eFPS - Exterior FPS boost (by Firegtx & nicola89b)

Mousetick

Discussion topic:
eFPS - Exterior FPS boost by Firegtx, nicola89b
Wiki Link

This mod is the exteriors counterpart to Skyrim Project Optimization. It places occlusion panes in the world that tell the engine to skip rendering certain elements that are not visible to the player (an example of this would be the landscape behind a building or a wall).

I've had it in my modlist for a while along with Skyrim Project Optimization and I've not encountered any catastrophic issue, nor have I noticed visual glitches. I can't tell if it really improves performance though because I haven't performed with/without benchmark tests.

Install: wherever you like, it's just a plugin. LOOT sorts it very high, so it gets overridden by pretty much everything else.

Compatibility:

• The mod contains a lot of vanilla cell records. It doesn't modify them. In case of conflict, the other plugins (e.g. RW2) win so a patch should not be necessary for cells.
  • May not be compatible with any mod that moves/removes entities in exterior cells, depending on the changes and how they may conflict. Would require manual patching if necessary.
  • Compatibility patches are provided for a bunch of popular location mods.
  • As far as I can tell, all location mods currently in the STEP guide are either compatible without patch or covered by a patch.
Edited by Mousetick

From the mod page:

XLODgen's Occlusion, XLOGgen's terrain, Dyndolod DO NOT CONFLICT WITH OUR MOD, THEY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS

SO AVOID ASKING IT

:)

From the comments section:

Q: Will there be confits with 'Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes'

A: FOr to make the mod we always working with landscape + Useep in background! So there in no conflict with landascape!

As for compatibility with 'Smooth Shores' or 'Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods', that's a good question. There are no plugin conflicts per se. There could be glitches caused by terrain changes, but the changes those mods make are small. The occlusion planes of this mod are placed inside big objects like buildings, walls and mountains. As long as the landscape mods don't move or remove those big objects, there should be no issue.

Edited by Mousetick