Mod Suggestions for SR - Post in STEP Mods Forum

ICE OF SKYRIM:

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3030

That one has actually been around since December 2011 (a month after Skyrim was first released) and I still think it has the best looking icicles. I've tried some of the icefloe and glacier meshes/textures in that mod and they're ok, but I prefer Real Ice All-In-One and SRO for those. I just use it for the icicles only.

Here are some examples (comparing Skyrim Revisited Default and SR with Ice of Skyrim):

https://imgur.com/a/ke4vi#3

It conflicts with meshes/textures in a few mods, but just load this after those conflicting mods. I put mine after WATER in MO  Installed Mods. These are the only files I install:

\meshes\landcape\ice\

iciclebigclump.nif

iciclebigsingle01.nif

iciclebigstrip.nif

iciclesmallclump.nif

iciclesmallsingle.nif

iciclethinstrip.nif

\textures\landscape\

icicle.dds

icicle_n.dds

icicleparallax.dds

Okay I have tested out dragon combat overhaul now and it works nicely and does what it says. Really makes dragon combat more interesting.

There are a few bugs due to the nature of how the author has made the scripts, but it is nothing compared to bugs caused by the ragdolls mod.

(Mammoth flying 500m up in the air is not normal after you kill it! )

But even though the mod author is quite mad then the mod itself is quite lore friendly and definitely worth checking out.

Also was checking out the mature skin texture but dropped the idea again because of all the little changes that it would require in the SR setup.

So for now I will have to make due with the beautiful ladies that I have now!

I'm going to try DCO as it is looking very cool but some of the hardcore mods I am testing are making even getting to a dragon fight a far in the future thing. The mature skin mod installs really easy place it after "all in one" the "no more blocky faces" you will need to do the same thing to the face part for vampires as you do with all in one. It doesn't remove everything from that but I do like the results. The girls actually look as though they can hold their own whilst still being eye candy (of a sort).

Yay spendt all day learning every detail of those pesky body overhauls! And that body texture is by far superior to the base one used in SR with minimal fuss to install! I can also recommend it... although I would personally use the optional mole less face texture... since after a while you get annoyed that everyone has the exact same moles in the face as you! There are plenty of nice optional body textures as well! But since there are not that many skimpy armors in the SR selection then it does not really matter all that much.

In other mods I personally removed the Enhanced Projectile Soul Trap and Acquisitive Soul Gems and replaced them with Empowered magic instead as it already has the features those mods add built in. Also I really like that it keeps vanilla perk trees and spells for the most part. Only changes are balance changes to make magic more fun and less broken! I can highly recommend it!

In general those two mods have bothered me since day one...Also removed a few other mods since I just did not think they added anything to the game or was worth the trouble. 

Destructible bottles (In 50 play tests I never smashed a single bottle! And when I finally did, the single breaking glass sound was just not authentic or realistic in most locations), more village animals (I just have too much stuff in Riverwood and this solved my persistent CTD there. Also with AV then this mod is major resource hog! ), roosters at dawn, lantern caretakers (These two... Specific place, at a specific time and minimal immersion anyways imo.) 

Mature Skin texture looks really interesting, actually. I'm wondering if Neovalen would provide comparision screenshots. Anyway, I've been thinking how that would slot into the guide. And here's what I'm thinking:

• Remove Fitness Body. It was designed for the base UNP textures, and it wouldn't really do much when used with the Mature skin texture.
  • Remove All-In-One-Face. Not really that relevant with this mod (it provides facial textures for females), and most, if not all of it can be covered by other mods.
  • Add in Mature Skin Texture (obviously). I'd imagine it would go right where All-In-One face is. Both the body and face textures and the normal map should be installed, and the tweak for normal-appearing vampires should be applied to the facial textures, excluding the skin, which should be applied to No More Ugly Bronze Shine instead.
  • Right before Better Males, add No More Blocky Faces. This would provide the facial normal maps for the females. (males would get the Better Males normals as a result of the mod order) The normal-vampire tweak should also be applied here, but to the femalehead normal map only.
  • As a result of using Mature Skin Texture, I don't think the textures from the base UNP body are really needed anymore, and they can be skipped. The body texture update can be skipped as well. The base body only provides specular maps - are those better than the blessed body ones?
  • It would also be a good thing to have instructions for using UNP Texture Blender to remove seams. It appears to work with Mod Organizer (I arleady tried it out), you just have to create a dummy textures/meshes folder for it to properly install.

Yea, it's going to rework the guide quite a bit, but I think it's going to be worth the changes.

I currently use it and yes fitness body is redundant. I place no more blocky faces after All in one and then Mature skins. The other mods all provide useful files as regards other races and various features not provided by Mature Skins. Dimnonized UNP provides hands textures and meshes including 1st person that are a useful fix. So the only change is to add these two after All in one and remove fitness body. I am currently using a female character and will get around to posting some screenies.

I have had no need to use the textures blender because the skins provided by this mod are seamless together no issues at all.

Yeah I do not have any seams either when installing mature skin after all in one face. I also think it is worth keeping it for the extra race specific normal maps etc, since they are really some of the best around.

I was considering to remove fitness body, but it looks nice with the skin, but I guess that is just personal taste.

But in general I agree that it is good to have a guide to explain it since the body replacer mods are quite the jungle of options and whatnot...

Screens as promised.

:thumbsup:

EDIT I don know why but only a few of the images I post ever show up from dropbox. All of them show in the post as I edit but only half after posting. Oh well here is the link to my full skyrim file on dropbox and obviously the pics at the bottom. LINK

I'll take some in better light when I get home.

After looking some more, I think that having the normals and extras from All-In-One Face, but overwriting it with the Mature textures would be the best option. Neovalen once compared XCE against AIO, and AIO (with the XCE warpaints and additions) won out. No More Blocky Faces uses the same textures as XCE, so... it's not needed that much (Better Males covers the normal maps for the males, and AIO covers the females). The main body should be kept for the hands, but Fitness Body can be removed with Mature Skin overwriting it completely.

The reason why I suggested the UNP Texture Blender was just in case some textures had seams with the body. I'd personally use it just in case there something that causes seams in the body, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Differing opinions are what make the world an interesting place, if it wasn't for that we would never have come down from the trees in the first place - some would contend that it was a bad move on our part.

Personally I tend to avoid new software unless I have to learn it, I've used CBBE's blender in the past but haven't looked at the UNP version - you are most likely correct, I'm just lazy.

;)

I've added immersive armors to SR, I'm using RLO and CoT at present for lighting. The shots for most of the pics also have skyrealism ENB vibrant setting which works really well with RLO. Not currently using an ENB in the skin shots but will probably try some out again soon using the ENB manager and changer as soon as I have the time.

The skin shots have her wearing Barbarian armor so as to show as much skin as poss without posting nude shots.

After looking some more, I think that having the normals and extras from All-In-One Face, but overwriting it with the Mature textures would be the best option. Neovalen once compared XCE against AIO, and AIO (with the XCE warpaints and additions) won out. No More Blocky Faces uses the same textures as XCE, so... it's not needed that much (Better Males covers the normal maps for the males, and AIO covers the females). The main body should be kept for the hands, but Fitness Body can be removed with Mature Skin overwriting it completely.

The reason why I suggested the UNP Texture Blender was just in case some textures had seams with the body. I'd personally use it just in case there something that causes seams in the body, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I'm trying it without "No more Blocky Faces". If AIO already has the correct normals then there is no point in it as you say it was voted out before via XCE.