Worldspace Transition Tweaks (by AndrealphusVIII)

DoubleYou

37 minutes ago, Sacralletius said:

Here's a video in which I test the plume distance. For me it seems to work, but it takes a few seconds to kick in (or due to the player character moving). When you made the plugin with the globalvariable change, did you test that on a new save?

Tested again and I got it to work. Here's the conditions (all inside WR child worldspace). The trick for me seems to be that I must use the console command to increase the value to 1M, leave console, and set the value to 100, move around a little, and it works. Just setting to 100 never works in any circumstances I tested. I must set a visible value it seems and then reduce it:

1. No DynDOLOD plugins, no patch, new game: Works
  2. No DynDOLOD plugins, patch active, new game: Works
  3. DynDOLOD plugins active, patch active, new game: Works

This patch does not work under any circumstances though. I must control it via the console it seems. Is this correct?

image.png.f02d97af207da31f419987376deb0e6b.png

1 hour ago, Sacralletius said:

Try this file. It has a new global to completely turn on and off the plume.

Also the file in attachment sets the global to 0, which should turn the plume off by default.

Hopefully this works...

WTT - No Plume.7z 320 B · 1 download

So here's my results from a new game with DynDOLOD plugins disabled (did not bother with those enabled, since I have demonstrated it doesn't matter):

1. With "WTT - No Plume" plugin active, plume not visible
  2. With "WTT - No Plume" plugin inactive, plume visible
  3. Regardless of "WTT - No Plume" plugin being active or inactive, I can still use the console with the new editorID  to toggle the plume on/off
  4. Toggling the plume is still a bit laggy. I assume it's due to scripting/rendering triggers of some kind, but it's reliable nevertheless (sometimes I just need to wait a few seconds, other times I must move a bit)
  5. Plume is no longer visible from WR regardless
    • WTT_SkyrimPlumeMaxDistance (previously WTT_SkyrimVvardenfellPlumeMaxDistance) is still 307200.0, so no change in render distance, and this is not expected
    • Plume is visible up to these points on the map (assuming this corresponds to approx. 307200.0 GU)

image.pngimage.png

So the results seem better, but the anomaly with visibility from WR is strange. Perhaps the original implementation wasn't honoring your distance setting and now it is for whatever reason? Either way, the current behavior is better than being able to see it as far out as WR (or probably further). In fact, I may just leave it be, but having the optional no plume plugin is nice.

I did not try messing with the WTT_SkyrimPlumeMaxDistance setting via console, since I forgot it's name when I was testing in game.

Lastly, I did speed-fly to Solsteim and back, and the worldspace loading transitions worked as expected (and the plume was visible and toggleable from both).

@Sacralletius

I noticed that DynDOLOD does throw out the following warning: 

"<Warning: Worldspace bounds SW [-106,-131] to NE [128,128] larger than 257 cells (259). Worldspace Transition Tweaks - Skyrim To Solstheim.esp DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800]>"

I do recall you stating the following, which sounds related:

The main purpose of the ESL is to make sure all the worldspace data wins any conflict. That data is needed for DynDOLOD to generate LODs. (will show an error messsage otherwise) In particular the data within the WRLD records, involving the MHDT - Max Height Data and Object Bounds (NAM0 - Min and NAM9 - Max) subrecords.

All of these records are winning, so perhaps this is a different message than the one you are referring to.

I do recall a conversation between Pokenees and the RE devs on the Discord about the issue with Havok beyond a certain cell limit, which they found was unable to be fixed as far as they could tell. That may be why he disappeared, since I can't really see how it would be possible to achieve "One Tamriel" as envisioned due to this bug. Unless, perhaps, you can show lods for the entire region, and simply use your pseudo load doors to transport you to the different worldspaces.

@DoubleYou

AFAIK that bug only applies if the player is in those cells. I made sure that the player will never actually reach them (the player will teleport to the corresponding worldspace long before getting outside the cell limit). Those cells you were referring to, are merely for LODs, not an actual playable area.

That may be why he disappeared, since I can't really see how it would be possible to achieve "One Tamriel" as envisioned due to this bug.

Yeah, I haven't heard from him for more than a month now. We actually decided to use multiple worldspaces to make sure the player never got beyond the limit.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/29/2022 at 9:03 PM, Sacralletius said:

By the way, there was this other guy, called Pokenees, who wanted to use Worldspace Transition Tweaks as a base for a community project called OneTamriel, to link more worldspaces from several mods. We even made a Discord channel for the purpose. Unfortunately, he's been missing in action for a while. If anyone wants to see this Discord, I can give you an invite.

To give you an idea, these were his plans. (BIG image)

Originally, I wanted to include Japhet's Folly and Giant's Tooth to WTT, but he told me to wait until he finished his work on several other islands.

Yeah, I was in fact thinking of shortening it a bit.

I was wondering if an invite to the discord was still available?

I have been thinking of creating several of the ESO added islands as well, together with more extensively integrating the various CC islands in the sea of ghosts.

Basically exactly what Pokenees planning, with the image you shared. If some help in level design is still needed I am interested to help, and I think the discord is the best place to keep an eye if they come back to the project again. Cheers!

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Sacralletius said:

I've noticed that DynDOLOD now offers LOD generation for neighbouring worldspaces. This might cut down on the amount of references I'd need to copy over. I might need to look into that.

Let's ask @sheson, but I know that we do not need to use the vanilla terrain plugins when using your mod.