Ricemachine88

Initial LOD generation with custom mod list (not in STEP)

Posted (edited)

So I'm using my own list of mods. And I need to set up xLODGen and DynDOLOD. I'm working down the list of STEP's for set up and I'm at part 5. I've already tested my setup in game and everything looks/works perfect ingame, in xedit, LOOT, BethINI, etc. But Since I'm not using Cathedral Landscapes, I'm not sure what mods to use for my xLODGen and DynDOLOD and texGen lod generation. This is my Modlist (see files attached). FYI I do have Terrain Tamriel .

Screenshot 2022-02-28 190012.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-28 190041.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-28 190138.jpg

Edited by Ricemachine88

The only thing you should need to change from the guide instructions is that you will NOT have the "(TEMP) Cathedral Landscapes - xLODGen" mod installed, so you don't need to temporarily enable that, and you probably do not need to adjust the gamma. I think everything else is pretty much the same.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

The only thing you should need to change from the guide instructions is that you will NOT have the "(TEMP) Cathedral Landscapes - xLODGen" mod installed, so you don't need to temporarily enable that, and you probably do not need to adjust the gamma. I think everything else is pretty much the same.

SOOO i just finished xlod generation and of course my output folder was still called SSELODGen and not "xLODGen" like in my arguments on MO2, so my output files went into my main xLODGen folder with my executable I think. So now im not sure which files are the new output, I have a few files with the same timestamp that the generations finished: SSELODGen_log.txt, LODGen_log.txt, and some loose files in the Edit Scripts folder of my main xlodgen tools folder.

Do you know which files I need to copy/paste from there into my mod output folder? (The files with timestamp 8:14-8:18 is when my lod gen finished)

I also ran it before seeing your message so the gamma is what was in STEPs photos, am i able to rerun xLODGen adn change the gamma?

Screenshot 2022-02-28 204031.jpg

Edited by Ricemachine88

Check the log file. It probably says where the files were saved. You'll need to rerun xLODGen to change the gamma anyway, however.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Check the log file. It probably says where the files were saved. You'll need to rerun xLODGen to change the gamma anyway, however.

So I can safely delete the two log files? What about the items in the scripts folder that seemed to generate with xlod generation?

Edited by Ricemachine88

Oh crap actually it looks like it created the folder structure in my explorer based on what i copy/pasted into arguments from STEPs so I found all the files from looking at log like you said. Ill rerun it and Im assuming it will overwrite the meshes and textures files it generated. 

7 hours ago, Ricemachine88 said:

Oh crap actually it looks like it created the folder structure in my explorer based on what i copy/pasted into arguments from STEPs so I found all the files from looking at log like you said. Ill rerun it and Im assuming it will overwrite the meshes and textures files it generated. 

That’s not how it works. You need to delete the old output first, as it will not generate what is already there as it will think it is updating a partial generation. You really should fix the path issue so that it is generated where you want it.