Grajowiec

How to make DynDOLOD work with Azura statue replacer?

Question

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I just can't figure out how can I make DynDOLOD work with Azura Highpoly EnbParticleLight. I created a custom mesh mask rule as manual says, the comments said to turn off the mod and regenerate DynDOLOD i tried it and it didn't work. I'm still getting not glowing Azura statue when I'm far and it changes to glowing one when I'm getting close. Any help on what should I do? In the past when I used different Azura statue replacers it always worked so I'm really lost now.

5 answers to this question

The author bundles DynDOLOD rules. You don't need to add any other rules. For the custom rules to load, you need to click a preset button (low/medium/high).

Make sure to press low, medium or high button so the rules are loaded and then generate LOD as usual.

Remember that any mesh rule matching first is used.

Do not turn off any mods, especially if you want to have LOD create for it.

If that does not help, provide actual information. Which game version, which install option, which DynDOLOD version. What the mesh rule looks like.
What you mean by far and getting close, e.g. the distance in cells or game units.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Make sure to press low, medium or high button so the rules are loaded and then generate LOD as usual.

Remember that any mesh rule matching first is used.

Do not turn off any mods, especially if you want to have LOD create for it.

If that does not help, provide actual information. Which game version, which install option, which DynDOLOD version. What the mesh rule looks like.
What you mean by far and getting close, e.g. the distance in cells or game units.

Ok, so I generated LOD without turning any mods off (and I clicked the high button even twice just to be sure) and now the statue has two I don't know how to call disks in the map (screen here) and still doesn't glow when I'm far

I'm using the pre AE game (1.5.97) PsBoss version of the statue (I like booba) DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 56, mesh rule is exactly like in manual so:

Mesh mask: clutter\statues\shrineofazura01.nif

LOD Level 4 Full 

LOD Level 8: Full

LOD Level 16: Full

LOD Level 32: None

VWD

Grid: Far LOD

Reference uchanged

By far I mean in this example when I'm in Winterhold and I'm using paraglider to fly close to the statue and I'm not sure where is the moment when the game changes the statue mesh (in Winterhold I got normal PsBoss statue without lights) (if there is a tool to measure distance please let me know and I will provide information)

Always use the latest DynDOLOD version.

You can not use the full model for ENB for static object LOD since the object LOD system does not support the ENB particlar light. They get translated to those disks.

Set None for all LOD Level 4, 8, 16, 32, set VWD, set NeverfadeFull for Grid and keep Unchanged for Reference.
Unfortunately that also means it can not be visible on map.
You could set Level2 for LOD Level 16 to have the usual LOD model be on the map as a poor substitute.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

Always use the latest DynDOLOD version.

I didn't know there was an update, downloaded and updated

17 hours ago, sheson said:

You can not use the full model for ENB for static object LOD since the object LOD system does not support the ENB particlar light. They get translated to those disks.

Set None for all LOD Level 4, 8, 16, 32, set VWD, set NeverfadeFull for Grid and keep Unchanged for Reference.
Unfortunately that also means it can not be visible on map.
You could set Level2 for LOD Level 16 to have the usual LOD model be on the map as a poor substitute.

IT WORKED, THANK YOU SO MUCH (Shame about the map but oh well I can live without it)

Now I just need to figure out why statue disappears when I'm running away from it and I will finally be done with generating LODs :D