3d and 2d tree lods setup

Ricemachine88

Question

If I want to set up lods for two tree mods, one 2d, the other 3d. Do I have to first run dyndolod for the 2d billboards, then once thats done, change the dyndolod ini to treeLod=0, then run dyndolod again? Im using Tree Addon se and HappyLittleTrees 3d billboards

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Ricemachine88 said:

If I want to set up lods for two tree mods, one 2d, the other 3d. Do I have to first run dyndolod for the 2d billboards, then once thats done, change the dyndolod ini to treeLod=0, then run dyndolod again? Im using Tree Addon se and HappyLittleTrees 3d billboards

Please read the DynDOLOD documentation for all answers.

As explained in the documentation, there is no reason to use the treeLod= INI setting under DynDOLOD 3. It's all handled in the GUI. If you are using DynDOLOD 2, then you do need to fuss more with the INI settings.

You only need to run TexGen when your mod list changes. This can be used for multiple outputs. Install DynDOLOD outputs into separate mods and activate them independently.

7 hours ago, Ricemachine88 said:

Assuming you are using DynDOLOD 2.x

There is really no point trying to mix standard tree LOD with trees done in object LOD = ultra tree LOD. Trees done in object LOD can either have 3D tree LOD model or billboards. The higher object LOD levels typically use billboards anyways.

Simply generate ultra tree LOD and set the mesh mask rules as desired as explained in the manual ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

It has examples how to specifically set Billboard for a tree in LOD Level 4 in case it has a 3D LOD model but you want it to use a billboard instead.

The same principles apply to DynDOLOD 3 Alpha of course. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD