game. All of what you say can be said about many elements of the base game and hundreds of mods.

Step does not support GOG. Step also does not support various flavors of any one game. We choose the most comprehensive flavor of a game accessible to everyone and support that and only that. It's too much variation and patch work to support dozens of flavors of one game, which is what you have when any combination of DLC are used (or none at all).

Ok, pardon the question but what is the difference between GOG and Steam Versions, basically they are the same games and SKSE and every other tool can be configured working with the GOG directories. Is there some other difference between those two? (ok the documentation stuff, but are there technical differences?)

Concerning the SE/AE controversy, that's sad, but I agree with you about that being  a lot of additional work. But you said let us know why you didn't get AE :P