Worldspace Transition Tweaks (by AndrealphusVIII)

DoubleYou

The author mentioned any landscape painting was done to fix texture seams, but will look into the areas where it's conflicting with Smooth Shores. As I mentioned over there, I know, personally, that Landscape edits can easily get away from you. Anytime you touch the border of another cell, both cells will be added to the plugin whether they need to be or not. If left unpatched with Smooth Shores, I doubt there will be any major issues, like holes, but there will be some texture seams (probably underwater).

I have this mod patched with Smooth Shores. It was, indeed, just some texture seams to fix here and there. All were underwater besides one. Other than that, some weather records were forwarded. I've sent the patch to the author with the options of hosting it on their patch page or having us host it on the Smooth Shores Patches mod page.

• 1 month later...

My only reservation at this point is the big plume from Red Mountain. It can make things look off if you don't realize what it is. It would be nice to perhaps add an occlusion plane or something to make it not visible from the other side of the mountain range.

• 1 month later...

Author of WTT here. (AndrealphusVIII) Thank you for checking out my mod. I'm always looking for ways to improve it.

I'm not really well versed in the inner workings of SSELodgen/DynDOLOD. I was able to generate it properly on my end, but unfortunately many users report issues while generating LODs for WTT, which I can't really help them with. I've considered making pre-generated LOD available for users that have such issues, but I'm not sure whether this would be the correct course of action, given compatibility.

As for the future, WTT will be included in a bigger project, referred to as "One Tamriel", which is a collaboration between several authors, to extend the functionality of WTT to other worldspaces. (currently aimed at the Sea of Ghosts, but several regions of Beyond Skyrim will be supported as well.) This is a rough first draft of the worldspaces covering the Sea of Ghosts and Tamriel: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/867059703711531029/977931930836287558/Reopen_for_export.jpg

Prior to joining One Tamriel, I was working on including Japhet's Folly, but that work unfortunately had to be scrapped, since the location of the island was up for debate and we decided to move a bit more north.

Additionally, I would like to provide support for the Paraglider mod and dragonriding from the Dragonborn DLC, to be able to glide or fly to other worldspaces. With the latter, I hit a wall due to an engine limitation, but I have requested a new papyrus function from po3, to be able to circumvent this: MoveMountedActorTo(): https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8876738-feature-requests/?p=109542013

1 hour ago, Sacralletius said:

Author of WTT here. (AndrealphusVIII) Thank you for checking out my mod. I'm always looking for ways to improve it.

I'm not really well versed in the inner workings of SSELodgen/DynDOLOD. I was able to generate it properly on my end, but unfortunately many users report issues while generating LODs for WTT, which I can't really help them with. I've considered making pre-generated LOD available for users that have such issues, but I'm not sure whether this would be the correct course of action, given compatibility.

As for the future, WTT will be included in a bigger project, referred to as "One Tamriel", which is a collaboration between several authors, to extend the functionality of WTT to other worldspaces. (currently aimed at the Sea of Ghosts, but several regions of Beyond Skyrim will be supported as well.) This is a rough first draft of the worldspaces covering the Sea of Ghosts and Tamriel: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/867059703711531029/977931930836287558/Reopen_for_export.jpg

Prior to joining One Tamriel, I was working on including Japhet's Folly, but that work unfortunately had to be scrapped, since the location of the island was up for debate and we decided to move a bit more north.

Additionally, I would like to provide support for the Paraglider mod and dragonriding from the Dragonborn DLC, to be able to glide or fly to other worldspaces. With the latter, I hit a wall due to an engine limitation, but I have requested a new papyrus function from po3, to be able to circumvent this: MoveMountedActorTo(): https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8876738-feature-requests/?p=109542013

WTT works fine with LODGen, and it's best to not provide pregenerated LOD, since it is specific to each user's LO. If people have problems, it's not your mod causing them. Point them to the DynDOLOD support forums over here.

We may well be including this mod in our next release. Only DYs concern in previous post remains TBD.

I vote to accept

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree. There is a mountain range in between, and the game world is not drawn in life-like sizes. Weather conditions on the mountains and at that kind of distance, I would expect it not to be visible. The first time I saw it in Whiterun, I thought my weather was severely bugged.

9 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I disagree. There is a mountain range in between, and the game world is not drawn in life-like sizes. Weather conditions on the mountains and at that kind of distance, I would expect it not to be visible. The first time I saw it in Whiterun, I thought my weather was severely bugged.

Distance is one thing. If the distance is not accurate I could see your point, but lets take the game world out of it and just look at the maps. They all have the distance between Windhelm and Red Mountain about the same as between Dawnstar and Solitude (just a but further), and you can see LOD quite easily at those distances. Now taking the real world examples that we can pull from and some quick research, it would be fair to say most volcano plumes can be see at least from 100mi away. This largely depends on the volcano height and plume height; however, with those numbers and distances I would say you should be able to see the plume; mountain range or not.

Technically, a mountain range would obscure it at RL distance analogous to game world due to curvature of the Earth. If you were on top of the mountain range, you would see it though.

That said: It IS a fantasy game ... but we DO always talk about 'realism' too, and all we have is our reality as a basis :thinking: