Worldspace Transition Tweaks (by AndrealphusVIII)

DoubleYou

Mods that add or change references should be designed and released as ESMs. The fact that 99% of mods containing references are released on Nexus in non-ESM form is an anomaly. CC content, which is nothing more than officially released and supported mods, is all ESM for a good reason.

I agree. Especially mods adding new worldspaces, as the persistent refs stack up quickly when using multiple of those.

2 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Absolutely not. What kind of warning were you expecting then?

Great post. You are a wealth of insight. I've never happened across this info stated in such a way as to be comprehensible or intelligible without requiring a lot of already-existing knowledge, so kudos for consolidating it (that's the entire purpose of this website, BTW ... to bring together disparate tidbits of modding-related info into comprehensive explanation).

1 hour ago, Sacralletius said:

Alright, so there are a few more questions that were being raised. I'll try to answer them.

Likewise great post. You both have cleared up some longs-standing gobbledygook for me. Few people take the time to explain these technical details in an intelligible way and in lay-terms (probably because most people doing said explaining don't entirely understand it themselves).

1 hour ago, Mercury71 said:

Used this amazing mod for the first time yesterday. I will have to rebuild the LODs if updating?

The update should have no impact on your existing LOD.

Test if you can see the plume from just outside of Whiterun looking East.

Then test the following (from the Mod Description page):

Vvardenfell Plume in Skyrim

You can control the visibility of the Vvardenfell plume by using the following console command:

set WTT_SkyrimVvardenfellPlumeMaxDistance to X

X is the max distance in Skyrim units. Default value is 307,200.
To completely hide the plume use a value of around 100.
To make the plume visible from as far away as possible, use a value of 10,000,000.

4 hours ago, Sacralletius said:

Yes, I updated the mod to fix the issue that was reported.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Oh sweet! That's a cool feature! I will have to test that out. 

So I tested this with the patch edit as suggested:

image.png

... but no luck. The plume is still visible from inside and outside of Whiterun. It doesn't matter if DynDOLOD is active or not. And the console command similarly has no impact for me.

PS: and that editorID name is quite a mouthful ... had quite a time typing it in properly. If it was working, I wouldn't want to do that every time I loaded the game ;)

By the way, there was this other guy, called Pokenees, who wanted to use Worldspace Transition Tweaks as a base for a community project called OneTamriel, to link more worldspaces from several mods. We even made a Discord channel for the purpose. Unfortunately, he's been missing in action for a while. If anyone wants to see this Discord, I can give you an invite.

To give you an idea, these were his plans. (BIG image)

Originally, I wanted to include Japhet's Folly and Giant's Tooth to WTT, but he told me to wait until he finished his work on several other islands.

and that editorID name is quite a mouthful ... had quite a time typing it in properly. If it was working, I wouldn't want to do that every time I loaded the game ;)

Yeah, I was in fact thinking of shortening it a bit.

5 minutes ago, Sacralletius said:

By the way, there was this other guy, called Pokenees, who wanted to use Worldspace Transition Tweaks as a base for a community project called OneTamriel, to link more worldspaces from several mods. We even made a Discord channel for the purpose. Unfortunately, he's been missing in action for a while. If anyone wants to see this Discord, I can give you an invite.

To give you an idea, these were his plans. (BIG image)

Originally, I wanted to include Japhet's Folly and Giant's Tooth to WTT, but he told me to wait until he finished his work on several other islands.

Yeah, I was in fact thinking of shortening it a bit.

Probably not applicable to our guide, but certainly applicable to my own game once I get back to that. I want all possible worldspaces and 3rd party add-ons as long as they mesh well with the game and are fully matured and indistinguishable from vanilla worldspaces (voice acting, non-broken quests, worldspace awareness of other worldspaces, work with mods like Requiem, etc.).

I hope he returns to finalize.

It's been a long while since I looked at all of this, because I was disappointed with most of it ten years ago. Like I'm disappointed that Skywind doesn't seem to be moving along :(

What I really want is a remastered Morrowind on a brand new game engine ... or an official game with all vanilla worldspaces. It's been 30 years that Bethesda has been doing TES gameworld for cripe's sake.

15 minutes ago, Sacralletius said:

Here's a video in which I test the plume distance. For me it seems to work, but it takes a few seconds to kick in (or due to the player character moving). When you made the plugin with the globalvariable change, did you test that on a new save?

I tested on new games with and without DynDOLOD plugins active, and I tested it inside and outside of WR just in case the child worldspace mattered. What I did not do was move around a bit to nudge rendering/triggers.

I guess the more unexpected result was that the hard-coded plugin value change I noted had no impact. I generated DynDOLOD with that plugin active. BUT, it was loaded at lower priority than your ESPFE, so that's why, duh.

I will test again

EDIT: Well, on closer examination, the patch LO shouldn't matter, since that record isn't even in the ESPFE plugin. Still not working for me.

More testing ...