At Your Own Pace (by agd25)

D1Z4STR

@Eliian

So given your last two posts, can you devise a recommendation for conflict resolutions and the mod you recently linked with the krypto update? As I mentioned, I have no desire to play for hours and hours to test quest lines an the like. As long as the solutions fit the Step Mandate, I am in favor of quest-line improvements.

I just need to know what to set up for testing and xEdit choices for the CR patch.

@TechAngel85 @DoubleYou @Greg ... you guys should chime in with recommendations based on what Eliian has found and recommends so that I can implement correctly for testing 2.1.0. Otherwise, I just don't have the will to make quest-line changes like this for 2.1.0

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

@Eliian

So given your last two posts, can you devise a recommendation for conflict resolutions and the mod you recently linked with the krypto update? As I mentioned, I have no desire to play for hours and hours to test quest lines an the like. As long as the solutions fit the Step Mandate, I am in favor of quest-line improvements.

I just need to know what to set up for testing and xEdit choices for the CR patch.

@TechAngel85 @DoubleYou @Greg ... you guys should chime in with recommendations based on what Eliian has found and recommends so that I can implement correctly for testing 2.1.0. Otherwise, I just don't have the will to make quest-line changes like this for 2.1.0

I will have a look when I'm able. I'm currently getting all the mods updated from downtime. Maybe I will be in a position to look at it sometime tomorrow.

I would go with At Your Own Pace replacing the not so fast mods for the main quest and College of Winterhold. I think that using the companions' portion is worthwhile considering nothing in STEP improves the questline.

For the Thieves guild I would go with Taking Care of Business. It already has built in compatibility with Thieves Guild Requirements and MCM options. 

For conflict resolutions there is not much. Nothing that would cause any issues. Mainly just text and quest log descriptions. 

• At Your Own Pace - Companions.esp needs USSEP records forwarded. The better quest descriptions from BQO needs to be prioritized for the quest Take Up Arms and the Companion misc objectives
  • At Your Own Pace - College of Winterhold.esp seems conflict free. The few it has with USSEP are intentional to do the changes the mod provides. 
  • At Your Own Pace - Main Quest.esp is also very conflict free. Extremely minor USSEP dialog text that just fixes grammar. A quest log text that is not forwarded. 
  • Thieves Guild Reformation.esp has no conflicts. 

I like the Misc file option for Jaree not harassing the PC every time they pass by lol. I also like the idea of the Riverwood Trader folks not being perpetually always in the same place when you don't go get the stolen claw. I need to test that though.

I'm not familiar enough with the Bard's College quests/npcs for the changes there. 

• Thanks 1

Following on what Eliian said, and which I forgot to mention in my take on AYOP: I also didn't use the Thieves Guild addon, since Taking Care of Business does a good job with that. So for me it would be:

Companions, with forwarded USSEP; College (though I haven't been there yet in this playthrough); Main and finally Misc (especially for Jaree... I KNOW you have a little work for me. Hush it before I make you into a pair of lizard leather boots!)

34 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

So we now that Ja-Ree is covered by The Choice is Yours. I don't think these mods can be merged, so it will have to be one of the other. I now I have The Choice Is Yours winning.

He is? With TCIY he still kept barking at me. With AYOP, he didn't. Odd. And I have AYOP winning anyway now, since I put it under "Patches", not Quests.

Same for me with TCIY. He still yells about a job when I walk by without this MISC mod. 

Rumors about Jaree-Ra will no longer trigger the quest. As of version 1.4, when talking to Jaree-Ra, the dialogue option about turning him into the guards will now appear prior to the player accepting the quest. Not only does the dialogue make more sense this way, but it can now act as a proper refusal dialogue since the quest won't start if the player chooses this option. Actual options to accept or refuse the quest were also added.

Could the extra dialogue option for refusing the quest be carried over from TCIY?

MS07JRWhatIf0 "Setting up a wreck? I should turn you in to the guards." [DIAL:00025F53]

EDIT: Never mind. Looking more closely I understand why we have to choose between the two. I would go with at your own pace-MISC even if I will miss the threat of turning him in.

Edited by Eliian

On 6/30/2022 at 11:26 PM, TechAngel85 said:

I say we accept these in place of Not So Fast. I'm looking at them now in xEdit and they are fairly simple. So far only two forwards, but I'm not done yet. I'll send the updated Patches along once I'm done.

Yep

• 1 month later...

If i may ask, is there a public 'dev log' or notes listing the records which need to be changed/forwarded/patched? I have already added four of the AYOP modules to my 2.0.0 install (never really liked the 'Not So Fast' mods in LE before) and would really like to patch AYOP, where it is needed. Thank you ...

Edited by CorneliusC

7 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

If i may ask, is there a public 'dev log' or notes listing the records which need to be changed/forwarded/patched? I have already added four of the AYOP modules to my 2.0.0 install (never really liked the 'Not So Fast' mods in LE before) and would really like to patch AYOP, where it is needed. Thank you ...

There is a develop patch with this mod already patched up, but we don't release those to the public because they change often during the course of developing the next release.

40 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

There is a develop patch with this mod already patched up, but we don't release those to the public because they change often during the course of developing the next release.

I understand, thank you. I've read the 'Guide Development Workflow' document after posting this morning, my apologies ...

• 2 months later...

Could this mod be safety skipped?, it just seems odd to me that this mod would exist since the base game is pretty good at being able to avoid main quests.

Also the only quest delaying mod that I'd want to use is Thieves Guild Requirements SE, could I skip the other mods as well? (The Choice is Yours, Timing is Everything SE are the other mods I'm talking about)

Edited by LittleGuy
Ask about other mods