How to make DynDOLOD work with Azura statue replacer?

Grajowiec

Question

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I just can't figure out how can I make DynDOLOD work with Azura Highpoly EnbParticleLight. I created a custom mesh mask rule as manual says, the comments said to turn off the mod and regenerate DynDOLOD i tried it and it didn't work. I'm still getting not glowing Azura statue when I'm far and it changes to glowing one when I'm getting close. Any help on what should I do? In the past when I used different Azura statue replacers it always worked so I'm really lost now.

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Make sure to press low, medium or high button so the rules are loaded and then generate LOD as usual.

Remember that any mesh rule matching first is used.

Do not turn off any mods, especially if you want to have LOD create for it.

If that does not help, provide actual information. Which game version, which install option, which DynDOLOD version. What the mesh rule looks like.
What you mean by far and getting close, e.g. the distance in cells or game units.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Make sure to press low, medium or high button so the rules are loaded and then generate LOD as usual.

Remember that any mesh rule matching first is used.

Do not turn off any mods, especially if you want to have LOD create for it.

If that does not help, provide actual information. Which game version, which install option, which DynDOLOD version. What the mesh rule looks like.
What you mean by far and getting close, e.g. the distance in cells or game units.

Ok, so I generated LOD without turning any mods off (and I clicked the high button even twice just to be sure) and now the statue has two I don't know how to call disks in the map (screen here) and still doesn't glow when I'm far

I'm using the pre AE game (1.5.97) PsBoss version of the statue (I like booba) DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 56, mesh rule is exactly like in manual so:

Mesh mask: clutter\statues\shrineofazura01.nif

LOD Level 4 Full 

LOD Level 8: Full

LOD Level 16: Full

LOD Level 32: None

VWD

Grid: Far LOD

Reference uchanged

By far I mean in this example when I'm in Winterhold and I'm using paraglider to fly close to the statue and I'm not sure where is the moment when the game changes the statue mesh (in Winterhold I got normal PsBoss statue without lights) (if there is a tool to measure distance please let me know and I will provide information)

Always use the latest DynDOLOD version.

You can not use the full model for ENB for static object LOD since the object LOD system does not support the ENB particlar light. They get translated to those disks.

Set None for all LOD Level 4, 8, 16, 32, set VWD, set NeverfadeFull for Grid and keep Unchanged for Reference.
Unfortunately that also means it can not be visible on map.
You could set Level2 for LOD Level 16 to have the usual LOD model be on the map as a poor substitute.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

Always use the latest DynDOLOD version.

I didn't know there was an update, downloaded and updated

17 hours ago, sheson said:

You can not use the full model for ENB for static object LOD since the object LOD system does not support the ENB particlar light. They get translated to those disks.

Set None for all LOD Level 4, 8, 16, 32, set VWD, set NeverfadeFull for Grid and keep Unchanged for Reference.
Unfortunately that also means it can not be visible on map.
You could set Level2 for LOD Level 16 to have the usual LOD model be on the map as a poor substitute.

IT WORKED, THANK YOU SO MUCH (Shame about the map but oh well I can live without it)

Now I just need to figure out why statue disappears when I'm running away from it and I will finally be done with generating LODs :D

Hello, I am using alpha 65 and am having an issue with the statue of Azura. I am using a mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/679) to make the statue larger and another (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40705) to add ENB lights to the sun and moon with the goal being to see Azura's statue shining from far away. However something is going wrong with the LOD generation and though the statue shows up fine in LOD, the ENB lights are not working and the statue shows as if I never installed the ENB light mod in the first place. I did some testing and found the odd issue that while the statue shows up as normal in LOD from far away if I move into a cell adjacent to the statue's cell it will disappear entirely, then if I keep moving and go into the statue's cell itself it will reappear with the ENB lights working as intended. I checked and don't have anything overwriting or conflicting with the .esp for the mod to make the statue bigger or have any loose files being overwritten. If anyone knows how I can fix this I would be grateful, and if any more information is needed I'm happy to provide it. I did look through the manual to see if I could find anything relevant but couldn't find anything (could have missed it though, I'm not an expert on this tool).

Here are links to my Dyndolod logs if that's helpful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phc24chciqz3zdo/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z06f02dobn37wml/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, bob124 said:

Hello, I am using alpha 65 and am having an issue with the statue of Azura. I am using a mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/679) to make the statue larger and another (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40705) to add ENB lights to the sun and moon with the goal being to see Azura's statue shining from far away. However something is going wrong with the LOD generation and though the statue shows up fine in LOD, the ENB lights are not working and the statue shows as if I never installed the ENB light mod in the first place. I did some testing and found the odd issue that while the statue shows up as normal in LOD from far away if I move into a cell adjacent to the statue's cell it will disappear entirely, then if I keep moving and go into the statue's cell itself it will reappear with the ENB lights working as intended. I checked and don't have anything overwriting or conflicting with the .esp for the mod to make the statue bigger or have any loose files being overwritten. If anyone knows how I can fix this I would be grateful, and if any more information is needed I'm happy to provide it. I did look through the manual to see if I could find anything relevant but couldn't find anything (could have missed it though, I'm not an expert on this tool).

Here are links to my Dyndolod logs if that's helpful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phc24chciqz3zdo/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z06f02dobn37wml/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

See https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Replaced-Full-Model-Example-Azura-Statue to learn how to use the full model for LOD. 
Also use search https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=azura&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=223

The mod overwriting the reference to change the scale is causing large reference bugs (should be reported by a message in the log).  Such overwrites should be in a ESM flagged plugin file.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

See https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Replaced-Full-Model-Example-Azura-Statue to learn how to use the full model for LOD. 
Also use search https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=azura&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=223

The mod overwriting the reference to change the scale is causing large reference bugs (should be reported by a message in the log).  Such overwrites should be in a ESM flagged plugin file.

