White flash , single frame?, random

WizardMarnok

Question

Since running Dyndolod 3 I have random white flashes on screen - it seems to only happen when moving and I can't repeat it by moving through same spot again.

This has happened SINCE running dydolod but I can't say for sure it is BECAUSE of it - I didn't notice it before though.

Could this be a problem with dyndolod or the way I installed it? Or should I investigate elsewhere?

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, WizardMarnok said:

Since running Dyndolod 3 I have random white flashes on screen - it seems to only happen when moving and I can't repeat it by moving through same spot again.

This has happened SINCE running dydolod but I can't say for sure it is BECAUSE of it - I didn't notice it before though.

Could this be a problem with dyndolod or the way I installed it? Or should I investigate elsewhere?

The obvious first troubleshooting step would be to deactivate the DynDOLOD output to see if that changes anything.

DynDOLOD generates LOD. It does not change how the engine works, it does not change screen space effects etc. If anything there was this famous flashing thing with carriages from SMIM and ENB.

Zero information was provided.

I experienced this same strange and annoying issue which has disappeared since I've rebuilt my mod list and changed Skyrim's INI configuration several times. I have zero clue what may have caused it, sorry. Pretty sure it's not DynDOLOD though. I've been using DynDOLOD 3 on and off a lot for testing various things, and that has made no differences. The issue is gone for whatever reason, and hasn't come back in several hours of play using DynDOLOD.

Apologies for not providing more information, I wanted to initially check if this was a known matter which I'd missed an FAQ for before investigating.

I have disabled dyndolod and made no other changes, and have not experienced further flashes. Since obviously this isn't a general dyndolod problem I am guessing I have a specific problem with my load order wrt the dyndlod build, or I ran the process incorrectly. Again since it seems this is not a known common result of incorrect build so I will experiment (enb on/off dyndolod on/off and any other combinations I can think if

)

On 2/20/2022 at 10:34 AM, WizardMarnok said:

Apologies for not providing more information, I wanted to initially check if this was a known matter which I'd missed an FAQ for before investigating.

I have disabled dyndolod and made no other changes, and have not experienced further flashes. Since obviously this isn't a general dyndolod problem I am guessing I have a specific problem with my load order wrt the dyndlod build, or I ran the process incorrectly. Again since it seems this is not a known common result of incorrect build so I will experiment (enb on/off dyndolod on/off and any other combinations I can think if

)

This is caused by 3rd party assets used for LOD. It will be most likely in dynamic LOD. So if you troubleshoot this, first hide object and tree LOD meshes to rule them out. Then remove dynamic LOD references from the DynDOLOD plugins in a binary search. Let me know if further instructions are needed.