Export new lands mod with LOD for MO2

planetmorgoth

Question

Hi I'm trying to make a mod that adds a new land, and I have the LOD generated on my main PC using xLodGen and it works great. But I can't figure out how to get the LOD working on another PC after installing the .zip with MO2. The LOD generation output gets put in the overwrite folder on my main PC and I was wondering how to get that put into a .zip so MO2 can install it all at once.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find anything.

3 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, planetmorgoth said:

Fixed! I was just forgetting to include the lodsettings! Noob mistake.

Can you elaborate? You created a new lands mod or you are trying to port your LOD? Why is this a Creation Kit problem? It seems like a MO config / LODGen problem.

Terrain LOD output goes wherever you tell MO to place it. Overwrite if undefined. We tell users to direct it into the xLODGen directory outside of MO and then copy it to a mod inside of MO.

As instructed in all of sheson's LODGen tools, installation and output locations should be outside of MO VFS per best practice.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:23 PM, z929669 said:

Can you elaborate? You created a new lands mod or you are trying to port your LOD? Why is this a Creation Kit problem? It seems like a MO config / LODGen problem.

Terrain LOD output goes wherever you tell MO to place it. Overwrite if undefined. We tell users to direct it into the xLODGen directory outside of MO and then copy it to a mod inside of MO.

As instructed in all of sheson's LODGen tools, installation and output locations should be outside of MO VFS per best practice.

Sorry late reply, but I forgot to move over the folder called lodsettings. Which had "modname.lod" in it. It's just the tamrield.lod renamed to my mod, but without it it didn't have any LOD.