Odd Lighting Glitch near Boat.

It would be helpful if you show a screen with ENB toggled off using shift+F12

I assume it's the shadow of the bow of the boat appearing 'lighter' than background? need the w/wo ENB to verify the effect though. It's probably a mesh issue though. I forget which mesh it would be (water mesh, water reflection mesh, etc.).

Here's a photo without ENB enabled, it's still there but barely visible. This line bScreenSpaceReflectionEnabled=0 makes it go away completely, but then no reflections. Not sure if there's any other way to fix it.

InkedScreenShot38_LI.jpg

Edited by zsark

1 hour ago, zsark said:

Here's a photo without ENB enabled, it's still there but barely visible. This line bScreenSpaceReflectionEnabled=0 makes it go away completely, but then no reflections. Not sure if there's any other way to fix it.

InkedScreenShot38_LI.jpg

Yeah, I think that can be fixed via the plugin by messing with this stuff (at least, that's what the ragged flagon reflection fix is doing):

image.png

@TechAngel85 would know with all the work he has done on RWT and lighting mods.

10 hours ago, zsark said:

InkedScreenShot38_LI.jpg

This makes sense. The swirl is coming from the swirl on the boat in the image. Realistic Water Two recommends setting fWaterSSRIntensity=0.5 under [Display] in Skyrim.ini. That may fix the issue, since that lowers the intensity of Screen Space Reflections on the water.

Remove the mod causing the swirl on the boat? ...I'm being sarcastic.

Honestly, I don't know, which is why I haven't replied. Personally, I would ignore it. If discovered in any other game, all that would it would garner is a shoulder shrug and move on because nothing can be done about it. I think everyone assumes because you can mod the game that every tiny glitch can be fixed, which leads to obsessing over every small detail and mishap (see it on Nexus all the time). I guarantee that even those "4K-ray-tracing-ultra-modded-setups" have issues (they just don't show you in their showcases). This is Skyrim! Go kill something! :thumbsup:

But, in all seriousness, I don't know.

Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions! I definitely have come to terms with some of my lighting issues with this game that can't be fixed just hidden (character lighting, especially males they have such bad wrist seams :( ) After some further experimenting with my LO and settings I got this to go away completely. https://imgur.com/WC7HvEf Here's a photo, reflections still present and looking decent, no weird lighting glitch around the boat! I did use BethINI and just went with like the medium preset, then did some changes to my preferences/ ENB set up. Sharing my LO & ini files if anyone is curious. I also rebuilt my bashed patch and Dynodolod and got rid of luminosity.

Skyrim.ini SkyrimPrefs.ini SkyrimCustom.ini plugins.txt modlist.txt

Edited by zsark