Oh thank you! Did not see that part of the manual.

Currently having issues getting the azura shrine LOD to work properly, I have implemented a mesh mask rule as follows: "Meshes\Clutter\Statues\shrineofazura01.nif" and have set the rules to be as attached.

Capture.thumb.PNG.7028cdf576ec8da68c8d1bbd4127d258.PNG

I then run dyndolod and generate the static LOD, after which I follow the steps required to generate the dynamic LOD for open cities. When I play in game however, the LOD for the modded Azura shrine is morphed inside the LOD for the vanilla Azura Shrine - the vanilla LOD disappears when I get close - but using the tfc command really highlights the issue. I posted on the modders page and on the advice of a response there am posting it here. I was told to see if I could select the vanilla mesh to see which plugin might be causing it, but using the TLL command showed that it was all LOD. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong and would greatly appreciated any feedback! 

enb2022_4_1_16_20_21.jpeg

Edited by ManBearPig1989

On 4/1/2022 at 9:28 AM, ManBearPig1989 said:

Currently having issues getting the azura shrine LOD to work properly, I have implemented a mesh mask rule as follows: "Meshes\Clutter\Statues\shrineofazura01.nif" and have set the rules to be as attached.

Capture.thumb.PNG.7028cdf576ec8da68c8d1bbd4127d258.PNG

I then run dyndolod and generate the static LOD, after which I follow the steps required to generate the dynamic LOD for open cities. When I play in game however, the LOD for the modded Azura shrine is morphed inside the LOD for the vanilla Azura Shrine - the vanilla LOD disappears when I get close - but using the tfc command really highlights the issue. I posted on the modders page and on the advice of a response there am posting it here. I was told to see if I could select the vanilla mesh to see which plugin might be causing it, but using the TLL command showed that it was all LOD. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong and would greatly appreciated any feedback! 

enb2022_4_1_16_20_21.jpeg

Please upload the log (it should contain the first and second session) and debug as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

The rule is active for both runs?

Also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

Please upload the log (it should contain the first and second session) and debug as explained on the first post.

Thanks for the response, I'll attach the Object Report in the next reply, exceeding the file size limit atmDynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txtbugreport.txt

28 minutes ago, sheson said:

Please upload the log (it should contain the first and second session) and debug as explained on the first post.

The rule is active for both runs?

I have tried the rule active on the static run, rule active on dynamic run and rule active on both. Seems to give the same result - except for only the dynamic run, which might not have generated any modded lod. 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.7z

1 hour ago, ManBearPig1989 said:

I have tried the rule active on the static run, rule active on dynamic run and rule active on both. Seems to give the same result - except for only the dynamic run, which might not have generated any modded lod. 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.7z 150.84 kB · 1 download

Thanks! The duplicated LOD happens because of No Snow Under The Roof which replaces the vanilla statue with a snow cover only version. There is a bug that so that LOD uses the LOD model for the statue instead of the LOD model for the snow cover only. That bug will be fixed in the next version.

That snow cover only does not really match the new statue full model either and looks odd. You might want to disable the snow cover only anyways. If it is disabled no LOD will be generated for it. Add a new rule above the custom mesh you already have:

Mesh Mask / Reference FormID: skyrim.esm;00033DCB
Flags: VWD checked
LOD4/8/16/32: None
Grid: None
Reference: Delete

A better solution (because of large reference bugs) would be to use xEdit to remove the overwrite of 00033DCB from Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp which replaces the statue with the snow cover only and also the new reference xx06EBD3 from Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp which adds the statue anew.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

Thanks! The duplicated LOD happens because of No Snow Under The Roof which replaces the vanilla statue with a snow cover only version. There is a bug that so that LOD uses the LOD model for the statue instead of the LOD model for the snow cover only. That bug will be fixed in the next version.

That snow cover only does not really match the new statue full model either and looks odd. You might want to disable the snow cover only anyways. If it is disabled no LOD will be generated for it. Add a new rule above the custom mesh you already have:

Mesh Mask / Reference FormID: skyrim.esm;00033DCB
Flags: VWD checked
LOD4/8/16/32: None
Grid: None
Reference: Delete

A better solution (because of large reference bugs) would be to use xEdit to remove the overwrite of 00033DCB from Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp which replaces the statue with the snow cover only and also the new reference xx06EBD3 from Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp which adds the statue anew.

Awesome! I am using the NSUTR/New Azura Shrine Patch:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55132

So if I'm understanding correctly should I delete the new reference (xx06EB3) from prometheus_etc.esp and keep the 00033DCB reference given I use the above patch? (Patch replaces NSUTR's azurastatuesnow_only.nif with one that fits the new statue). Or do I delete both and the patch will still work?

Thanks again for the quick responses.

19 minutes ago, ManBearPig1989 said:

Awesome! I am using the NSUTR/New Azura Shrine Patch:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55132

So if I'm understanding correctly should I delete the new reference (xx06EB3) from prometheus_etc.esp and keep the 00033DCB reference given I use the above patch? (Patch replaces NSUTR's azurastatuesnow_only.nif with one that fits the new statue). Or do I delete both and the patch will still work?

Thanks again for the quick responses.

If you use the patch then do nothing and wait for next version that fixes the bug that it is using the wrong LOD model for the snow cover.

I will include an updated snow cover LOD model in DynDOLOD Resources based on the patch.