Convenient Reading UI (by uranreactor)

Mousetick

4 hours ago, Mousetick said:

FO > CRUI + FO Compatibility Patch (font size 22)

a1 FO Handwritten.pnga4 CR Patched FO Handwritten 22.png

c1 FO Books.pngc4 CR Patched FO Books 22.png

Notes:

• FO and CRUI can be installed in any order as long as FO compatibility patch is installed last, overwriting them both.
  • FO Compatibility Patch is a misnomer. The patch simply removes the background effect, it can be used with or without FO.
  • CRUI Darker Book Text patch is mutually exclusive with the compatibility patch. Either one can be added according to taste, but not both.
  • FO-RP option can still be installed with FO, if one wants the retexture that comes with it (/textures/interface/books). I don't know how to demonstrate its effect as I don't know specific books that show drawings. But the textures look nice when viewed on their own.

Nice follow-through @TechAngel85 and Mousetick. I think this may meet the bar now if the others agree.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Never hurts to ask!

Yeah, but that's because you asked :) You have some weight on Nexus and people are more likely to pay attention than some random user. As a matter of fact, the same request was made earlier in the comment section, and the MA sort of waved it off by replying "Have you tried the Darker Text option?".

4 hours ago, Greg said:

I reproduced the issue with Dragon Language: Myth no More with a pure vanilla game so I'm guessing Bethesda broke something.

Really? That's strange I can't reproduce the issue with FO and CRUI disabled, which is not pure vanilla but should be close enough for testing this scenario. I'm still using Skyrim SE 1.5.97.

BTW, going back to the slooooooooooooooooooooooow vanilla page turning animations is so painful.

With CRUI enabled, the issue seems to occur at font sizes smaller than 22 (which is what vanilla is using I think). At sizes 15, 20, 21 some pages would overlap. At size 22 all pages display fine. I tried 24 and 30 and it worked fine too.

It could be an issue with the mod, or this particular book not expected to be displayed at smaller font sizes.

6 hours ago, Greg said:

Here are a few you can use that contain images. There may be a few others, but these are difficult to find.

Thanks. If you're curious, I did some tests and provided some screenshots in the FO topic. From your list, only Gratian's Journal has replacement textures.

Based on my findings, I've changed my mind and don't think it makes sense to install FO-RP at all if CRUI is used. The replacement textures in FO-RP are not desirable IMHO.

The new optional file removes the softening effect. This is using our standard FO settings without the "Realistic Print" option, with this mod + the new FO patch Optional File.

Without the FO patch:

1.jpg

With the FO patch:

2.jpg

@Greg @TechAngel85 Does this resolve for you both? If so, I again vote to accept this one with the 'steal' font color tweak with otherwise INI defaults for this mod and FO install per our historic options but without Realistic Print.

28 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The new optional file removes the softening effect. This is using our standard FO settings without the "Realistic Print" option, with this mod + the new FO patch Optional File.

Without the FO patch:

1.jpg

With the FO patch:

2.jpg

@Greg @TechAngel85 Does this resolve for you both? If so, I again vote to accept this one with the 'steal' font color tweak with otherwise INI defaults for this mod and FO install per our historic options but without Realistic Print.

Yes, that's perfect. The new option works as intended. I can confidently vote yes for this one now. We can make the optional file...optional, for those that desire it.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Does this resolve for you both? If so, I again vote to accept this one with the 'steal' font color tweak with otherwise INI defaults for this mod and FO install per our historic options but without Realistic Print.

Yes, this resolves the issue nicely.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yes, that's perfect. The new option works as intended. I can confidently vote yes for this one now. We can make the optional file...optional, for those that desire it.

19 minutes ago, Greg said:

Yes, this resolves the issue nicely.

Sounds good. Marked accepted, added to ModList, etc.

As far as making the FO patch optional though, I think it should be always used, since this is the only way one can change font size via this mod's INI. With the patch, this can be used to change the font size to be as large as FO Realistic Print option with no difference than if that option were installed with FO and this mod's patch not used. In other words, not installing the Optional File for this mod needlessly constrains user options for font size.

So I propose FO installed without the Realistic Print option and always install the Optional File from this mod. User can set options via this mod's INI according to personal preference. Install order will also not matter this way, so alphabetical in Interface.