Stuck at `Press any Button` in SkyrimVR

Bersaelor

Question

I just finished the installation guide in the manual, generated the TexGen and the Dyndolod mod and put it at the end of my Mod Organizer list of mods.

When starting Skyrim VR, I get the `Press any button` popup but it also shows a Dyndolod related popup (I believe with an 'OK` below, it's hard to see much more, since the `Press any button` covers it).

I don't know if that is an error, it could just be the ''DynDOLOD successfully initialized' message.

Anyway, the two popups seem to cancel each other out, I can press any button the Oculus Quest Controllers, nothing will happen. Apparently the popup message from Dyndolod steals the UI -interaction from the `Press any button`...

ScreenShot0.png

3 answers to this question

FAQ: Game: DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL 

A: If the intention is to use PapyrusUtil, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources are not overwritten by the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL. Do not install anything from DynDOLOD DLL.

A: The DynDOLOD.DLL is not installed into the correct games ..\Data\SKSE\Plugins folder, outdated or not running at all. 

A: Make sure you have the correct DynDOLOD.DLL version for the current Skyrim and SKSE versions that is used and none of its files are overwritten by other mods. The DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts need to overwrite the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources which are for PapyrusUtil. 

A: Check the c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\[skse|skse64|sksevr].log that the DynDOLOD.DLL was loaded correctly. 

Install the DynDOLOD DLL VR - SKSEVR Plugin for Skyrim VR 1.4.15

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Program Files x86 to avoid problems with UAC, anitvir.

Make sure the DynDOLOD DLL Scripts are installed as well and all of them overwrite DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Check c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim VR\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log for hints.

Check c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim VR\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0.log for the message.

Engine fixes probably misses latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

Thank you @sheson for the reply, I read through FAQ and made sure it is the 1.4.15 that is installed.

Here is my current load order and version:

842932217_Screenshot2022-01-26212138.thumb.png.fb54d13cbf9bd7ba4fe7473ee2f631a5.png

I had not checked the log file yet, let's see:
In line 7 it says Dyndolod loaded correctly).
It also says in the following line that EngineFixesVR was not loaded correctly, so I tried disabling the Engine Fixes VR mod. That made the log file look great, with no more issues, but the game was still the same, stuck at the `Press any button`.

SKSEVR runtime: initialize (version = 2.0.12 010400F1 01D812389FBC7FCC, os = 6.2 (9200))
imagebase = 00007FF6DD980000
reloc mgr imagebase = 00007FF6DD980000
config path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\skse.ini
plugin directory = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\DynDOLOD.DLL
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\DynDOLOD.DLL (00000001 DynDOLOD 000000F5) loaded correctly (handle 1)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\EngineFixesVR.dll
couldn't load plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\EngineFixesVR.dll (Error 126)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\higgs_vr.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 2 of 3
Plugin 2 registered for controller state with sort 66
Plugin 2 registered for poses with sort 66
plugin 2 allocated 4096 bytes from branch pool
plugin 2 allocated 4096 bytes from local pool
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\higgs_vr.dll (00000001 HIGGS 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 2)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\LocationalDamageSKSEVR.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 3 of 4
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\LocationalDamageSKSEVR.dll (00000001 LocationalDamageSKSEVR Plugin 00000072) loaded correctly (handle 3)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\misvr.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 4 of 5
plugin 4 allocated 512 bytes from branch pool
plugin 4 allocated 512 bytes from local pool
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\misvr.dll (00000001 MISVR 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 4)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\skee64.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\skee64.dll does not appear to be an SKSE plugin
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\skyrimvrtools.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 5 of 6
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\skyrimvrtools.dll (00000001 SkyrimVRTools 00000023) loaded correctly (handle 5)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SkyUI-VR.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SkyUI-VR.dll (00000001 SkyUI 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 6)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SpellWheelVR.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 7 of 8
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SpellWheelVR.dll (00000001 SpellWheelVR 00001085) loaded correctly (handle 7)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\VRFpsStabilizer.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 8 of 9
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\VRFpsStabilizer.dll (00000001 VRFpsStabilizerPlugin 000010C1) loaded correctly (handle 8)
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\vrik.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 9 of 10
registering plugin listener for (null) at 9 of 10
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\vrik.dll (00000001 VRIK 00000051) loaded correctly (handle 9)
dispatch message (0) to plugin listeners
sending message type 0 to plugin 2
registering plugin listener for (null) at 2 of 10
sending message type 0 to plugin 3
registering plugin listener for SkyrimVRTools at 3 of 10
sending message type 0 to plugin 4
sending message type 0 to plugin 5
sending message type 0 to plugin 7
registering plugin listener for SkyrimVRTools at 7 of 10
sending message type 0 to plugin 8
sending message type 0 to plugin 9
dispatched message.
dispatch message (1) to plugin listeners
sending message type 1 to plugin 2
dispatch message (-223367450) to plugin listeners
sending message type 1 to plugin 3
sending message type 1 to plugin 4
sending message type 1 to plugin 5
dispatch message (40008) to plugin listeners
sending message type 40008 to plugin 9
sending message type 40008 to plugin 2
sending message type 40008 to plugin 3
sending message type 40008 to plugin 7
dispatched message.
sending message type 1 to plugin 7
dispatch message (-114845097) to plugin listeners
dispatch message (-223367450) to plugin listeners
dispatch message (-190676273) to plugin listeners
dispatch message (1894215871) to plugin listeners
sending message type 1 to plugin 8
sending message type 1 to plugin 9
dispatched message.
init complete
hooked dinput
dispatch message (6) to plugin listeners
sending message type 6 to plugin 2
sending message type 6 to plugin 3
sending message type 6 to plugin 4
sending message type 6 to plugin 5
sending message type 6 to plugin 7
sending message type 6 to plugin 8
sending message type 6 to plugin 9
dispatched message.
Reading translations from Interface\Translations\SkyUI_SE_ENGLISH.txt...
Reading translations from Interface\Translations\Run For Your Lives_ENGLISH.txt...
Reading translations from Interface\Translations\RaceMenu_ENGLISH.txt...
Reading translations from Interface\Translations\RaceMenuPlugin_ENGLISH.txt...
dispatch message (8) to plugin listeners
sending message type 8 to plugin 2
sending message type 8 to plugin 3
plugin 3 allocated 256 bytes from branch pool
plugin 3 allocated 256 bytes from local pool
sending message type 8 to plugin 4
sending message type 8 to plugin 5
sending message type 8 to plugin 7
sending message type 8 to plugin 8
sending message type 8 to plugin 9
plugin 9 allocated 1024 bytes from branch pool
dispatched message.