Skyrim Reference IDs: Console Command vs Xedit

MajorSollus

Hi,

I am trying to make a patch and eventually start making Patches for the Skyrim AE community. I am trying to figure out this Reference ID dilemma. I bring up Console Command in game and click on an object to acquire its Reference ID. Then I exit the game and pull up xEdit and search that ID in the MOD (or even my entire MOD List) and there is no matching ID. If I dig down further and locate the object I find the reference ID in xEdit is slightly different than the ID acquired in game using the command console. It seems to be the first couple of characters in the reference ID that are different and every other character after that, matches. But, it's nearly impossible to locate items through xEdit like this. It took me 20 minutes to locate it.

Example: I am running The Great City of Solitude SSE, and I want to make a patch. There is a gaggle of buckets floating out over the water on the docks and I want to patch items like this to be disabled or moved when using this MOD. The console reference ID is (05000832) . . . it is nowhere to be found with a search through xEdit, even with every MOD loaded.

There has to be an easier way to locate Objects within xEdit with their reference IDs from the in game console command for modding and making patches. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, MajorSollus said:

It seems to be the first couple of characters in the reference ID that are different and every other character after that, matches.

The first 2 characters are the load order index of the mod if it's an ESP/ESM (if it's an ESL-flagged ESP/ESM or an ESL, the load order index is specified in the first 4 characters "FE nn").

Make sure your load order is exactly the same between in-game and in xEdit. Not only the list of mods, but their relative order in the list. If they're different, the IDs won't match.

An ID 05000832 means the object comes from the 6th plugin in your load order (including the vanilla plugins).

You can install More Informative Console to get a lot more information in-game than with the vanilla console.

12 hours ago, Mousetick said:

The first 2 characters are the load order index of the mod if it's an ESP/ESM (if it's an ESL-flagged ESP/ESM or an ESL, the load order index is specified in the first 4 characters "FE nn").

Make sure your load order is exactly the same between in-game and in xEdit. Not only the list of mods, but their relative order in the list. If they're different, the IDs won't match.

An ID 05000832 means the object comes from the 6th plugin in your load order (including the vanilla plugins).

You can install More Informative Console to get a lot more information in-game than with the vanilla console.

Thank you. I have installed the Console Addon and will give it a go. Learn something new every 10 minutes.