So, I found a second word wall but I was reluctant to interact with it because there was no writing on the wall and no light channel effect that followed my character.  I eventually decided to get close to it and I learned a Shout.  After the process finished and the normal light ambiance returned to the room, writing did appear on the wall.

I'm wondering if this is a bug or not.  I presume it is and not a trap, and why I eventually walked closer to the wall to acquire a new Shout.

Best practice is to approach all word walls in the hopes of receiving a word. Most often the music is indicative of a word, and, maybe certain angles, the words lighting up. Sometimes I have had the music play for walls that I have already learned a word for. It is quite possible that bugs exist for this. 

Yeah.  I heard the chanting and why I presumed it's a bug, but there was this indecision based on the room and combat I just experienced, the mages using fire so much I was hesitant considering they may have rigged it.  I tried many angles to try to see clearly to no avail, but I wasn't keen enough on trying to reset the room since the door was kind of far.