Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Lite (by Stingray1995, cloudedtruth, and Skylover264)

DoubleYou

Discussion topic:
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Lite by Stingray1995, cloudedtruth, and Skylover264
Wiki Link

See Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Update and MCM and Relationship Dialogue Overhaul topics. It is proposed to use this as a replacement for the full version due to feature creep and a crashing bug in RDO with the Traveling Noble encounter quest.

Accepted for v2.0.0.

19 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I vote to include this one in place of RDO, since RDO is dropped. This seems to mainly be a cleanout of everything to do with the added follower. No loss there.

RDO has not yet been dropped, I just removed from testing the buggy MCM variation. However, I know that @Mousetick has @Eliian has tested this mod and have given it their support, as well as some other guys I know, so while having not personally tested this variation, I feel safe in voting for it to replace RDO.

I've been using this in my current playthrough (based on a modified STEP 2.0 build), so far so good after ~200 hours.

Overlaps/conflicts with:

• Guard Dialogue Overhaul: I let GDO override it, as sorted by LOOT.
  • TCIY: LOOT sorts correctly so TCIY wins as it should.
  • USSEP: Like the original RDO, this mod uses the vanilla capitalization of words in the spoken lines rather than USSEP's. I don't bother to patch those.
  • Hunters not Bandits: Keep using the version compatible with RDO.
  • ASLAL, AI Overhaul: One or two conflicts here and there in the dialogue conditions with very minor differences. I patched some of them but it's entirely subjective.

I've also been using and I'd recommend these dialogue tweak mods which complement or refine RDO and TCIY:

Last, I've been using Barely Used Vanilla Actors Recycle Project Special Edition Revamped (by AndrealphusVIII) which can be considered as an alternative to RDO's added NPCs and followers. This takes a different approach, by reusing existing vanilla NPCs and in doing so is simpler, more compatible and better integrated into the vanilla stories and world. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mousetick said:

I've been using this in my current playthrough (based on a modified STEP 2.0 build), so far so good after ~200 hours.

Overlaps/conflicts with:

• USSEP: Like the original RDO, this mod uses the vanilla capitalization of words in the spoken lines rather than USSEP's. I don't bother to patch those.
  • ASLAL, AI Overhaul: One or two conflicts here and there in the dialogue conditions with very minor differences. I patched some of them but it's entirely subjective.

I've also been using and I'd recommend these dialogue tweak mods which complement or refine RDO and TCIY:

Last, I've been using Barely Used Vanilla Actors Recycle Project Special Edition Revamped (by AndrealphusVIII) which can be considered as an alternative to RDO's added NPCs and followers. This takes a different approach, by reusing existing vanilla NPCs and in doing so is simpler, more compatible and better integrated into the vanilla stories and world. 

This sounds like good advice to me. I advocate setting this up and testing

I use RDO but my own tweaked version.

RDO do a lot of things better than USSP.

For example USSP do a dirty edit in DialogueFollower.psc to solve a Dialogue issue about Mjoll, while RDO solves it in a natural way using dialogue conditions.

There is also a conflict about a change done DLC2 Dragonborn in one of the College of Winterhold students. The approach of RDO is better.

One thing to take in account is to tweak Default Idle dialogues to let them less frequent. Example of that "Lydia asking you if you are married", a young eager voice complaining frequently about finding her hero (should the player?!) or asking you if you have something special for a women to wear. I have almost zeroed the probability to get these kind of comments in my game.

On 3/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, Mousetick said:

Overlaps/conflicts with:

*sigh* Yeah thanks Mousetick... just when I got my load order down to below 400, you chime in with these mods I never knew I needed... ;)

28 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

*sigh* Yeah thanks Mousetick... just when I got my load order down to below 400, you chime in with these mods I never knew I needed...

Except for More Dialogue Options and BUVARP SE RE, they're lightweight script-less small tweaks. Unfortunately some of them (Quiet Arcadia, Shut Up Brynjolf, Windhelm Segregation) are regular, not "light" plugins, so you'll need to ESLify them to fit in your load order, but it's safe to do so.

A couple more of the "shut-up, don't interrupt me" kind:

:wink: